Assistant Coach Tracker

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly.

Pro Bowls for defensive players aren't always reflective in statistics. And the measure of a defensive player isn't always in statistics.
This is true and I hold the same opinion. But it was proposed that Hayward was inferior while here. I will grant you, he's probably better now, he should be. But I'd also say you don't get 20+ pass defenses and 6 INT's if you're not playing well. They went after a rookie and he set a record for passing rating against. 2 things from that #1, he WAS better than just good here and #2, I don't believe players come from college at that level without some instruction.

and I am not claiming Whitt is some DB guru. I think he has something out of his control that are held against him. I have no idea how he is as a position coach other than when we have some continuity back there they've been pretty decent over the years.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bye joe.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...

I'm digging the steamroller phase of this rebuild at least.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also saw Whitt was fired. A bit of a surprise. I wonder who actually fired him? He must have gotten complacent. :)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also saw Whitt was fired. A bit of a surprise. I wonder who actually fired him? He must have gotten complacent. :)

Like I said in another thread, he is not Pettine's guy and got forced on him. Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson were protecting him, but Pettine now said time to go.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Whitt, Zook, and Raih all were fired, that’s all I needed to see from Lafleur and Pettine to make me pretty happy as far as purging the staff goes, anything else will just be icing on the cake. I hope Jerry Montgomery is retained though.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I need new pants, rodell needs a whole new wardrobe.

He was on here telling us Matt LaFleur was Murphy's puppet and was going to be forced to keep McCarthy's staff here.

That narrative has been debunked big time.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Whitt's firing makes sense from a coaching tree perspective. He has no prior connection to Pettine or his defense. Building a coaching staff is the work of multiple seasons, as you can't just pluck guys from other places at will.

Packers need to pry Jim Leonard out of Wisconsin!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If I need new pants, rodell needs a whole new wardrobe.

He was on here telling us Matt LaFleur was Murphy's puppet and was going to be forced to keep McCarthy's staff here.

That narrative has been debunked big time.

He pooped on his shirt?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers announce 2 hours or so ago that Pettine will be retained. And an hour or so ago that Whitt has been relieved. Not a surprise. Pettine and LaFleur coming with both barrels.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured Pettine was 50-50 I’m this whole ordeal, though I was definitely in favor of keeping. i am happy they’re picking their staff. I can’t wait to see the final list with OC named and offensive and defensive assistants

Latest posts