Atlanta Falcons fly into Lambeau 12/9

H

HardRightEdge

honest... not so serious question... Can a phoenix be plural?.... I’m no mythology expert... but was/ were there more than one?;)
Since they are mythological beasts I suppose you can imagine as many as you like. :tup: According to the dictionay, Kyle Fraughton is correct with his plurals. I understand he was originally from Regina, Saskatchewan so you can understand how he'd be hyper-sensitive to such matters. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a bit of a shock at seeing our Packers be this bad and not making the playoffs.
Some fans will come up with crazy excuses and conspiracy theories.
For myself, I like to believe they did it to save the world.
An alien race kidnapped Aaron and told him they would destroy the world if he didn't play badly this year.
So if you ever see him, be sure to thank him for saving your life.

You remember when when they asked all those athletes if you could take a drug that would make you the best but would kill you in a year and almost all said they would take it? Well...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of me thinks his THROWAWAYS are due to McCarthy's plays. I think it could be a "you called this play and I'm not taking a risky throw and bailing you out to make your play call look good, I'll throw it away" but other than that, making bad throws or losing on purpose, absolutely not. This season had to happen to get rid of McCarthy, it was time. But Packers with the 4 wins, could easily be 3-5 more wins and McCarthy is still the coach. (Patriots, Rams, Seahawks, Vikings x2, Cardinals) And now we have another season of questioning MM play calls and his relationship with Rodgers and now Rodgers is 36 and another year wasted.

I sure hope not. I don't care how stupid you think the play call is you are a professional QB. You try to make the damn throws. To have the attitude you described is unforgivable as an athlete. Its OK to disagree with a call but you don't intentionally screw up just because you are pouting about it.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one was probably even thinking it until he brought it up.
"Thanks dad!"

In any case, I should be thankful they rejected my name suggestion: The *****cats.
What?
Don't look at me lick, I mean, like that!

They are teenagers...trust me they thought about it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the Falcons put up 40 on us? Are we still going to give Pettine a pass? or just call for a clean house and revamp the entire coaching staff including DC. I like what Pettine has done but I think if the new guy wants his own DC then let him bring his own DC.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope not. I don't care how stupid you think the play call is you are a professional QB. You try to make the damn throws. To have the attitude you described is unforgivable as an athlete. Its OK to disagree with a call but you don't intentionally screw up just because you are pouting about it.

I hope I am wrong, just throwing out some thoughts after listening to Jeff Saturday talk about his year with the Packers and the eyerolling, passive aggressiveness in the huddle during the play calls. And now he only has 1 WR he really trusts. So I wouldn't go as far as ******** up on purpose as much as it is, "I am not going to risk this throw to a WR I don't trust" Because it honestly looks like he looks at Adams and if he is covered, it is a quick scan of the field and throwaway.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What if the Falcons put up 40 on us? Are we still going to give Pettine a pass? or just call for a clean house and revamp the entire coaching staff including DC. I like what Pettine has done but I think if the new guy wants his own DC then let him bring his own DC.
Depends.. How many are starters and how many were just signed.?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends.. How many are starters and how many were just signed.?

The main reason I’m willing to give him a pass. The Packers have at least 4 guys who start on defense that should really be backups at the least. Ted Thompson filled the roster with some average football players on that side of the ball.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what I see out of Pettine so far though I would rather he was on the sidelines. I was surprised he did not bring some of his own staff but hopefully he does have people in mind. So I hope he stays. But I would like to see the new HC get rid of all our offensive;) coaches. But maybe keep Philbin. I am really unsure about Philbin. Don't think I want him as HC though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of the power structure in GB the way it stands right now but I do get it. Murphy wants control of the top dogs, those being GM and HC (with input from the GM). I guess I would like the GM to have control over the HC but it doesn't sound like Murphy is going to force anyone on Gute so as long as both agree then I guess there is not much difference.

I also like what Pettine has done and I would prefer that the new head coach would come in and decide to keep him on but I agree with you that the HC should have control over his staff. These are the guys he has to work with on a daily basis and he has to know them and trust them that they are buying into his ideas. On the other hand if he doesn't I would hate to see Gute or Murphy force a new coach to keep him on if the new coach doesn't like him or thinks he has someone better in mind.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would Rodgers tank the season just to get McCarthy fired? When it’s his legacy he’s playing for? Come one man, seriously smh

here is one thought...perhaps his "legacy" might be tarnished by this dismal performance in the beginning of the season after a mega contract so he continues to perform and try to put blame on someone else? owners just paid him handsomely so they are embarrassed right now; they won't put any blame on rod, that's for sure. just a thought. LOL

anyway most are curious to see how he plays this sunday without mm against a team that has the same record. then again they are not playing for anything so probably a moot point.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers throws for 400 yards and 3 TDS, I think we can say its a reality that he purposely tanked the season to get Mike out. Especially if he hustles to the LOS in the 2 minute drill.

I think there was some subconscious sabotage going on. Those TWO 5-yard passes in the dirt the last few weeks. Who does that? Not even Jay Cutler, Brett Hundley, or Nathan Peterman would miss those throws.

Also, Kevin King is officially a bust.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there was some subconscious sabotage going on. Those TWO 5-yard passes in the dirt the last few weeks. Who does that? Not even Jay Cutler, Brett Hundley, or Nathan Peterman would miss those throws.

He's consistent i'd say. We'll be going DB again this draft.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would like to keep him in place as DC, but I would love for him to rebuild his staff. Trim the fat from the staff, and hand select coaches that would be optimal in making this defense great. I’m sure he has a few guys in mind, he’s been around the league for a while now.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really thought the corner position would be our strong point on defense. I will never ever ever have faith Ling will ever stay healthy. My only hope is Jackson and Alexander both are fixtures at corner and both turn into absolute studs. Alexander is already well on his way. King will be gone after he does his 4 yr stint.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really thought the corner position would be our strong point on defense. I will never ever ever have faith Ling will ever stay healthy. My only hope is Jackson and Alexander both are fixtures at corner and both turn into absolute studs. Alexander is already well on his way. King will be gone after he does his 4 yr stint.
They would be, IF they could stay healthy. When we had King, Alexander, Jackson and Tramon on the field, they looked dang good. Then Tramon got moved to safety, Jackson got bumped up the chart, King is on IR again, Breeland is out and we're going to battle with 2 rookies who are good and will get better and a bunch of who is that? That will be different again this week. But according to some in here, a guy signed yesterday should be able to integrate and lock down a position on defense in week 14 of the NFL season. I happen to think it makes them look worse than they are.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was arguably one of the fastest scoring possessions we've had.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts