Asking a genuine question

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we need to accept what he says as objective fact, but drawing conclusions based on his actions is just unsubstantiated bias?

I don’t think so.
He has said what he wants. I'm more likely to take that at face value, rather than arguments based on Yahoo.

If as you claim revenue is a consideration, he'd earn more with a team and keep his advertising too. It's both rather than either. That argument holds no water.

Saying endorsements stops a player from playing is absurd for any player, more less so for Kaep.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My two cents on the Kaepernick controversy.

Kaepernick would have been in the league after 2016 if he hadn't kneeled. He was better than plenty of backups and might have even been a low-end starter somewhere. But even if a team didn't care about the kneeling, there was no way anyone was going to sign him because no organization wants a media circus around their backup QB. It would have been a massive distraction for a player who hopefully would never have seen the field. If Russell Wilson or Tom Brady had kneeled, they'd still be on a team because they're great players and would be worth the distraction. This is a point that I think non-football fans miss. There seems to be an impression among many that Kaep was some sort of star, which he wasn't. If he was, he'd still be in the league.

At this point, I don't think Kaep comes back unless a team does it for PR reasons. How many QBs don't play for five years and then make it back? I can't imagine there have been many (if any) QBs with gaps like that in the middle of their career. Kaep will soon be 35 years old and was on a downward trajectory when he was last in the league. His 2012 and 2013 years were strong, faltered in 2014, and then bottomed out in 2015 and 2016. I don't think he'd have much value to most teams.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the likes of Flacco, Hoyer, Glennon and Gibbert getting game time, I think Kaep is worth taking a risk on as a backup option.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He has said what he wants. I'm more likely to take that at face value, rather than arguments based on Yahoo.

If as you claim revenue is a consideration, he'd earn more with a team and keep his advertising too. It's both rather than either. That argument holds no water.

Saying endorsements stops a player from playing is absurd for any player, more less so for Kaep.

Look, man. I don’t want to fight about this tonight. My previous posts say what I think. It’s time to talk about new Packers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, he turned down a profitable football career so he could make a fraction of the money doing Nike commercials....the grift is what was sold to people about "disrespecting" the flag.
Odd this showed up on my news feed. Doesnt talk how he made the 20 mill.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd this showed up on my news feed. Doesnt talk how he made the 20 mill.

He got paid a little over $43m during his time in the NFL. Fun part about interest is you can earn a LOT of money on the interest of millions in the bank.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts