autographs and taxis

quicktrigga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey whats up Packer fans!! I went to my first game at lambeau last year and it was awesome!! How do you get autographs of players on gameday? we waited around afterward but with no luck Also, what is the cheapest/best taxi compnay to use when going from the airport to the hotel if shuttle service is not provided?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain on game day, but i would think the best thing to do would be to wait by the fenced in area where the players park their cars, and when they come out to go home call out to them and ask them to sign. I do that during training camp, and have had some good luck in the past.

OP
OP
Q

quicktrigga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah we did that and nobody came up to sign...I was a little disappointed but so were the other 3000 people who stood out there...oh well...what about before the game?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again......my expierience has been mostly at camp.........some of the guys will sign there. How long did you wait for them to come out?
One thing.........i for one make SURE to be VERY polite when i ask. I say "Mr. Green, could you please sign my helmet for me?" and that kind of attitude seems to work.
If as you stated, there were 3000 people waiting, thats probably why they didn't come over to sign. They don't want to be trapped for hours.

OP
OP
Q

quicktrigga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, you're right..I live in Nashville and people do that at Titans games...some sign, some don't....by the way what taxi companies are good for getting to/from airport? If you know or know of someone who knows, I would be most appreciative :) I would walk but not in December!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we went to Green Bay in November, we were at the fenced in gate and lots of players driving by stopped and signed our things, it was awesome..I was informed by someone that a player was sitting on a bench behind us, dont remember who it was, he looked young, he was on his cell phone so I went over to him and excused myself and asked him if I could sit by him so my hubby could take a picture, he said YES!!! Plus he signed an autograph for us as well..but we even got Bob Haran to stop, we talked to him for sometime and he signed as well..I thought for a minute he was Bate..LOL..but he thanked me for thinking it was him..Donald Driver was the nicest, he stopped and talked while signing..but mostly I just jumped out infront of a car and they stopped..LOL

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think taxis have fixed fares on Packer weekends so it shouldn't really matter which one you use. You can usually get a cab after the game outside Favre's restaurant.

OP
OP
Q

quicktrigga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if I am going to get autographs before the game, what is the best way to do it? Or is it better after the game?

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best way to get the visiting team's autos is to go to the Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton on the Saturday before the game. As for getting Packers players autos on game day, good luck... You are much better off going to Training Camp for that... You can wait by the gate, but that may be a losing battle.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the facination with players transfering ink to paper.

I can understand getting a photo or a handshake but why a signature??

Kids, I suppose, like to have some proof they met the person but why would anyone over age 16 want one?

I've never understood this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
I don't understand the facination with players transfering ink to paper.

I can understand getting a photo or a handshake but why a signature??

Kids, I suppose, like to have some proof they met the person but why would anyone over age 16 want one?

I've never understood this.

I DO understand it. I have two football cards framed with an 8x10 pic of Brett Favre and Bart Starr. The Starr card is personalized to me, and the Favre card i had him sign when he was coming off the practice field. Everytime i look at it, it brings back the memories of when i got to meet those men.
I have many pictures of Packers that i took, that i then had them sign. It makes them a one of a kind collectable and fun to look at and show my friends.
Back in the early 90's, i took a picture of Don Majkowski after practice. I just had him sign it back in March at Fan Fest. I think he got as much of a kick out of seeing that old photo as i did showing it to him. He said "Wow! Thats an old one! I've never seen this photo before!" So i told him the story of when i took it.
Some people collect salt and pepper shakers.........i like Packer autographs.

Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I think taxis have fixed fares on Packer weekends so it shouldn't really matter which one you use. You can usually get a cab after the game outside Favre's restaurant.

agreed,

another good way is to stroll down Lombardi, past Wendys on the right and the bar next door will order you a cab while you have a cold one !!

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go to Fuzzy's the night before the game, you'll be able to get HIS autograph.

I think players, at least in some cases, are instructed to not give autographs because the crowd can be a problem sometimes.

Reaction score
vegOmatic said:
Go to Fuzzy's the night before the game, you'll be able to get HIS autograph.

I think players, at least in some cases, are instructed to not give autographs because the crowd can be a problem sometimes.

and possibly lots of other legendary players.

Met Fuzzy last year and he signed my 63 jersey.

Members online

Latest posts