Back 2 the Stanford pool?

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Fournette isn't #1, you need to revise your list. McCaffrey would be a good gadget back, but Fournette can catch the ball with 1 hand and would be 5x the running back. He runs with the intensity of AP, and the difference in talent is debatable between him and AP. He just has the worst offensive-minded coach in modern day FBS.
In my opinion Fournette goes top 15 guaranteed. On the flip side I believe there is a chance people sleep on McCaffrey causing him to fall.

D

Deleted member 6794

The one thing I will agree with regardless of whether or not McCaffrey is available when the Packers draft in 2017 is that the Packers need skill position players. The Packers could use a running back, tight end, and wide receiver in no particular order. The Packers appear to have built up the trenches and are solid at quarterback and safety. It looks like the big needs are running back, tight end, wide receiver, and cornerback.

The Packers currently have only two outside linebackers under contract for the 2017 season in Matthews and Fackrell. Therefore depending on what happens in free agency next offseason the positions might end up being the team's biggest need entering the draft.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Long season ahead and still time for players to develop. Couple that with injuries, resigns, free agency (Ha Ha -not the player), guessing our needs today may be different then our needs when the draft rolls around. But Jordy will be 32 at the start of next season and unless Adams or any of the other 4 step up their games, I for one would like to see a WR be high on the priority list.

The "development" notion is tough to imagine at this point since Janis, Abby, Montgomery, and Davis are getting so few game reps on offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The "development" notion is tough to imagine at this point since Janis, Abby, Montgomery, and Davis are getting so few game reps on offense.
I would include Adams in that list as far as development goes. While the other ones may not be getting game reps, they are still learning and developing on the practice field, film room, etc.

I was also referring to the rest of a very young team. All 3 of our ILB's are still pretty green. As are Rollins, Randall, Gunter and most of the backups in the secondary. Same could probably be said for our special teams units. Haven't looked at personnel closely with those units, but guessing quite a few rookies.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers currently have only two outside linebackers under contract for the 2017 season in Matthews and Fackrell. Therefore depending on what happens in free agency next offseason the positions might end up being the team's biggest need entering the draft.
At this point I'd put Perry as our #1 priority FA. Elliott should be brought back as well to strengthen the OLB position.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I'd put Perry as our #1 priority FA. Elliott should be brought back as well to strengthen the OLB position.

I agree. Perry looks like he should be resigned before the season ends. Elliot is a restricted free agent after this after so the Packers have options (high tender or being able to match another team's offer).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing I will agree with regardless of whether or not McCaffrey is available when the Packers draft in 2017 is that the Packers need skill position players. The Packers could use a running back, tight end, and wide receiver in no particular order. The Packers appear to have built up the trenches and are solid at quarterback and safety. It looks like the big needs are running back, tight end, wide receiver, and cornerback.

So last years wonder twins (Randall and Rollins) are this years chopped liver?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Long season ahead and still time for players to develop. Couple that with injuries, resigns, free agency (Ha Ha -not the player), guessing our needs today may be different then our needs when the draft rolls around. But Jordy will be 32 at the start of next season and unless Adams or any of the other 4 step up their games, I for one would like to see a WR be high on the priority list.

Maybe they can bring back James ... Nah, not gonna get your hopes up:D:D:D

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Fournette goes top 15 guaranteed. On the flip side I believe there is a chance people sleep on McCaffrey causing him to fall.

If he falls it will be because of something like what happened to Myles Jack. No one was sleeping on him, they just didn't trust his injury. No one is going to sleep on McCaffrey. I'm not saying he won't drop but just not because no one was paying attention.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he falls it will be because of something like what happened to Myles Jack. No one was sleeping on him, they just didn't trust his injury. No one is going to sleep on McCaffrey. I'm not saying he won't drop but just not because no one was paying attention.
I was thinking mkre along the lines of scouts and others seeing him as an undersized scat back blessed to be on team with such good offense specifically the OLine. I'm not saying he will fall for sure but I've seen bigger surprises happen.

Members online

Latest posts