1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Atheism

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Lynch, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You keep bringing up "radioactive dating" as if thats your "god". ALL of those dating types take LOTS of assumptions to believe. You talk of "half lifes". Try this..........take an inch on a ruler, divide it in half. You get a half inch, right? Now keep dividing it in half. How far can you go back before the measurement can't be realisticly measured? Not too many times, right? Yet you are trying to tell me that this measuring can be accurate to "millions of years". Because I can't PROVE it's a bunch of BS, you trust that measuring. But YOU can't prove in ANY way that it's accurate to even a thousand years. Yet you BLINDLY trust it. Why? Because you don't want to believe in a creator. Again, why? Because then you would have to answer for your selfish self centered attitude. And of course you don't want to face that possibility.
    Like i said, you have to assume ALOT to trust any of those proven inaccurate dating systems. If you walk into a room and see a candle burning, you can measure how long the candle is, and watch it to see how long it takes to burn down. Then you can make a mathamatical guess on how long it should take to burn down to nothing. Now you can reverse that calculation to guess how big the candle was say, 24 hours before you walked into the room. But you have to ASSUME that the candle was burning at the same speed PRIOR to you actually seeing it and measuring it. But what if the oxygen in the room was lower before you opened the door to walk into the room? The candle would have burned alot slower, right? And no matter WHAT you try, there is no way to know how long the candle was before it was lit, or WHEN it was lit.
    But we are suppossed to believe the guessing that some "scientists" try to put forth as "fact". Even though i can do just as well as them by pure guessing, with no fancy dating system.
    You blindly believe what you were taught in school. Even though there is no proof that what they told you was in fact true.
    I on the other hand, have looked at all kinds of "proof" evolutionists have shown (some of which i have shown in this very thread as being untrue, or unprovable) over many years. Yet not ONCE have i seen any proof that can't be explained away quite easily.
    But you go ahead, keep trusting in the writtings of people that want to take people with them to hell. Me, i'll put my trust in "that long haired dude on the cross." HE has shown Himself to be real to me. He would to you too, if you would open your mind up long enough to give Him a chance. But evolution demands that you have a closed mind, or it doesn't work.

I noticed you didn't answer any of my questions, or show any proof of the statements i have made elsewhere in this thread are false. You just keep attacking God, as if thats going to upset me. I feel sorry for you.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sex outside ot marriage IS a sin. It's a selfish, self centered thing. Just like your enjoyment of the "sport" of stealing.
    Mankind brought the suffering on themselves, NOT God. God does not like the fact that we as humans choose to steal, murder, and do all kinds of horrible things. If you ever have a child someday, you will understand that no matter how hard you try to keep your child from doing wrong things, they will do them anyway. Same thing with our Heavenly Father. He tells us what to do and what NOT to do. We then make our own choice........and in the end, will reap the good or bad for our choices.
    You think choosing to not have sex before marriage is "torture?" You must have a VERY low threshold of pain. Or are so self centered that all you care about is self pleasure.
    And, you admit you are a sinner. You have admitted you have broke "most of those things that the priests and that the bible call a sin and nothing have happen me." Maybe you haven't had to pay for what you have done.........yet. Someday, you will. Criminals in prison usually have committed alot of crimes before they get caught and have to pay for it. I bet they said the same thing you did.......BEFORE they had to pay for it.
    God WILL forgive you, but that doesn't give you a license to sin. If you go to God and say "Forgive me of my sins" JUST so you can go out and sin more and you think you are fooling Him, believe me, He KNOWS whats in your heart. You can't fool Him.
    Oh........and EVERYONE dies. NO ONE will escape death on this earth. Again, that was caused by man's disobedience to God. He didn't want it that way. Do you think He takes pleasure in good people dying? Or some doing evil things in "God's name?" No...He doesn't. But he is a JUST God, and those that do those things will someday pay for their crimes.

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    well, i for one am totally convinced that everybody on their respective sides is convinced.

this thread has run it's course a few times over and the regular season is here.

lets keep religion and politics off these forums, again.

4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    10 pages before it got locked... not too bad. I purposely avoided this topic and have no idea what was said in here, and am very surprised it made it this long. Hopefully there was some good discussion before it crossed the line. Thanks for following it Arrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.