1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

back up qb???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ag, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ag

ag Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Any thoughts on experienced qb that might show up at end of training camp? Aaron has been hurt in the past. who would fit best? no way we can count on rookie as back up?...

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Whoever the Bucs cut.

3. starr15

starr15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you can count on brohm! have you seen him in training camp amazing! not as good as favre but pretty good id say Matt schaub performance

4. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol: Oh yes! Rodgers is injury prone. Twice in four yrs and everyone worries about his duarbility. Can't really predict when a player will get injured and I believe that McCarthy is pretty happy with the development of Brohm so, why always the insistance of obtaining another QB puzzles me. Can't see any really good ones around that would be adaptable to our offense.

5. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, our backup QB is a rookie. We have 35 million in cap space and management is going into the season with an injury prone first time starter and 2 rookie backups. Well done. That is almost a fire able offense in my book if Rodgers goes down or stinks it up considering the supposed talent level of the team.

6. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You mean WHEN he gets hurt. He will be done by week 3. It will be a long year for TT.

7. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you're such a great fan. you're logic astounds me. do we have an ignore button on this new site yet?

8. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Byron Leftwytch and Dante Culpepper are available...

9. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Daunte's had his chance.

10. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We do have a backup QB. He wears #12.

11. PackinCheeseWhiz

PackinCheeseWhiz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this still the Green Bay Packers forum? Doesnt look like alot of loyal fans around.

12. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    man, if a-rod goes down by week 3, it maybe tt last year in GB.

13. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Quit worrying. Rodgers has gone 42 for 54 with 4 TDs and 1 INT in 11-on-11 drills since Favre was dealt. That's as good as Favre ever did in practice, so there's NOTHING to indicate that Rodgers is going to flop at this point. He's also picked up a lot of the little things Brett did, like perfectly timed pump fakes to freeze safeties and blitzers. He's looking good. Be happy about that. The kid deserves our support!

14. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brian Brohm for starter...Remember what Merill Hodge of ESPN said a few days ago"...Aaron Rodgers is NOT accurate beyond 10 yards...he was not at CAL either"...hmmm...IS it me or did Rogers leave the pocket after his first read...and scrambles...not a good sign of the next QB for the pack.

15. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    not accurate beyond ten yards?? that can not be true, TT & MM would not give A-Rod a starting job if that were true

16. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Not to mention the fact that the deep ball is one of the things AR is renowned for.

17. Woodson21

Woodson21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I honestly think we need to pick up a VET QB to backup AR.. we can't go into the regular season with the backup rookies..

18. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Who?

19. RockJock07

RockJock07 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And they are both bad

20. Woodson21

Woodson21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Leftwich and dante might suck but i rather go with an Exp QB rather then a rookie QB.

21. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but within limits. Personally I'd rather have Brohm get some experience than Culpepper fumbling his way through the season.

22. Woodson21

Woodson21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah true, but Brohm is not even close to being ready to start a game in the NFL. Can you guys imagine AR getting hurt or something? who do we put in the game? a rookie? no way. that's why im saying we should pick up a VET qb to Mentor Brohm and Flyn

23. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I would have liked getting Pennington (maybe not for his salary) or Garcia as part of a trade. I think everyone would have approved of that. Decent vet to mentor the 3 other QBs.

24. Woodson21

Woodson21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pennington? no way bro. that guy has a rubber arm. maybe just to mentor the young guys, but not to play a down as the starting QB of the pack. it's funny because alot of fin fans are mad that pennington is there guy now hahaha

25. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha. Sure, he's got a noodle arm, but I think he would be a better mentor than Culpepper. We DO throw a lot of short timing routes though, so it might not be TOO bad.