1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Bad news for Packers fans: Matt Millen fired

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by IronMan, Sep 24, 2008.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8601 ... sident,-GM

2. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the nightmare is finally over. Now we can start rebuilding for real. I'm glad they did it now so the new guy has the rest of the season to evaluate what (little) talent we have. I hope new guy makes him play Stanton so we can see if we have at least one qb worth a damn for the future. Give us a couple of years and we might actually compete!! It is s great day for Detroit fans.

3. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Now how long will it take for the Lions to be competitive in the NFL again. Smart move whoever did it.

4. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
    Maybe the Vikings will hire him ? Nah we can't get that lucky.

5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you Matt Millen for 7 wonderful years.

6. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: :devil:

7. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know the record doesn't show it, but sad the Lion's may get their only win of the season during the bye week.

8. LostnSpace

LostnSpace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OK Ford Jr got his early Christmas present. Now what? I talked to people that went to their last game and they were happy that Matt is gone. But as my co-worker said "The chant's of Fire Millen didn't echo throughout the stadium" Crowd was wondering who do we put the blame on now?

9. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well matt millen burned down this rickety franchise. the fires been put out now. but the damage is still there. We need someone to come in and see how much damage there is and how to fix it. It's not going to be a fast thing. we are purging a whole staff and system again at the end of the season. It's going to take a couple years to put this thing back together. We have a lot better chance with anyone now than we did with Millen though.