Atlanta defense

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta's defense gave up 4.6 yds/rush and 6.9 yds/pass

Both of these exceeds what their own offense produced.

Their outstanding defensive stat is +/- at +14, which includes 22 interceptions.

I think we can run on their defense if the o-line shows up.

I know we can pass on their defense.

If we don't turn the ball over, we win the game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, if, like you said, we don't turn the ball over, we win this game.

I'm just not sure we can do it, that we can go through a whole game without fumbles, drops, dropped ints, ST mistakes and penalties.

INTs, Rodgers doesn't throw them. It's kind of amazing, he's the first guy I've seen that I'm more worried when the ball is in the receivers' hands than when he's passing.

He does fumble a bit, though.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a couple of drops yesterday on both sides of the ball, with Jones, Jennings, on offense; and Tramon had an interception in his hands earlier in the game.

I really think our offense is better than their defense and our defense is better than their offense.

I like our chances Sat. night if we're as focused as we've been lately.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We played them pretty well last time and damn near beat them in their house. I think this time, being able to draw on that previous experience, we can get it done.

But, dammitt, no more close games. Good for ratings. Not good for my nerves!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers only play as intense as their opponents, and they need to stop, and just focus on themselves.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons and the Eagles are two very different birds. We can't use the same game plan we used against the Eagles and expect to beat them. The Falcons have a decent D, far superior to the Eagles who in themselves had a decent D when it decides to show up. Running the ball against the Falcons is going to hard but I have found faith in Starks. We are going to need to pass a lot more, I'm not sure how good their pass rush is. As someone stated before, no dropped passes. We cannot afford them in this game. Especially ones that are sure to result in a TD. I trust our offense. Aaron is hitting his stride and we have an extremely competent receiving corps. I think the Falcons and Packers are very well matched. It's going to a very close game. I have all the faith in the world in the Packers D, but that is for the Falcons to worry about. :)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
We played them pretty well last time and damn near beat them in their house. I think this time, being able to draw on that previous experience, we can get it done.

But, dammitt, no more close games. Good for ratings. Not good for my nerves!

I'm with gmann001.... AGREE!!

I can't take anymore close games.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta's defense was slightly worse in pass defense, slightly better in run defense than Philly's. They're about the same except for one thing. The difference is in the turnovers they accumulated.

We win if we don't turn the ball over.

Matty Ice 2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcon fan here. Your team is good and I enjoyed the game yesterday, but I think it will be another close game. Our defense has gotten way better since the last time the falcons faced the packers. I know your offense and defesne is better too. I still say starks has to have a good game because if he doesn't then the falcons will not have to drop 8 and the pass rush can tee off of Rodgers. I think a well rested and healthy team will be the advantage but none the less it will be a good game. Good Luck.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with gmann001.... AGREE!!

I can't take anymore close games.
I'm on that boat too.

Fire Mike if that continues.
It's almost as if he's ashamed at the Pack being a dominant team.
Have them be lights out elite. C'mon man!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers Defense needs to break the "Matty Ice" (gay to say, but damn near for real) with a good scheme from Capers. They have a great o-line. They pass protect and run block very well.

I hope Capers and the Defense can work some more magic!

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the game comes down to how well the Packers handle the football. If it is the team that drops passes and fumbles, then ATL wins. If it is the team that takes care of the ball and makes the routine catches, then I think GB wins the game.
I agree, Aaronqb, especially with what you mentioned in that last sentence. I don't expect a blow out by either team and as you stated, we can't put the ball on the ground, have costly penalties, make bad decisions which I trust Aaron will not do and just MAKE the routine catches to keep the chains moving. This is a game played indoors having no effect with the flight of the ball on field goal attempts, so if we can't get 7, but are within range, we have to put up 3 on EVERY opportunity and not squander a drive in their territory. Put pressure on their defense by continuing to put up points and place the game in the hands of Capers and our defense. Tough game ahead, but I just think we are a tougher better team.

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the game comes down to how well the Packers handle the football. If it is the team that drops passes and fumbles, then ATL wins. If it is the team that takes care of the ball and makes the routine catches, then I think GB wins the game.
I agree, Aaronqb, especially with what you mentioned in that last sentence. I don't expect a blow out by either team and as you stated, we can't put the ball on the ground, have costly penalties, make bad decisions which I trust Aaron will not do and just MAKE the routine catches to keep the chains moving. This is a game played indoors having no effect with the flight of the ball on field goal attempts, so if we can't get 7, but are within range, we have to put up 3 on EVERY opportunity and not squander a drive in their territory. Put pressure on their defense by continuing to put up points and place the game in the hands of Capers and our defense. Tough game ahead, but I just think we are a tougher better team.

Members online

Latest posts