Assuming Green Bay made it to this year's SB..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you think the outcome would have been against the Patriots? Green Bay vs New England was my pre-season SB picks, and how I wish that was the case! Instead we have to settle for a rematch between two teams that will still be fun to watch, just not as fun.

I think a Packers vs. Patriots showdown would have been much more balanced with two high powered offense and two struggling defenses. I would have given the Packers a 3 point edge in a close, high scoring game.. 30-27.

I think the Giants will win this game, simply because they are far more balanced than NE is and outclass them in every area except for TE which the Patriots have. Brady outclasses Eli just barely as of right now, but I will take Eli and the Giants for a second win against the Pats.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing the score would've been 77-75 Packers, considering the 2 awful defenses. I think the Packers would've had the edge because they have a better WR corps than the Patriots do, but Brady and Gronk would've had a career day.

Also, imagine dealing with the troll Patriots fans who would've invaded this board. Would've been hell.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have 2 great TEs and we have some LBs who are great at watching TEs have big games against us.

Bad match up for us. It would have been close.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Not worth thinking about cause it wasn't possible.

New England made adjustments to their horrible defense going into the post season, Green Bay did not...

Just look at them as an example of a "what could have been" if the Packers all of sudden started playing better defense in the post season. New England got pressure in both games and shut down Baltimore's running game forcing them to throw all day long. GB on the other hand did absolutely n-o-t-h-i-n-g to prepare defensively for a team they barely beat a few weeks previous. And people still talk about how great this defense was and don't deserve to be thrown under the bus for doing nothing to stop the other team all year long rofl.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
We would have lost. Even if our receivers caught the ball more than they did in the Divisional Game.

Bishop, Hawk and our Safeties would look like idiots trying to stop Gronkowski and Hernandez. Williams would have likely been owned with consistency against Welker.

Our defense would get absolutely no pressure on Brady's O-line which would dominate us up front and with Brady having all day to throw he would pick apart our zone coverage. Hell he'd probably pick it apart even if we could generate some pressure.

Brady would be able to score with Rodgers and in all likelihood would score more than Rodgers seeing as the Patriots actually play defense. They might be ranked 31st but they don't play like it. Our defense is ranked 32nd and they play like it

It's making me sick even thinking about it.

Members online

Latest posts