As of right now...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With one game left to play this week,

The Packers have the #1 Defense in the NFL.

Team - PPG Allowed
1. Packers - 15.9
2. Bears - 16.2
3. Jets - 16.7
4. Saints - 16.8
5. Steelers - 18.0

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Wow that is great!!!

I guess we are tied for 1st on standings, ..still would like to see our name on top, but I guess there is some stat that makes it that way.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW! That is the best news! Congrats to Capers and his band of defending warriors, ferocious!!!!

I don't think that stat will change tonight, at least for us. MNF is Eagles and Skins. Packers should still be #1!!! :happy0005:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
PPG is good, but not a total picture because it's based on just points. I like to look at Defensive efficiency at football outsiders based on DVOA*

We are 4th on that list for total D.
3rd pass D
23rd rush D (eew, although I believe we are playing MUCH MUCH better run D now then earlier in the year which skewed the ranking)

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2010 DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

*DVOA is a method of evaluating teams, units, or players. It takes every single play during the NFL season and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation. DVOA measures not just yardage, but yardage towards a first down: five yards on third-and-4 are worth more than five yards on first-and-10 and much more than five yards on third-and-12. Red zone plays are worth more than other plays. Performance is also adjusted for the quality of the opponent. DVOA is a percentage, so a team with a DVOA of 10.0% is 10 percent better than the average team, and a quarterback with a DVOA of -20.0% is 20 percent worse than the average quarterback. Because DVOA measures scoring, defenses are better when they are negative. For more detail, read below.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
btw, our Special Teams efficiency is 28th in the league! You can't win Championships with bad special teams.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PPG is good, but not a total picture because it's based on just points. I like to look at Defensive efficiency at football outsiders based on DVOA*

3rd pass D
23rd rush D (eew, although I believe we are playing MUCH MUCH better run D now then earlier in the year which skewed the ranking)

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2010 DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

*DVOA is a method of evaluating teams, units, or players. It takes every single play during the NFL season and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation. DVOA measures not just yardage, but yardage towards a first down: five yards on third-and-4 are worth more than five yards on first-and-10 and much more than five yards on third-and-12. Red zone plays are worth more than other plays. Performance is also adjusted for the quality of the opponent. DVOA is a percentage, so a team with a DVOA of 10.0% is 10 percent better than the average team, and a quarterback with a DVOA of -20.0% is 20 percent worse than the average quarterback. Because DVOA measures scoring, defenses are better when they are negative. For more detail, read below.

Vick running on us for 100 yards doesnt help.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

3rd pass D

If you're going to start being the guy that kills everyone's buzz, what job do I have here anymore? :p

Members online

Latest posts