at what pick, if any, would you consider Jeffery Simmons...

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the Packers have too many pressing needs to use their highest pick in 10 years on a player possibly not contributing during his rookie season.

For the most part I agree and I would be a bit disappointed but I wouldn't be totally upset about it. I doubt it would happen but I'd rather see if maybe he drops into the mid 20's and we could trade up from #30. I'd prefer that #12 pick be a day 1 starter. I also wouldn't mind trading down from 12 to get him either because whatever we gain could be used so help replace the lost year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id take him at 30. I may trade back from 12 to about 24ish to take him. I think he is a top 7ish player in this draft. No telling his value with the injury though without a detailed injury report.

His impact is worth the risk.
Revising my post. I would love to have Simmons on the team. If I cant find a trade back of 5 or 6 spots (or if I thought someone else would take him), I would take him at 12.

I know we lose a rookie year, but we didnt get a lot out of Clark as a rookie either and I dont think anyone would complain about that pick.

Yes it's a much higher pick, but Simmons is a better player coming out with higher upside. All indications are he is a relentlessly hard worker. I expect him to be a very impactful player during his career.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can get behind that, and like someone else said, having that 2nd 1st rounder makes it more palatable. If that was our only 1st rounder, it might make more sense to see who can help this year at 12.

Members online

Latest posts