Attitude

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the one area I think the Packers have been missing since 1998. I can recall that during the "special years" 1995 to 1998 the Packers played with attitude. Not the arrogant attitude but the devil may care attitude. Recievers would sell out. Defensive players would play with more heart than thier ability would suggest.

So in this draft I hope TT drafts attitude players. Not guys with bad attitudes mind you but stand up guys with a mean streak on a field. The Packers have missed a defensive general. Leroy Butler was that guy. Sharper was a glory hound that never got it. Butler was more a student of the game than a pure athlete. He would see what an offense was doing and adjust the defense to counteract it.

So I hope that the Pack gets some attitude back.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Nick Barnetts attitude, and Collins seems classy, yet intimidating.

I liked nicks samurai taunt after big tackles. It was funny, yet not humilating to the other guy. just a thing he does. kinda like the gravedigger.

Sharper had an attitude, but not the attitude ur speaking of.

I agree, we need to get some of these people in, hopefully they are some of the 'Packer people' TT and MM bring in.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to find players like that today. It's true, the Packers of the mid 90's EXPECTED to win. That attitude has been missing a long time. White, and Butler and Robinson had that attitude. Brown and Dotson did too. Thats why the D was so good.
The offense was like that too. Hopefully they can reclaim that attitude this year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Been saying this for awhile now too. I think the mindset a lot of players have is that they could be taunting someone who could be their teamate in the future and don't want to burn any bridges.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True zero but I think there is a differance between talking **** and bringing the wood out. I think any player could respect someone that played thier guts out and hit the **** out of people than someone who just talked **** for the sake of it.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your all right, we have no team leaders on defense. That is another reason this draft is important. We need to get a couple of leaders that will step up. As they get better others will join in. I would go for defensive players on the first 3 picks unless there an O player that is just too good to pass up.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats true TC but sometimes I am of the school of thought that with a dominant D-line you can make your LB's look good GB needs help on the right edge with run support KGB is not the answer as a every down DE good on pass mediocare against the run.

So as much as I would like to see hawk. a Good all around DE would be better

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya, Jb. I've been leaning towards Hawk for most of the season, but I could definitely see why the team would take a guy like Williams with the pick. The overall impact on the defenses performance could be better if Mario pans out into the elite DE many think he could be. A consistent pass rush from him would help the DBs, and like you mentioned he'd be an improvement on the run over KGB, who would now just be a guy that would come in and play on passing downs.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think jackson has that attitude but he needs help,in that department and i dont think they should worry about what team they may go to after all they are d-line they would not be playing against their own o-line i dont think sapp or any of the other decent players care and you need that type of attitude when you are traded.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we do need more of that attitude. On offense, Donald Driver has it, but Favre does not have it all the time, as he used to. On defense, players like Al Harris, Nick Barnett, and Aaron Kampman have plenty of attitude, and I think we'll see more of it from Nick Collins if he raises his level of play this year. Really, a lot of it has to do with having talent and being comfortable in the scheme, which leads increased confidence. I would love to see A.J. Hawk playing alongside Barnett next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts