backup corners or capers?

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
miami took off in the second half when our starting corners went down, but watching the game i wonder if it was more about capers lack of trust in the corners and therefore changing the schemes and blitzes than about the ability of house, bush and hayward. I felt capers had no trust in the backups and changed what was working on defence and miami took advantage. When the defence had to hold and capers went with all out blitzes and left man coverage against the WRs we held miami and got possession back

wondering what people think... is our depth poor at corner or was it capers lack of confidence which allowed miamis offence to hit us hard

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
losing your 1 and 2 is huge and you should expect a huge drop off. Im not looking to blame anyone except bad luck. Capers and the rest of the staff will have to make due with what they have til we get back to 100%

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see much difference in the play calls. Same scheme with different results from half to half means it's players to me.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House and Hayward didn't really give much up. Hayward had the missed tackle that led to a big gain but other than that I think most of the plays made were on Bush, LBs, or Ss. We already knew Bush isn't that great. They scored one of their TDs while Williams and Shields were still playing. Lattimore going out had a bigger impact than both CBs going out to me.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think a lot of it in the second half was Miami realizing the Lattimore was out and Brad Jones was in. They really started attacking the middle and whichever side of the field he was on. Other than the shoe string tackle on Tannehill on 3rd down and the deflection off of his helmet he didn't produce much. He always looks pushed around and out of place. I know it isn't his fault but...falling on your own player and injuring him,bad luck just seems to follow the guy,hands to the face to extend the drive for the Dolphins when we had them stopped on 3rd down. I told a Panther fan friend of mine he is a good guy,but he is like a virus that weakens and devours its host.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
miami took off in the second half when our starting corners went down, but watching the game i wonder if it was more about capers lack of trust in the corners and therefore changing the schemes and blitzes than about the ability of house, bush and hayward. I felt capers had no trust in the backups and changed what was working on defence and miami took advantage. When the defence had to hold and capers went with all out blitzes and left man coverage against the WRs we held miami and got possession back

wondering what people think... is our depth poor at corner or was it capers lack of confidence which allowed miamis offence to hit us hard

No I think the shock of losing two corners in quick succession shocked the team and put them back on their heals. They did play well in the final two series though.

Members online

Latest posts