1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Assuming Green Bay made it to this year's SB..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Brandon, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Jan 5, 2012
    What do you think the outcome would have been against the Patriots? Green Bay vs New England was my pre-season SB picks, and how I wish that was the case! Instead we have to settle for a rematch between two teams that will still be fun to watch, just not as fun.

I think a Packers vs. Patriots showdown would have been much more balanced with two high powered offense and two struggling defenses. I would have given the Packers a 3 point edge in a close, high scoring game.. 30-27.

I think the Giants will win this game, simply because they are far more balanced than NE is and outclass them in every area except for TE which the Patriots have. Brady outclasses Eli just barely as of right now, but I will take Eli and the Giants for a second win against the Pats.
  2. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Jan 31, 2011
    I'm guessing the score would've been 77-75 Packers, considering the 2 awful defenses. I think the Packers would've had the edge because they have a better WR corps than the Patriots do, but Brady and Gronk would've had a career day.

Also, imagine dealing with the troll Patriots fans who would've invaded this board. Would've been hell.
  3. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Sep 27, 2010
    They have 2 great TEs and we have some LBs who are great at watching TEs have big games against us.

Bad match up for us. It would have been close.
  4. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Jul 26, 2011
    I try not to think about what should have been. It makes me want to puke:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Jan 19, 2011
    It would've been close. But since we're a dome team now I give us the edge.
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Dec 27, 2009
    Packer vs Patriots.
    Or as we could have called it: The PP Bowl.
    (Runs and ducks for cover.)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Jan 26, 2011
    Not worth thinking about cause it wasn't possible.

New England made adjustments to their horrible defense going into the post season, Green Bay did not...

Just look at them as an example of a "what could have been" if the Packers all of sudden started playing better defense in the post season. New England got pressure in both games and shut down Baltimore's running game forcing them to throw all day long. GB on the other hand did absolutely n-o-t-h-i-n-g to prepare defensively for a team they barely beat a few weeks previous. And people still talk about how great this defense was and don't deserve to be thrown under the bus for doing nothing to stop the other team all year long rofl.
  8. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Sep 8, 2011
    We would have lost. Even if our receivers caught the ball more than they did in the Divisional Game.

Bishop, Hawk and our Safeties would look like idiots trying to stop Gronkowski and Hernandez. Williams would have likely been owned with consistency against Welker.

Our defense would get absolutely no pressure on Brady's O-line which would dominate us up front and with Brady having all day to throw he would pick apart our zone coverage. Hell he'd probably pick it apart even if we could generate some pressure.

Brady would be able to score with Rodgers and in all likelihood would score more than Rodgers seeing as the Patriots actually play defense. They might be ranked 31st but they don't play like it. Our defense is ranked 32nd and they play like it

It's making me sick even thinking about it.