Asking a genuine question

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Having read a recent article in which colin kaepernick said he`d just like a chance to prove himself, and would even be prepared t come to a team as a back up and asking as a foreigner, would it be an option or did his political stand sour Americans to him too much in the US and more precisely Green Bay ?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he had more to offer he would be. I just don't think he's that good. He was kind of a one trick pony, everyone knows that trick and it didn't work for him any more. he probably would have found himself bounced around year after year constantly being replaced with a new guy to see if they had more "upside" and he'd go to another team just looking for stopgap backup.

Now he's been out of football for a few years I don't imagine he has a lot left to offer teams. That said, I have zero problems if any team signs him.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You know me, Bill ... I don't much give a rat's behind about anybody's politics or how they choose to wear it on their sleeve. I am readily able to ignore ALL ends of that spectrum - and these days, it seems there is no limit to that number. Everyone seems to have their own little "single interest" that needs everybody's full attention and it's not just in the "colonies".

As Mondio said, I saw C.K. (who was born in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin - where I work, but nobody seems to care) as one of those athletes who make a flash as long as they're surrounded by extreme talent, and got to play against the Packers on national TV. Truthfully, I think that if he wasn't so able to pull down the Pack's pants on National TV a few times - he'd have been a footnote a long, long time ago. QB's that fly out of the pocket at the first sign of pressure or coverage or pocket collapse, by-and-large, just don't cut it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was just curious ;)
Holy crap ... it's almost 9 a.m. and I haven't even started de-thatching yet. *tsk* I take a day off work to work and I spend it on social media shootin' the bull.. My R.F.B. (reason for being) will accuse me of lollygagging whilst I should be toiling in her field of green.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Having read a recent article in which colin kaepernick said he`d just like a chance to prove himself, and would even be prepared t come to a team as a back up and asking as a foreigner, would it be an option or did his political stand sour Americans to him too much in the US and more precisely Green Bay ?

Kaepernick doesn't genuinely want to play.

He wants to say he wants to play, and then he can claim that he's a black-balled victim.

This is really good for his brand; it's highly lucrative. He's signed big money deals with Nike and Netflix since leaving the league on the basis of being an oppressed culture warrior.

If he actually wanted to play in the NFL again, he wouldn't be releasing a Netflix special in which he literally compares the NFL combine to ante-bellum slave auctions.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap ... it's almost 9 a.m. and I haven't even started de-thatching yet. *tsk* I take a day off work to work and I spend it on social media shootin' the bull.. My R.F.B. (reason for being) will accuse me of lollygagging whilst I should be toiling in her field of green.
I feel like lawn care is still 6 months away this spring.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he had more to offer he would be. I just don't think he's that good. He was kind of a one trick pony, everyone knows that trick and it didn't work for him any more. he probably would have found himself bounced around year after year constantly being replaced with a new guy to see if they had more "upside" and he'd go to another team just looking for stopgap backup.

Now he's been out of football for a few years I don't imagine he has a lot left to offer teams. That said, I have zero problems if any team signs him.

He was one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he also said the owners are like slave owners

Not sure what he really wants.

Side note. It was a veteran and ex nfl player that told him to kneel

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 34 and will turn 35 during the 2022 season.
He hasn't played competitive football in 5 seasons.
The last season he played he was beaten out as the starting QB by Blaine Gabbert.

The ship has sailed on his football career, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His last two seasons, his QBR was 43.7 and 49.2.

And his ability to play football is irrelevant. He doesn't want to. It's a grift.

Yup, he turned down a profitable football career so he could make a fraction of the money doing Nike commercials....the grift is what was sold to people about "disrespecting" the flag.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yup, he turned down a profitable football career so he could make a fraction of the money doing Nike commercials....the grift is what was sold to people about "disrespecting" the flag.

I'm sure there was plenty of spin in that direction too, but it is undeniable that he's never been serious about getting back into the league.

He's making as good or better money via Nike and Netflix being a culture warrior.

The dude literally said the combine is a modern day slave auction and people think he's desperate to be part of the NFL again? Give me a break.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure there was plenty of spin in that direction too, but it is undeniable that he's never been serious about getting back into the league.

He's making as good or better money via Nike and Netflix being a culture warrior.

The dude literally said the combine is a modern day slave auction and people think he's desperate to be part of the NFL again? Give me a break.

Methinks you overrate how much guys get paid for commercials?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In 2018, Yahoo reported that Kaepernick had signed a new contract with Nike where he would make “millions per year,” along with royalties. The contract included an endorsement deal, as well as a branded apparel line with shoes, T-shirts and jerseys. “[The] contract is a ‘star’ deal on par with a top end #NFL player. Millions per year. Star deals also include royalties,” tweeted Yahoo NFL reporter Charles Robinson at the time.

Methinks people can't see through their political and cultural priors to see what's painfully obvious.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He also signed a deal with Netflix and got millions from a settlement with the NFL.

It's furthermore very funny to me that people think the league has black balled him when they are bending over backwards to signal support for every progressive cause in sight.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got no beef with Kaep personally but I do have to wonder just how much he's got left in the tank after being out of the game for so long, esp. when you consider that it was looking like he was already starting to decline from his peak in 12-14.

But anyways with regards to the latter part of OP's question - yes, I would say that his political/social stances have probably more or less ruled him out for many teams and I would wager that in that regard Green Bay would probably be one of the *least* likely spots for him, all in all.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about controversial...once again Bill is trying to stir the pot!! atta boy!! LOL

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He also signed a deal with Netflix and got millions from a settlement with the NFL.

It's furthermore very funny to me that people think the league has black balled him when they are bending over backwards to signal support for every progressive cause in sight.
Lot of conjecture there. Yes he's making money, but has been explicit about wanting to play again. Saying it's all a drama is just unsubstantiated bias. More so when Yahoo is the source and without any concrete details.

And pretty much many current players earn as much or more in advertising, so weird that you pick that to knock him on.

He still might be a better as a backup than many dumpster fires who played due to injuries.

Politics ignoring, I hope he gets a chance at least as a backup QB.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lot of conjecture there. Yes he's making money, but has been explicit about wanting to play again. Saying it's all a drama is just unsubstantiated bias. More so when Yahoo is the source and without any concrete details.

He still might be a better as a backup than many dumpster fires who played due to injuries.

Politics ignoring, I hope he gets a chance at least as a backup QB.

So we need to accept what he says as objective fact, but drawing conclusions based on his actions is just unsubstantiated bias?

I don’t think so.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts