Awaiting word on Kampman

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Don't worry here's why

arrowgargantuan said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

hey CaliCheez where are you at in Cali? im over here in San Jose.

I caught your invitation to this site at the Green Bay Gazette Board.
I'm in Citrus Heights near Sacramento. Plenty of Sports Bars with Packer fans here.

Probably should have P.M.'d but I don't think Kampmann is a big issue as the Packers will retain. No Sharks games-too long until football again. By the way True Luck was a 5th and a 6th round pick. Isn't Kampmann worth more than 1/2 a True Luck?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CaliforniaCheez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

hey CaliCheez where are you at in Cali? im over here in San Jose.

I'm in Citrus Heights near Sacramento. Plenty of Sports Bars with Packer fans here.

Probably should have P.M.'d but I don't think Kampmann is a big issue as the Packers will retain. No Sharks games-too long until football again. By the way True Luck was a 5th and a 6th round pick. Isn't Kampmann worth more than 1/2 a True Luck?

oh ok nice...a lotta people from the south bay are movin up towards that area since the real estate prices are pretty rediculous over here.

and dont worry about the PM issue. it's not an official thread hi-jack if we get back on topic.

and nice point about Truluck, by the way.

as long as we don't overpay, Kampmann needs to stay. end of story.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampmann lives in Green Bay during the off season and participates in all programs and even does extra workouts on his own. He is an intelligent and hard working player. Ideal locker room guy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

arrowgargantuan said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Hey, CaliCheez, where are you, in Cali? I'm over here in San Jose.

Okay Cheeseheads - it's time for my proverbial question to be thrown out there to the masses again - especially for those who are new-er to the PackerForum board....

You two are in California (and that's all well and good - you gotta come from someplace) - What I need to find out --- is ---- Where the Packer fans get together (?) Do these places (Hangouts) have web sites up and running? What are the names of where you get together with the rest of the Packerfans who are in the know...? I do have a specific reason-ing for asking. Also - Have you heard about "PackPacific"...?

Here's their web site ------ Pack Pacific

My reasoning? On our web site (IndyPackerBackers) We are "trying" to maintain a listing of all other known Hangout and Clubs which are more than just Jocko & his buddies swillin' a few Leinies....

Other good examples would be shown here at THIS link.... Packer Fan Sites and Clubs

{Psst - I took out your bold html addings}

Anyways... some feedback would be appreciated - Back here in Lambeau Midwest - we try to make sure other Cheeseheads around the Country can find out about each other - if possible - whenever they stop by our Link..

Thanks guys!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman I think was offered 1.2 Million for one year. The end of the free agent signing is today I beleive. So if they want Kampman they can sign him now and there wouldn't be anything the Vikes can do about it. The Vikes are quickly losing cap space and are in the middle of the pack as far as money left to play with in free agency. we may add one more if someone we need badly ends up a cap casuality. But I am sure we are done in th efree agent market. WE need a good draft to solidify the D and one or two players on O. But I think if we draft right we can get alll we need in the draft.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, So many Packer Boards

Packer fans always find each other. When I was over for the Iraq war I carried a Packer pen and I met Packer fans in every workshop.
My command thought I had great diplomatic skills and were amazed at the cooperation and favors I could obtain. All I did was carry a pen and talk Packer football. I even found cheeseheads at the Nagano Olympics.

I live in the Sacramento area and there are several sport bars I can attend. One near my business got sued by the NFL for pulling Raider broadcasts during the perpetual blackouts. They made you by a reserved ticket in advance so you could get in. The ticket was then a credit toward what you purchased. Otherwise same day they had a half block line. Too bad it is gone. Any way one near my home has a Packer room and I keep meeting different Packer fans.
FYI
While the majority are 49'er fans showing up the next biggest group are Ram fans usually they once lived in LA. Then it is a close call between Packer fans and Cowboy fans and usually depends on the opponent. There is usually a couple of Chiefs fans one of whom became one when Montana went to KC. I don't like to drive too much after having some drinks so the place closest to me is called PLAYERS in Fair Oaks CA. Corner of Fair Oaks and Sunrise for those of you with Mapquest.

I have not been to Pack Pacific web site and I don't know if there is a club in my area. If it weren't for the internet I would have to call my relatives to hear what is going on.

My pet peave is people who don't care about preseason and then in October when there is an injury ask "who coming in now? I never heard of him. He can't be any good". They usually aren't Packer fans.

One line I tell everyone is that I have never met a sober Raiders fan.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Man, So many Packer Boards

CaliforniaCheez said:

hahaha...i know a few raiders fans that are really knowledgable about the game, but for the most part, damn is that the truth.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

arrowgargantuan said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

hahaha...i know a few raiders fan that really knowledgable about the game, but for the most part, damn is that the truth.

When they sober up they become Packer fans, then drunk Packer fans. Once you go Pack, you don't go back!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to sound predjudiced but....

Raider clothing is banned in several schools as gang clothing.

There is an extreme cultural difference between 49'er fans and Oakland. You don't want to have problems in Oakland at night.

God is giving Al Davis many chances and much time to repent. It is one of the greatest evidences of a merciful God. The gangsta image is not cool.

All their home games are blacked out. The last Monday night game they had before the Packers required NFL extension twice of deadline and a local businsess bought the final 2000 tickets and donated to charity for tax write off. I don't think they have had one since. Any of society's marginal humanoids can walk up and get tickets on game day.

Al's lawsuits and extraction of money from Oakland and Alameda county is incredible.

I'm a nice guy and it takes a lot for me to dislike some one. Al has earned it. The NFL prevailed against Al in his ascertion that he owned the rights to the Los Angeles area. Now a team can move there. Don't be suprised if Al tries to get LA to buy out is Oakland contract and attempt to move back.

But hey this is the Kampmann thread. If the Packers keep Kampmann then I would bet they release Hunt. This thing the Vikings did will likely make Hunt a casualty after 1 June. Perhaps a final cut of the year then they sign him to a small contract. They could threaten it for renegotiation. If Kampmann is kept it means Hunt is very likely to be cut.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt being cut is most likely also dependent on Jim Bates.
Bates specifically singled out Cletidus as he was doing Interviews and moving to GB.

Curious happenings start NEXT WEEKEND - You johnsonville brat fiends.... :twisted:
Are you ready for the NFL DRAFT 2005 --- ???

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CaliforniaCheez said:
Packer fans always find each other. When I was over for the Iraq war I carried a Packer pen and I met Packer fans in every workshop.
My command thought I had great diplomatic skills and were amazed at the cooperation and favors I could obtain. All I did was carry a pen and talk Packer football. I even found cheeseheads at the Nagano Olympics.
We have pretty much the same scenario over here.... Some "locally famous" people around Indy are Packerfans... Radio Announcers - Media types.. Although Colts frown on announcing it out loud...
CaliforniaCheez said:
Any way one near my home has a Packer room and I keep meeting different Packer fans.
Nice to see they'll decorate it all up - We have to gear up and then take down every weekend since Fox & Hound is a Corporate venue.... Lucky you!
CaliforniaCheez said:
I don't like to drive too much after having some drinks so the place closest to me is called PLAYERS in Fair Oaks CA. Corner of Fair Oaks and Sunrise for those of you with Mapquest.[/b]
CC - Do they have a web site? We can add it to our listings....

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if they have a web site. It really is just a bar with large screen T.V's and people keep turning them up. If you get out of the main large rectangular room it is better and that's why I like the Packer room. Informally Ram, Packer, and Cowboy fans rate a side room and everyone else is in the main area.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't get anything farther east than that, eh? Amazing!
Well, at least the Establishment has the ability to do it that way.
Around here? No one Hangout is THAT large... Not even BW3

SIDE NOTE ----
Our biggest crowd showing up was just over 160 at one time. (Out of -now- 400 Members)
It was for our 1ST EVER "BEARS STILL SUCK" TAILGATE PARTY
We took quite a few pics (at the IPB site) and announced our intention to work towards becoming a not-for-profit Charity Club. Next up is the Tax ID and the addition of Members who can be part of the Committee... Several are already assisting, but this year, we work to upgrade that process.... New web site, too!

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I invite everyone to check the stats of Hunt during his first few years of as a Packer when he played mostly defensive left end. He did quite well. The Packers asked him to gain some weight and play tackle because we needed a tackle. You'll might also remember that he played NT when Grady went down. It may not have been well but he didn't get pushed around too much. But, I've always thought that Hunt was a DE and not a tackle. I know the Packers might be taking a risk but why can't Hunt play power end? Maybe he can. Maybe he can't. If he can play that position, we have back-up or starter to replace Kampman and someone that can play any position on the defensive line temporarily, in case of injury. Is Hunt worth six zillion dollars? No but the Packer's should try to get their money's worth and give him lots of work, especially at power end in training camp. Let the Queens eat their offer sheet.

I know that half the Packer Nation would jump all me if they could hear me say this but Hunt just might work out at power end.

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
I invite everyone to check the stats of Hunt during his first few years of as a Packer when he played mostly defensive left end. He did quite well. The Packers asked him to gain some weight and play tackle because we needed a tackle. You'll might also remember that he played NT when Grady went down. It may not have been well but he didn't get pushed around too much. But, I've always thought that Hunt was a DE and not a tackle. I know the Packers might be taking a risk but why can't Hunt play power end? Maybe he can. Maybe he can't. If he can play that position, we have back-up or starter to replace Kampman and someone that can play any position on the defensive line temporarily, in case of injury. Is Hunt worth six zillion dollars? No but the Packer's should try to get their money's worth and give him lots of work, especially at power end in training camp. Let the Queens eat their offer sheet.

I know that half the Packer Nation would jump all me if they could hear me say this but Hunt just might work out at power end.

hunt cant play any position, he showed that very clearly in the last two season, pretty much since the day sheramn pulled the ***** and gave him all that money for no particular reason

no many packers fans will not jump on you, for believing in hunt, only the few that understand football. the rest just like beer and brats on sundays

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Hunt when he played DE and he did well. He's better a DE than a tackle. I know once people make up their minds about a player, they rarely change them but try. I hope the Packer's give Hunt a chance at DE.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:

i guess it's possible, but i doubt it. Grady definately needs to earn his keep, but i don't see him being quick enough on his feet for DE. at least not in the interest of a healthy pass rush.

and forgive LOREN, he shoots his mouth off like a know-it-all until we take him out back. this happens about every other day. :wink:

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya, he plays there well. Have him lose some weight. He's strong has a quick first step and he can run...may get him down to 290.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe in the wrong system??

I think our defensive line coaching will be improved. I was not impressed with the "one gap" defense because there wasn't depth to it. If the running back got through he got yards. Perhaps some of the disgruntled on the defensive side of the ball got disgruntled with the defensive scheme. Perhaps Hunt will shine in the new system. Perhaps he will show up in shape for training camp.

We can hope for the best every summer. Mr. Thompson is in to change things and it will take 2-3 years in time for perhaps for Brett's final year.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt is one of the if's. If Hunt comes to camp, in shape, and is ready to play some football, I think that could fill a need at DE. That's a big if and we still don't have a tackle...maybe. I'm anxious to see what Washington, Lee, Peterson, Jenkins and Williams will do under Bates.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CC,
To me the biggest IF is how the draft choices of the last few years turn out. If they don't, it will be a long season. If they do, we could have the makings of pretty good defense. We need a killer safety and Thomas Davis just might be the man.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. I haven't been right on first round draft pick since Mandarich.

Oh yeah and Buckley.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
Ain't that the truth. I haven't been right on first round draft pick since Mandarich.

Oh yeah and Buckley.
You're a LUCKY man.... Nice job!

(To be fair - the Mandarich signing was "supposed to be" the next great Player since - what - some of the legendary players in the 60's.... And, almost immediately we saw Tony Mandarich 'fold' like a paper suit. Heck, he was outta football practically overnight... right? I remember reading the write-ups on the guy - working out in the Gym like a madman, while listening to Guns & Roses... yakkin' about the high he would get during those workout sessions - a pump-high - which I guess was steroids, possibly....)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts