1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ashly Lelie

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packman31, Jul 10, 2006.

1. packman31

packman31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I see that Ashley Lelie is not reporting to camp and wants to be traded, why not Greenbay trying to work out a deal with Denver??

2. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One would have thought if TT wanted Lelie, he would have made a play for him when he traded Walker.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO, if they really wanted him, they would have gotten him when they traded J-Walk.

There must be something we don't know about him that is a turnoff (poor attitude, cancer in lockerroom, product of specific system). I however thought initally he would have come back to GB in a Walker trade, but still don't know why he didn't.

Perhaps those who have inside connections can try to get some more info on why he wasn't included in the Walker package?

4. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :roll: I don't see why not, they already ripped off the Packers once this offseason.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The Packers have enough players pissed off about contracts they don't need to bring another teams contract squable to them. Now if Lelie was a special talent, make a play for him, but he's not, he's an average 3rd WR.

6. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    How about trading for a player with the attitude of Mike McKenzie or T.O. and the "short-arm" ability of Robert Ferguson.

There's a very good reason Denver doesn't want him, and it's the same reason Green Bay shows(ed) no interest: he's a locker room cancer who doesn't make up for it on the field.

7. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Lelie was unhappy in Denver, what makes you think Lelie would be happy in GB?

Trading one unhappy WRer for another unhappy WRer makes little sence. Unless that WRer is Randy Moss!!

8. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

will you still feel that way if colledge becomes an outstanding G or T?

9. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He wants to start and he wants $, he probably can't get either from the Packers. We don't need another 3rd or 4th string WR that belives he can start (Others include Fergy and Gardner and to some degree possibly Jennings

10. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

This is true

11. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I won't but as of right now you guys lost a good proven receiver for "unproven" talent. It's a gamble anyway you look at it right now.

12. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    ...or you could say we lost a receiver that had one good year and wanted to get paid like a top 5 receiver. If Greg Jennings comes in and performs like people are saying he might, people will forget #84.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, javon had one good year, and ONE hell of an injury

14. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Javon had 1 good year, Colledge has had zero good years. I can't beleive it, I just agreed with a Packer hater.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    so Javon is 1 for 4 (5? i dont know)

Colledege is 0 for 0

16. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Ashley Lelie? :(

how about Ashy Larry?

17. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    So pyle...

You're saying JWalk is up on Colledge because he's at about 20-25% efficiency and Colledge hasn't had the chance.

Wait and see, pyle. Wait and see. I'm going on a hunch here but I don't think Colledge will disappoint us.

18. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Colledge will be a solid player. 2-3 years down the road. The question pyle is asking is can he do it now. he doesn't think so. I believe he'll have growing pains but I ultimately think he'll play better than what Whitticker did last season. I think Colledge is in the perfect scheme for him. I'm actually more worried on the RG than I am Colledge at LG. I do like Chris White and I believe he could be the dark horse.

19. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He would be a nice addition, but we already have some very talented WRs. You have to assume that Driver, Jennings, Boerighter, and Gardner are making the team. Then Ferguson might, and then how about Lucas and Rodgers. There are some very interesting aspects of this WR corp. If we make a deal for Lelie or Stallworth then Ferguson might go. But then it takes away receptions for guys like Jennings who has a great upside. or takes a chance away from Lucas who has been tearing it up in NFL Europe

20. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    what about the possibility of trading ferguson in a Lelie deal? NOTE: i think if we had any interest in lelie it would have happened on draft day.