Back to back to back to back division champs

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
credit to Ted Thompson, Aaron Rodgers, and McCarthy for running this division like the bosses they are

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears self destruct. Vikings self destruct. Though I think Bridgwater and Norv Turner are going to be contending soon enough... Dang Lions. I almost feel bad, never giving them a turn to win................lol I said I almost feel bad. .

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Bears self destruct. Vikings self destruct. Though I think Bridgwater and Norv Turner are going to be contending soon enough... Dang Lions. I almost feel bad, never giving them a turn to win................lol I said I almost feel bad. .
They had it in their hands last year and gave it back not only to GB but let Chicago in on the action too. This season they just had to step up, grab the ring, and hold on for another 25 minutes or so.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A first in the 95 year old franchise winning the division four years in a row.

For the first 48 years of the Packers club there were no divisions; either just a single league or two Eastern and Western Conferences. Division alignment didn't start until 1967, when the Packers achieved their "threepeat' NFL and Super Bowl seasons and won the first Central Division title that year.

As the Central and, with the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, the NFC Central until 2001 the Packers won 3 in a row during 1995-97; when they also made the playoffs 6 straight seasons.They finished, though, with only 5 total Central Division titles over those 34 years. Minnesota dominated with 15; including streaks of 4 and 6 years during the 1970's. Chicago won 6, with a streak of 5 in a row in the 1980's. Detroit and Tampa Bay each won three.

Since the NFC North came into being in 2002 the Packers have won 8 titles; three in a row 2002-04 and the current four straight. Chicago has 3 and Minnesota two. The Bears and Vikings each have had two year runs as division titleists.

Of course most would trade some of these division and wild card playoff seasons for Super Bowls. Hopefully the franchise sight is set on "world championships" which has historically set the Packers apart from the rest.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts