B.Jackson=Diet Pepsi Rookie of the week.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Brandon..... But.... Jeese.... I am torn apart here on him getting this award.

Personally, as a fan, I would trade Jackson's Rookie of the week award for Ryan Grant getting an extra 45 yards and breaking 1,000 yards in seven games as a starter for the Pack this year

We all loved Gado, but I knew deep down Gado was a marginal RB. I have never felt that about Grant. Grant is "The Real Deal"and he has found a home for his talents in the Z.B.S.

The best kept secret about Grant is he has had one fumble in 188 carries.

Not Orly that, but he can find the end zone. 8 Times he has touched the hand of "Touch Down Jesus." (God loves Notre Dame.)

Now... Jackson is younger.... He stepped up. Good for him. His average is 3.6 compared to Grants 5.1 he had 75 carries compared to Grants 188, 1 TD and he also did not drop the ball.

I think it is clear that The Pack do not need to draft a R.B.

That is very cool if we look back at our needs in last years draft.

The question is.......

Is one of them GREAT TRADE BAIT Come Draft Time?

Your thoughts gentlemen.....

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grant going under 1,000 keeps him under the radar, and hurts him when it comes to re-signing(although I doubt he gets 'ripped off'), which I'm fine with.

OP
OP
DGB454

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good one two punch on the ground going into the playoffs is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe Jackson is as talented as Grant but it's nice to see we have some potential there at the #2 spot.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been disappointed in Brandon this year. It's nice that he has been recognized for this award, but keep in mind he did have this game against a Kitty team that was phoning it it.

Grant has really impressed this year. The game that sticks in my mind the most was the 100+ he posted against the vaunted Viking run defense.

I'm anxious to see what we do this offseason. I don't see Morency in the future plans of the Packers. I have hopes that Wynn can get himself into shape and fight for playing time. We'll see about Brandon, but Ryan Grant has cemented himself as the starter in GB for a long time.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree grant came on strong think he will be good for the team.jackson kind of reminds me of davenport but he may even be better with time morency wants to be a starter that may be a problem

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give credit to the improvement of the offensive line throughout the season as well. I don't think Grant would've had any/many good games early in the season with the way our line was run blocking. You just can't do it all on your own.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. No trading B-Jack. We want two good RBs.
I have a strong feeling next year that MM will implement a more "balanced" offense, where we have closer to 50/50 rush/pass. We'll need both Grant and Jackson. Don't be surprised if we have 5 next year (Grant, Jackson, Wynn, Morency, Herron). The top three will be getting a lot of rushes, a la '03.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts