Asante Samuel

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Any Reid is starting to lose his team. First the Mcnabb rumors now he's bashing Samuel for his play. Samuel responded recently with some interesting remarks calling out the Eagles' organization: Asante Samuel reacts to Andy Reid's remarks | ProFootballTalk.com

Well folks you know how these situations usually end up. Verbal punches get sent back and forth and the player is usually sent packing. Well here's the interesting case for us, should the Pack go after Samuel. I know that Samuel's recent comments are probable signs of character concerns but I believe what Samuel is saying the right things. The eagles organization isn't really working well with it's players despite the fact that some of the blame for their recent losses is also on them.

I always thought Samuel was miscast in the Eagles' 4-3 scheme where he's asked to play more man coverage. He would be a better fit in our 3-4 which he played under during his tenure in NE.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't like Samuel.

Sure, he's better than our backups.

But he's just too much of a gambler, and is TERRIBLE at tackling, which is fundamental to our 3-4, where the CBs must be able to contain the outside runs.

I saw him get burned too many times by gambling. Kinda like Nick Collins of 08.

I'd trade a 3rd rounder for him, but he's not a great CB IMHO...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now the Eagles have traded their starting CB Brown to Cleveland. It looks like Reid is cleaning house. :icon_exclaim:
Yet again? To me Reid failed to build a winning team, and now that team's window has closed, and he's trying to rebuild...

If he failed to win the first time, what gives that now he'll be able to build a championship team?

(By first time, I mean the time frame in which he came in at Philadelphia, and approx. 2 years, that his team began to get old).

Yes, he did build a very good team, one that reached the SB and the NFCC 3 times.

But still, in this league you're measured by SBs wins, not by tries...

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that Kyle Wilson is pretty much an Asante Samuel replica. There may be a slim chance that the Packers draft him. I'd rather ponder about this once the draft is over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts