PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted September 25, 2007

As Packers' prospects rise, so does fervor for ticket

Undefeated record, possible Favre milestone stoke sales

By Mike Hoeft
[email protected]

The Packers are playing in Minneapolis on Sunday, but the Metrodome may have plenty of green and gold in the stands as Green Bay fans buy up available tickets for a divisional matchup against the Minnesota Vikings.

"Our Web sites were loaded up with orders this morning," said Dennis Garrity, president of Packer Fan Tours, on Monday. "There was a lot of interest before and obviously is a lot more now."

The Packers (3-0) will face the Vikings (1-2) in a noon game in which quarterback Brett Favre may break the NFL record of 420 passing touchdowns. Favre matched Dan Marino's record Sunday in the Packers 31-24 win over the San Diego Chargers at Lambeau Field.

The game is sold out, which is driving up ticket prices. Some tickets range from $80 to $600 on some auction and ticket Web sites.

"Until last night, we had various tickets for as low as $75, but those days are long behind us now," Garrity said. "Who knows where it will be in a few days?"

Many people also are looking ahead to the rest of the Packers schedule. On Oct. 7, the defending NFC champion Chicago Bears come to Lambeau Field.

"If the Pack goes 4-0 into the Chicago game, it's going to be phenomenal," Garrity said. "I cannot think of a game as significant outside of a playoff."

Tickets for the Bears game are running about $275, up $50 to $75 just in the last day, said Bill Wenzel, president of Titletown Ticket and Tours.

Prices have gone up marginally for Sunday's game in Minneapolis, but the largest demand is for home games, Wenzel said.

"A lot of it has to do with the aura of Lambeau Field. It's far more attractive than an indoor stadium."

Garrity said Packers' games that many people weren't paying attention to before now have added significance: Carolina Panthers at Lambeau on Nov. 18 and the Cowboys at Dallas on Nov. 29.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I can remember seeing a lot of people on the streets and the parking lots holding signs saying that they had 2-4 tickets for sale for the game. This past Sunday there were a lot of people holding up signs (or their hands) saying they wanted to buy 2-4 tickets. Isn't is amazing what winning a couple of games does for a team?

There was a man and his young son about 5 or 6 yrs old who wanted to buy couple of tickets. I just about sold them mine so the young man would have a nice memory of seeing a Packers game with his dad. As they got closer I decided nuts to them I drove 4 hrs and I am going in to the game myself.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was posted during the pre-season that you could buy tickets to this game for face value via TicketMaster because the Viking fans couldn't sell out their own dome.

If any of you bought tickets this way in August, good for you, you bought tickets to see the Packers just because it was the Packers, you didn't need hype to make you go to the game.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in KC...I will see everyone on Nov. 4th...I will be wearing Green and Gold!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts