Atari Bigby - will he be starting?

Reaction score
Did we draft bigby?

No.

According to Packers.com, Bigby was signed as a non-drafted free agent in 2005 by the Dolphins and was cut soon after.

He was then signed by the Jets, and was subsequently cut as part of the final round of cuts the team made in 2005.

He was signed by the Packers in 2006, then cut and signed to their practice squad afterwards. He was called up around halfway point of last year, playing in like 5 games before getting injured.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigby sure looked good. He has a real attitude on the field. I LIKE that! The "killer instinct!"
I think he needs to upgrade though..........change his name to "Playstation 3" Bigby! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'd like to see Bigby win the job. Even though it's just been in training camp and 1 preseason game, he's showing that he might be a bit of a big play guy. If we had Manuel making no big plays, but being absolutely safe and reliable, fine. But the Manuel back there doesn't make big plays, and gives up big plays to the opposition. Give me the guy who can make the big play for us.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammit!!! I haven't seen but a few highlights of the Packers so far, living down here and all. I'm getting excited to see some of these new guys perform. I'm liking what I hear about Bigby and Jones so far.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three things to say about Bigby:

1. He's Jamaican-born. Already the coolest guy on the team.

2. He will be the starter by week 4, and that's being downright generous towards Manuel. Save this post, and look at it in week 4, you'll be all like "dang! That AC/DC lovin Packerfan was DEAD ON. dang."

3. I can't stop watching his 2 sacks on my TiVo. I laugh harder every time I rewind it. He brings me much joy.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

2. He will be the starter by week 4, and that's being downright generous towards Manuel. Save this post, and look at it in week 4, you'll be all like "dang! That AC/DC lovin Packerfan was DEAD ON. dang."

3. I can't stop watching his 2 sacks on my TiVo. I laugh harder every time I rewind it. He brings me much joy.

I'll one up you, my friend.

He'll be starter by week 2.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I'll one up you, my friend.

He'll be starter by week 2.

I'll one up you, my ZombieSlayah!!

He, Atari Bigby will be starting Week One of the 2007 NFL Regular Season.

Reaction score

I'll one up you zero!

He'll be starting this week against the Jags.

(Er, now would probably be a good time to mention that after practice yesterday, Coach McCarthy said Bigby would be starting against the Jags but Manuel would also see some time with the 1s.)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I'll one up you zero!

He'll be starting this week against the Jags.

(Er, now would probably be a good time to mention that after practice yesterday, Coach McCarthy said Bigby would be starting against the Jags but Manuel would also see some time with the 1s.)

Umm, that's not one upping anyone. Nice, wait I can't lie, that's a weak try there bro ;)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what is it about Green Bay that attracts Defensive Backs with dreadlocks.

dont get me wrong i love the Predator just as much as the next guy... but weve had quite a few back there... seems a bit odd.

someone talk to C-wood and Collins about getting some extensions.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll one up all of you - I called Bigby's assention in late January as well as Bush's potential to grab the nickel spot in my positional review series.

I point this out only because I heard a number of scoffs and dismissals at the time and again in early July when I wrote the camp battle article

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Must hurt reaching back so often to pat your own back... :shrug:

Regardless, good call. You know your Safeties. (Manuel, Bigby)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll one up all of you - I called Bigby's assention in late January as well as Bush's potential to grab the nickel spot in my positional review series.

I point this out only because I heard a number of scoffs and dismissals at the time and again in early July when I wrote the camp battle article

I want to acknowledge Bruce here because he is very good at talent evaluation.

I also remember you claiming Manuel as a lame acquisition who was no more than a backup safety. I, for one, did not want to believe it but I certainly do now.

You have made some great calls Bruce. Good job.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:

I want to acknowledge Bruce here because he is very good at talent evaluation.

I also remember you claiming Manuel as a lame acquisition who was no more than a backup safety. I, for one, did not want to believe it but I certainly do now.

You have made some great calls Bruce. Good job.

Defintely. Some of his articles should have been on the front page of this PF.com site for sure.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok everyone, there is no one-upping to be done. I clearly said that The Human Gamestation would be starting by week one. :chalflag: Whether he actually starts before that day is irrelevant to the prediction.
:rotflmao:

But really, props to the Bruce. :packbeer:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to add my two cents for Bruce. I appreciated those off season articles, and would've liked them even if they hadn't turned out to be dead-on in their assessment of the players. They were more well thought-out than anything I read in the mainstream media.

Members online

Latest posts