At least the Giants beat the Packers easily

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of this playoff run for both teams is deja vu. Pats in the divisonal round got a team even crappier then the 2007 Jags in the Broncos. And like in the title game Brady threw picks like he did vs. SD in 2007.

I just think the Giants have had a tougher road then the Pats. Just watch out for the refs.

I would also advise Pats fans wearing Pats gear going to Indiana to be careful. It's a pro Manning crowd and not all Colts are in a good mood after this season.
disagree a bit the o7 jags were a physical team who could run the ball they played the pats well...much different and harder matchup then the broncos imo.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
disagree a bit the o7 jags were a physical team who could run the ball they played the pats well...much different and harder matchup then the broncos imo.

Well I think anyone is tougher then the Broncos this year. But, honestly the 2007 Jags were a good team but the pass rush was terrible. That was the game Brady has the perfect game in I believe.

I am not saying the Pats can't win this SB. I just think the revenge tour thing they talk about in the media is funny. They were never winning a title in 2009. And the teams are soooo different then 2007 too.

I am getting a bit excited. My Manning homerism is starting to come back again. I hate to say it but Eli IS tougher then Peyton. No way in *** do Peyton and Brady take a physical beating like this and keep jumping back up without asking for flags.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching how tough it was to beat the 49ers, a team with a lower seed than the Packers, I am now convinced that the reason, and the only reason, why the Giants won was because the Packers beat themselves.
I take back all credit I previously gave to the Giants and I was wrong that they outplayed the Packers.
The Packers lost because of the death of Philbin's son. That got in the way of preparation and into their heads too much.
It was just too big of a reality check that the Packers could handle.
So the Giants just won on plain dumb luck. 1st against the Pack and now against the 49ers on two kick turnovers.
Giants are lucky and nothing else.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think anyone is tougher then the Broncos this year. But, honestly the 2007 Jags were a good team but the pass rush was terrible. That was the game Brady has the perfect game in I believe.

I am not saying the Pats can't win this SB. I just think the revenge tour thing they talk about in the media is funny. They were never winning a title in 2009. And the teams are soooo different then 2007 too.

I am getting a bit excited. My Manning homerism is starting to come back again. I hate to say it but Eli IS tougher then Peyton. No way in *** do Peyton and Brady take a physical beating like this and keep jumping back up without asking for flags.
agreed..i mean peyton are hall of famers and Eli is not...and Eli is not what they are but he is better than his brother late in the game and is a flat out winner...the media in NY he has dealt with and how tough he is mentally and physically is on the level of anyone all time imo.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching how tough it was to beat the 49ers, a team with a lower seed than the Packers, I am now convinced that the reason, and the only reason, why the Giants won was because the Packers beat themselves.
I take back all credit I previously gave to the Giants and I was wrong that they outplayed the Packers.
The Packers lost because of the death of Philbin's son. That got in the way of preparation and into their heads too much.
So the Giants just won on plain dumb luck. 1st against the Pack and now against the 49ers on two kick turnovers.
lmao...sour grapes...the refs gave the pack 14pts in that game or that score would of been worse...just deal with it man the packers ran into the wrong team at the wrong time...both the niners and the giants are far more physical than the packers.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
agreed..i mean peyton are hall of famers and Eli is not...and Eli is not what they are but he is better than his brother late in the game and is a flat out winner...the media in NY he has dealt with and how tough he is mentally and physically is on the level of anyone all time imo.

The difference between 2007 Eli and 2011 Eli is how much better he has become. The Giants D is still around the same to me pass rush wise but Eli is more dangerous.

Hey Peyton has said before Eli is better. I don't think he cares if people say it. They flat out paraded the numbers for Eli and Peyton in the playoffs and records late in the game tonight. It's already starting. Brady and Manning will never end. Just now it's the other Manning.

Brady though? He has a dislocated left shoulder I hear. Just like 2007 and his foot. It's always something.

I hate injury excuses. HATE THEM. Rub some dirt on it. Unitas would barf all over the place with how soft the game has become and would have been proud tonight.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference between 2007 Eli and 2011 Eli is how much better he has become. The Giants D is still around the same to me pass rush wise but Eli is more dangerous.

Hey Peyton has said before Eli is better. I don't think he cares if people say it. They flat out paraded the numbers for Eli and Peyton in the playoffs and records late in the game tonight. It's already starting. Brady and Manning will never end. Just now it's the other Manning.

Brady though? He has a dislocated left shoulder I hear. Just like 2007 and his foot. It's always something.

I hate injury excuses. HATE THEM. Rub some dirt on it. Unitas would barf all over the place with how soft the game has become and would have been proud tonight.
eli number 1 in NFL history in road playoff wins

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
lmao...sour grapes...the refs gave the pack 14pts in that game or that score would of been worse...just deal with it man the packers ran into the wrong team at the wrong time...both the niners and the giants are far more physical than the packers.

Packers need to toughen up. The talent is there. The toughness left. If they get more physical they will be fine.

Tonights game gave me chills with how rough it was. I loved it!!!!!!!

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to toughen up. The talent is there. The toughness left. If they get more physical they will be fine.

Tonights game gave me chills with how rough it was. I loved it!!!!!!!
id be full of it if I said I saw this coming from the giants..they got hot at the rite time again..they are as talented as anyone in the NFL..that includes the packers and the pats...they are the most balanced team rite now on both sides of the ball...I like their chances against the pats but it will be tough..either way im happy with this run by the giants.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You know who sucks? The Saints defense. They made Alex Smith look like......Drew Brees.

Blessing for the Giants not to go to NO.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who sucks? The Saints defense. They made Alex Smith look like......Drew Brees.

Blessing for the Giants not to go to NO.
agreed didnt want the saints..other then 2 big plays from vernon davis the giants mad smith look like the old alex..they also stopped the run...big blue is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Honestly the Giants punched the Pack in the mouth. I am not even sure watching tonight the Packers O could handle the Niners D.

I think the Pats are luckier then the Giants. The Giants might have had some breaks to get in the playoffs with the Cowboys blowing it so many times but the Packers last year had breaks too to also get in.

Just have to get hot when it matters. The Packers are so freaking talented. Just fell apart a little and need to toughen up. The 2004/2005 Colts impersonation is not going to win a title.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly the Giants punched the Pack in the mouth. I am not even sure watching tonight the Packers O could handle the Niners D.

I think the Pats are luckier then the Giants. The Giants might have had some breaks to get in the playoffs with the Cowboys blowing it so many times but the Packers last year had breaks too to also get in.

Just have to get hot when it matters. The Packers are so freaking talented. Just fell apart a little and need to toughen up. The 2004/2005 Colts impersonation is not going to win a title.
giants made their own breaks..they beat the jets and then dallas in basicallt playoff game just to get in..this team earned it.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
giants made their own breaks..they beat the jets and then dallas in basicallt playoff game just to get in..this team earned it.

I just joined the Giants forum. I might want to talk about the game since well it's my home SB and all lol. I don't want to bug too many on this forum either.

atthegates97

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dallas could have easily just beaten philly when the giants lost to the skins. would have ended this all right then and there.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dallas could have easily just beaten philly when the giants lost to the skins. would have ended this all right then and there.
even if dallas beat philly the giant cowboy game the last game would have been for the division...the giants had the tie-breaker

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I almost feel like Rex woke up the Giants. With all the trash talking he did and covering the Giants SB titles at the stadium it's like he got them in hardcore F U mode.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as the giants beat the jets..which they did it didnt matter what dallas did against philly

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost feel like Rex woke up the Giants. With all the trash talking he did and covering the Giants SB titles at the stadium it's like he got them in hardcore F U mode.
the turning point imo was in the jets game when tuck came alive again...he was playing hurt all year...once he got back and along with osi it allowed the giants to play man in the secondary and get to the QB without blitzing,,it changed their whole season..they have been a different team since.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just joined the Giants forum. I might want to talk about the game since well it's my home SB and all lol. I don't want to bug too many on this forum either.
I can't write for everybody but just for myself.
You've never bugged me.

Frankly, I might be interested in reading your experiences if you have any of the SB week going on in Indy.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He makes me want to go out and drink that soft drink from that ad he's in.
He is quite influential.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll admit that I am feeling very bitter towards the Giants.
Yeah, each and every single game is apples to oranges however the way they beat the Pack they should have beaten the 49ers even easier.
The Giants got those two super lucky breaks on the kicking turnovers.
If they hadn't gotten either one they would have probably lost the game.

I predict the Pats to win if they don't turn the ball over once.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'll admit that I am feeling very bitter towards the Giants.
However the way they beat the Pack they should have beaten the 49ers even easier.
Yeah, each and every single game is apples to oranges but the Giants got those two super lucky breaks on the kicking turnovers.
If they hadn't gotten either one they would have probably lost the game.

I predict the Pats to win if they don't turn the ball over once.

You are calling the Giants lucky. BUT, have you watched the Pats this year? And in the playoffs? First round. Tebow. That is all.

Second round. I don't even need to get into this again or my head might explode. I am still disgusted.

The Giants had a much tougher road.

Of course the Pats could win. Brady won't be perfect though. I guarantee it. Eli has the advantage here facing a worse D. And of course he is Eli "go ahead and pound my *** if you want to and I'll keep getting up" Manning.

No way Brady can take the beating Eli took tonight. No way. Not with that shoulder. Not even Peyton could take this beating.

I think Rodgers could but his D sucks too bad so whatever.

Buc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to sit through the Packers losing like the Ravens did today I think I might leave the country for a month or something and find a deserted island.

OMG. What a haunting way to see your season end. I feel so badly for them.
I agree. Terrible way to lose a game. I feel so sorry for them.

F the Pats. I hope the Giants kick their ***.

Members online

Latest posts