Bad Coaching

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Reid deserves an F for the day. His choice at starting QB was out-done by his decisions to play Kolb and middle linebacker Bradley after both suffered concussions. Bradley looked like a punch drunk fighter after his collision and never should have been allowed to play.

The Eagles were generally disorganized on offense and their 10 penalties suggest they are an undisciplined team. Most of that is due to coaching.

Reid made McCarthy look like a genius in comparison. And Mike's personnel decisions and conservative play calling at the end nearly cost us the game. Lots of room for improvement---but a win when you play badly is a great win.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Andy Reid deserves an F for the day. His choice at starting QB was out-done by his decisions to play Kolb and middle linebacker Bradley after both suffered concussions. Bradley looked like a punch drunk fighter after his collision and never should have been allowed to play.

The Eagles were generally disorganized on offense and their 10 penalties suggest they are an undisciplined team. Most of that is due to coaching.

Reid made McCarthy look like a genius in comparison. And Mike's personnel decisions and conservative play calling at the end nearly cost us the game. Lots of room for improvement---but a win when you play badly is a great win.

I agree, sending Kolb and Bradley out there after they knew they had concussions is inexcusable and could cause permanent damage (more than already has happened) and the league should send a letter to Reid about that. I'd be upset if it was my kid out there after a concussion even if it is the NFL. Talk about NOT protecting your players. Kolb came out on his own saying he couldn't see clearly. Why the hell was he allowed to go back out there. That's nuts.

I think the Eagles were aggressive which led to a lot of penalties, I'm not sure how much of that comes down to coaches. He might have told them, play loose with the rules cause we are at home and what not. I dunno.

As far as starting Kolb, to really win SBs in the league you have to have a pocket passer not a scrambler like Vick and I can see why they want to get Kolb up and running the offense. He supposedly has a big arm, but he was horrible against our D. I think that is a credit to the scheme Capers had in place. Wish we had a scheme for Vick as a backup and it was obvious we didn't.

The Eagles seem like a much better coached team than Dallas for instance. Reid is a pretty good coach, they've gotten to the Championship game 5 times in 10 years, you have to be a pretty good coach to do that. yeah, McCarthy's conservative approach in the 2nd half nearly cost us the game. That was just dumb and frustrating. Although if the offense had been able to get a few more 1st downs the could have run the clock out on them. Lets keep the pressure on all 4 quarters please.

Let's be glad we won.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it wasnt for that Calvin Johnson BS this would be the topic of the week

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playcalling at the end of the game for the Packers was HORRIBLE!!!!
Agreed. I think a couple more quick slants to Driver or Finley would have helped. But hey......we won and like Charles Woodson stated after the game........we made some mistakes and hopefully we learn from them and play better next week.

When we look back in about 8 or 9 weeks the only thing we will know is this was a win. Hopefully we will have quite a few by then and be in a position to make a deep run into the playoffs and a SB Victory.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM was AWFUL.

I mean, EVERYONE knew that on first down, MM would run, and on 2nd down, it would be either a 5 or a 7 step drop.

Only one draw against their pass rush, and ZERO screens and reverses. Only one play action called.

MM did a terrible job in this game.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is horrible in the 4th quarter, he has been forever. he assumes that as soon as the scoreboard flips to the 4th quarter oyou need to toss out everything that has worked thus far in favor of a scripted steaming pile of crap.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just McCarthy. Virtually all of the coaches sit on a lead in the 4th quarter, figuring that playing conservatively cuts down the chances of making a mistake. The losing team continues to play aggressively, and in a close game may actually have a better chance of winning a close game (3 pts or less) than the team with a small lead. I don't know about a 7 point lead--maybe the numbers show that virtually all teams with a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter win. It does drive me nuts, however, that coaches change their game plan at the end of the game if that plan had gotten them the lead.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand not wanting to make a mistake, but even on an off day for rodgers hes still one of the least mistake prone QBs in the league

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Its like they start playing the percentages with some dumb book that tells them if they play run/conservative on offense and prevent on Defense you'll have 70% chance of winning the game with a 7 point lead or something. I dunno. it's annoying to me to see a team climb back into a game while our offense goes 3 and out 4 or 5 times. ARGGGGGGHHH

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Reid and Smith were the worse coaches yesterday, McCarthy wasn't pretty but it wasn't too bad. The thing I would have to say about our offense is I believe most teams prepare to do everything they can to stop our passing game. If you view our games, we usually have some great passes, and it shows we have a hard time running the ball. And after Rodgers wasn't looking too hot out there and it was probably best to be conservative.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its like they start playing the percentages with some dumb book that tells them if they play run/conservative on offense and prevent on Defense you'll have 70% chance of winning the game with a 7 point lead or something. I dunno. it's annoying to me to see a team climb back into a game while our offense goes 3 and out 4 or 5 times. ARGGGGGGHHH

Exactly.

Members online

Latest posts