Bad news on Harris

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
First of all, before anyone hurts their hand patting TT on the back, remember that he has already caved in to Franks, Walker and Driver, chances are he'll continue that trend by also caving in to Harris. I would say let Harris sit if he wants to sit and go after any fines or bonus money they can for him missing camp. But I know it isn't going to happen, Thompson will give him exactly what he wants.

And as to Harris caring about "Packer Family" or "PackerNation", there is only one family he cares anything about and that is his own.

How did TT cave to Walker? Walker left because TT didn't cave.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT Completely caved to Walker!

Walker wanted out and he got his wish and a handsome PAYDAY as well.

TT could have let Walker sit - but he Caved! Now you can argue if this was the right move but when you say "TT had to get something out of him because JWalk wasn't going to play here for his current contract" it is the same as saying "TT caved to Walker"

Javon wanted more money, from GB or someone else, and guess what, he got it!

Mike McKenzie got his wish to, as did Bubba. You want to set a benchmark, you don't give these guys what they are asking for. These guys know that they can do this because management will cave. Don't offer a new contract,don't trade them away so someone else can give them the cash they want but instead let them sit and rot til thier contract expires. It may be more beneficial for the team to trade them away, but it still shows weakness that these guys will prey upon.

TT caved and now you are going to see an onslaught of more of the same.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Incentive laden contract:
x dollars per solo tackle; x dollars per assisted tackle; x dollars for interception; x dollars for interception with TD. T-t-t-th-a-aa-t-s all folks and a candy bar if you're a good boy. LMAO!!!

Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
TT Completely caved to Walker!

Walker wanted out and he got his wish and a handsome PAYDAY as well.

TT could have let Walker sit - but he Caved! Now you can argue if this was the right move but when you say "TT had to get something out of him because JWalk wasn't going to play here for his current contract" it is the same as saying "TT caved to Walker"

Javon wanted more money, from GB or someone else, and guess what, he got it!

Mike McKenzie got his wish to, as did Bubba. You want to set a benchmark, you don't give these guys what they are asking for. These guys know that they can do this because management will cave. Don't offer a new contract,don't trade them away so someone else can give them the cash they want but instead let them sit and rot til thier contract expires. It may be more beneficial for the team to trade them away, but it still shows weakness that these guys will prey upon.

TT caved and now you are going to see an onslaught of more of the same.

TT did what he had to, that is get rid of Walker. McKenzie came in her and was a cancer in the locker room, during his short stint. We didn't need that again. Furthermore, Walker was as good as gone next year, and TT traded him to get something in return. I say that is better than nothing at all.

The fact is there is a growing preception that the Packers can be had, but rather than play the blame game, TT needs to work on how to fix it. Because if things continue as they currently are, Collins and Barnett will be the next to holdout.

While I don't agree with the phrase that TT caved, I am hardpressed to find another term for what he did. But you are right pyle, I worry there will be more players holding out to get more money.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post AADP, I am not blaming TT for doing what he did with JWalk, though I think we got the short end of the deal in the longrun, it still remains that the only way to truly stay firm with these malcontents is just to let them sit.

TT made a move that was best for the team at the time, BUT, by taking that approach he opened up a whole new can of worms for the future.

If it was me, I would let them sit. No new contracts, No trades because you are holding me hostage, No anything until you man up and play for the already ridiculous sum you are getting. Don't want to play, go hang with Cletidus.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
If it was me, I would let them sit. No new contracts, No trades because you are holding me hostage, No anything until you man up and play for the already ridiculous sum you are getting. Don't want to play, go hang with Cletidus.

before we got those extra picks i was saying let his *** sit too, but maybe if we had made him sit Harris would have shown up for OTA's an we wouldnt be talking about this.

Members online

Latest posts