ATTN: Everybody root for Vikings here on out!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the Vikes helping us, wouldn't it be fun to see TJack or Joe Webb start and win every game they touched with 5 touchdowns and a QB rating of 115?

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've already had Vikes fans tell me "You should be nice to us for the rest of the season"; whatever...if the do happen to win a few and we make it to the playoffs, I can guarantee that "they" will try to take the credit.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've already had Vikes fans tell me "You should be nice to us for the rest of the season"; whatever...if the do happen to win a few and we make it to the playoffs, I can guarantee that "they" will try to take the credit.

LOL! So truuuueeeeeee

I can also see "You guys should be thanking us for picking up Favre for another season, so you can get your revenge."

Whatta buncha ******'s

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem rooting for the Vikes after they put TJack or Joe Webb in. The fans and team are now saying they are winning because they got rid of their coach. It couldn't possibly be their wrinkly old QB or their lazy team. And we all know the team just adores their old QB and play their hearts out for him so it must have been the coach. Oh really? Maybe not so much love with all that special treatment.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
has anyone mentioned them playing themselves out of a great spot in the draft?

I will openly cheer for them if they shut down favre for the year. But otherwise I dont want any help from that *sshole in making the playoffs.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find the Vikings theory they are "helping" us get to the playoffs to be mildly insulting to the hard work and effort put forth by this injury riddled team. I don't want to take anything away from the way our guys have turned around what might of been a season of doom. If they had folded and succumbed to those injuries way back in the beginning of the season, we wouldn't be talking playoffs right now. We don't need anybody's "help," I consider that more circumstantial than anything. The playoffs set themselves up this way every year and it almost always hinges on one or several teams winning or losing to "help" your team. The Packers are where they are because they absolutely deserve to be there. Where they go from here is up to them and yes, in part other teams winning or losing. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I don't want the Vikings or any other team undermining what the Packers have done this year. This may be my Packer Pride talking but so be it. I'm dang proud of these guys, Vikings can go screw themselves.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO @us cats trying to find ways to rationalize cheering for a Vikings win without causing irreparable damage to our minds.

It also causes irreparable damage to my head from banging it against the wall and tv set.:viksux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
has anyone mentioned them playing themselves out of a great spot in the draft?

I will openly cheer for them if they shut down favre for the year. But otherwise I dont want any help from that *sshole in making the playoffs.
They'll win just enough so that they're out of contention for a great QB.

And even if there is a great QB on the board, they'll probably pass on him, or trade down.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have to root for the Vikings at all. We need to root for the Jets and Patriots and take care of business ourselves.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll win just enough so that they're out of contention for a great QB.

And even if there is a great QB on the board, they'll probably pass on him, or trade down.

I'm somewhat ignorant on College football, but is the best they can hope for Ricky Stanzi? And if so... how's his potential?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm somewhat ignorant on College football, but is the best they can hope for Ricky Stanzi? And if so... how's his potential?
From everything I'm hearing, 1st round QBs are Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Ryan Mallet and Jacke Locker, in that order.

I just don't want the Vikings getting Andrew Luck. That kid scares the **** out of me. IMHO the best QB to come out of the draft in a long time.

He has the arm strenght to make all the throws, is incredibly poised, a true leader, has played in a pro-style offense, and is incredibly though and can run with the ball.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody can hate the Vikings more than I do.
I lived there from 2nd grade until 5 years ago.

I went to 5 Packers games in the Metrodome, and the Vikings won all 5, and that included 3 in a row from 1994-1996, in all 3 games we had the game won until some late ef-up.

I hate that stadium and their fans, well the fair-weathered ones.

But the Vikings are no factor for us this year. They are eliminated.

WE DEFINITELY are rooting for the Vikings to win any and all of their next 3 games, that's for damn sure.
Especially the 2 next, the Giants this week, and the Bears next week.
Both are home games. They better at least win 1 of them or I will really hate them.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From everything I'm hearing, 1st round QBs are Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Ryan Mallet and Jacke Locker, in that order.

I just don't want the Vikings getting Andrew Luck. That kid scares the **** out of me. IMHO the best QB to come out of the draft in a long time.

He has the arm strenght to make all the throws, is incredibly poised, a true leader, has played in a pro-style offense, and is incredibly though and can run with the ball.
I agree.... but it sounds like Luck will be the #1 overall pick so the Vikes will not get him.

Locker might be #1-overall worthy too.

I'd like to see the Vikings end up with Cam Newton because, well, he fits their past:

Warren Moon
Randall Cunningham
Spergynn Wynn
Daunte Culpepper
Tarvarris Jackson

I think Newton is a poor-man's version of Vince Young. Stats are one thing, but Vince was sensational..... he put the team on his back and beat a USC team that was professional. Pro linebackers, DBs, Reggie Bush, Leinart, Steve Smith & Dwayne Jarrett....

Ryan Mallett reminds me of Ryan Leaf, or more accurate: Dan McGwire, who at 6-8, was drafted before Favre in the 1991 draft.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.... but it sounds like Luck will be the #1 overall pick so the Vikes will not get him.

Locker might be #1-overall worthy too.

I'd like to see the Vikings end up with Cam Newton because, well, he fits their past:

Warren Moon
Randall Cunningham
Spergynn Wynn
Daunte Culpepper
Tarvarris Jackson

I think Newton is a poor-man's version of Vince Young. Stats are one thing, but Vince was sensational..... he put the team on his back and beat a USC team that was professional. Pro linebackers, DBs, Reggie Bush, Leinart, Steve Smith & Dwayne Jarrett....

Ryan Mallett reminds me of Ryan Leaf, or more accurate: Dan McGwire, who at 6-8, was drafted before Favre in the 1991 draft.
Newton carried his team on his back every week. That team is under .500 without him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts