Awaiting word on Kampman

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i sure hope not...there really wasn't any info in that article so it's tough to speak on. we do have some money to spend. if the offer sheet in question isn't to far-fetched i say we go to bat for this gentleman.

like i said before, not a whole lot to go on. so i guess what i'm sayin is....i don't know ****!!!

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey could you post what it says cause i got to sign up to veiw and i dont really want to..... :wink:

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The JSonline "so-called" sign-up process is very basic - I put down alien names, etc - no need to truly identify yourself. Put down 123 Anywhere Street for that matter!

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampy is a tough call because he's such a great worker and very productive considering where he was taken in the draft. Kampman's tackle numbers put him in the top 10 of all NFL DL for last year. While that's impressive, I think most of us realize he's not the dominating force we need him to be. Question is will GB use the money and pick to get someone better? Based on what they've done thus far, I don't think anyone can make that assumption. My guess is if they lose Kampy, they'll play Hunt or one of the young guys and hope for the best?

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was the best player on the d line last year

far better than the highly over paid 94 and 97, who both should wear a mask and tote a gun on payday, because they surley stole their money last year

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings | Sign Packers' Kampman to an Offer Sheet - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:40:49 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed Green Bay Packers restricted free agent DE Aaron Kampman to a one-year offer sheet. Financial terms of the offer sheet were not immediately available. The Packers have first right of refusal and can match the offer. If they do not, the Packers would receive a fifth-round draft choice from the Vikings as compensation.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grabthar said:
Vikings | Sign Packers' Kampman to an Offer Sheet - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:40:49 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed Green Bay Packers restricted free agent DE Aaron Kampman to a one-year offer sheet. Financial terms of the offer sheet were not immediately available. The Packers have first right of refusal and can match the offer. If they do not, the Packers would receive a fifth-round draft choice from the Vikings as compensation.

Ahhhhhhhhh, those damn Vikings. You know they are just doing this to make us waste more of our cap space. I'll really get worried if we don't get Kampman back. I know he's average, but he was our leading tackler on the line last year.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that the Packers were hoping someone would workout a reasonable market deal with Aaron, thus doing all the work, and the Packers keeping Aaron the next 3-4 years by simply matching it. But now it may have backfired, depending upon the contract the Queens offered.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the contract is what Kampman would like to have and the Packers dont place an offer to him i say good luck to him.

Two sides to this, 1. losing our leading tackler from the d-line, but the upside is that we get a fifth round pick. The more picks the better....
It just sucks that we might lose another player to the Queens....

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the reports are right, it seems kind of odd to me that he only signed a one year offer. I think TT is in a good position. If he values Kampman, I think he can afford to match the offer without killing our cap like some contracts in the past have done since the contract is only for 1 year. If TT isn't high on Kampman, he can let him go, get an additional draft pick, and use the money that would have gone to Kampman towards a different free agent instead.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
minnesota is really pissing me off...since when is green bay their farm team?
Hang in there AG - TT hasn't thrown in the towel just yet....
Besides - who knows if Kampman can handle playin on turf all the damn time - bad on the knees don't ya know! I say good for Aaron, if he can put himself in the driver's seat - all's the better - he's not claiming huge dollars at this point - so, his Family will benefit no matter 'where' he goes.. And, he grew up in IOWA anyway (Nobody comes from Iowa, remember? 'ceptin' maybe RADAR!)

I've always liked the guy's moxie - he'll be fine and if it works out for GB, then woohoo!
The thing is that MN has a few extra bucks to spare and is just throwin' it away like Dallas did a few years back - their run won't last long. Afore ya know it - they'll be broke all over again!

Who would we try to get to replace him? Any of ya check into that yet?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I think the Pack will wait and see what the draft holds for them and what they get from it. Then next week they'll decide what 's best for the team as far as keeping Kampmann.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think they let him go. This way TT gets one more of Shermans Picks out the door and he gets an additional 5th round selection next year.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree with the "additional fifth round pick" thinking....

But - the shot at Sherman isn't TT's style.... I don't think it ever was!

At that level, unless your Al Davis, or Jerry Jones... then burning bridges isn't something you go out and do. But - we'll see!

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman

I like Kampman and I hope the Packers can keep him. I wonder how much money the Vikings offerred our hard working DE. I am sure Bates will make Kampman earn his starting DE spot, if the Packers keep him.
How Much Money IS the Issue.

Rhino58

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I've been wondering how much the Vikings have offered also. Hopefully
not too much. :D I really hope we can keep Kampman, though.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry here's why

There is some "gamesmanship" going on. If the Packers wait until just before deadline there will not be an offer even higher than the Vikings. The Packers match and the Vikings have cost the Pack a minimum wage player or early extension to another player. I'm suprised it didn't happen to Nall. Thompson is gutsy and shows more backbone than Sherman.

Go Pack.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Don't worry here's why

CaliforniaCheez said:
There is some "gamesmanship" going on. If the Packers wait until just before deadline there will not be an offer even higher than the Vikings. The Packers match and the Vikings have cost the Pack a minimum wage player or early extension to another player. I'm suprised it didn't happen to Nall. Thompson is gutsy and shows more backbone than Sherman.

Go Pack.

definately some gamesmanship going on, but i doubt they would sign a rediculous offer sheet simply because they could afford it...and god knows they can afford it.

hey CaliCheez where are you at in Cali? im over here in San Jose.

Members online

Latest posts