back up qb???

ag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any thoughts on experienced qb that might show up at end of training camp? Aaron has been hurt in the past. who would fit best? no way we can count on rookie as back up?...

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can count on brohm! have you seen him in training camp amazing! not as good as favre but pretty good id say Matt schaub performance

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol: Oh yes! Rodgers is injury prone. Twice in four yrs and everyone worries about his duarbility. Can't really predict when a player will get injured and I believe that McCarthy is pretty happy with the development of Brohm so, why always the insistance of obtaining another QB puzzles me. Can't see any really good ones around that would be adaptable to our offense.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, our backup QB is a rookie. We have 35 million in cap space and management is going into the season with an injury prone first time starter and 2 rookie backups. Well done. That is almost a fire able offense in my book if Rodgers goes down or stinks it up considering the supposed talent level of the team.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Yea, our backup QB is a rookie. We have 35 million in cap space and management is going into the season with an injury prone first time starter and 2 rookie backups. Well done. That is almost a fire able offense in my book if Rodgers goes down or stinks it up considering the supposed talent level of the team.

You mean WHEN he gets hurt. He will be done by week 3. It will be a long year for TT.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
You mean WHEN he gets hurt. He will be done by week 3. It will be a long year for TT.

you're such a great fan. you're logic astounds me. do we have an ignore button on this new site yet?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

Quit worrying. Rodgers has gone 42 for 54 with 4 TDs and 1 INT in 11-on-11 drills since Favre was dealt. That's as good as Favre ever did in practice, so there's NOTHING to indicate that Rodgers is going to flop at this point. He's also picked up a lot of the little things Brett did, like perfectly timed pump fakes to freeze safeties and blitzers. He's looking good. Be happy about that. The kid deserves our support!

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Brohm for starter...Remember what Merill Hodge of ESPN said a few days ago"...Aaron Rodgers is NOT accurate beyond 10 yards...he was not at CAL either"...hmmm...IS it me or did Rogers leave the pocket after his first read...and scrambles...not a good sign of the next QB for the pack.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starpass said:
Brian Brohm for starter...Remember what Merill Hodge of ESPN said a few days ago"...Aaron Rodgers is NOT accurate beyond 10 yards...he was not at CAL either"...hmmm...IS it me or did Rogers leave the pocket after his first read...and scrambles...not a good sign of the next QB for the pack.

not accurate beyond ten yards?? that can not be true, TT & MM would not give A-Rod a starting job if that were true

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that the deep ball is one of the things AR is renowned for.

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ag said:
Any thoughts on experienced qb that might show up at end of training camp? Aaron has been hurt in the past. who would fit best? no way we can count on rookie as back up?...

I honestly think we need to pick up a VET QB to backup AR.. we can't go into the regular season with the backup rookies..

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woodson21 said:
ag said:

I honestly think we need to pick up a VET QB to backup AR.. we can't go into the regular season with the backup rookies..

Who?

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leftwich and dante might suck but i rather go with an Exp QB rather then a rookie QB.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson21 said:
Leftwich and dante might suck but i rather go with an Exp QB rather then a rookie QB.

Yes, but within limits. Personally I'd rather have Brohm get some experience than Culpepper fumbling his way through the season.

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah true, but Brohm is not even close to being ready to start a game in the NFL. Can you guys imagine AR getting hurt or something? who do we put in the game? a rookie? no way. that's why im saying we should pick up a VET qb to Mentor Brohm and Flyn

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I would have liked getting Pennington (maybe not for his salary) or Garcia as part of a trade. I think everyone would have approved of that. Decent vet to mentor the 3 other QBs.

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pennington? no way bro. that guy has a rubber arm. maybe just to mentor the young guys, but not to play a down as the starting QB of the pack. it's funny because alot of fin fans are mad that pennington is there guy now hahaha

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson21 said:
Pennington? no way bro. that guy has a rubber arm. maybe just to mentor the young guys, but not to play a down as the starting QB of the pack. it's funny because alot of fin fans are mad that pennington is there guy now hahaha

Haha. Sure, he's got a noodle arm, but I think he would be a better mentor than Culpepper. We DO throw a lot of short timing routes though, so it might not be TOO bad.

Members online

Latest posts