As of 12/31, less than 13,000 tickets available

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.ticketmaster.com/green-b...catid=8&tm_link=artist_msg-0_07004B9185C733B1

This is pretty shocking, but then again, perhaps not really? I own Gold package season tickets and I "won" the chance to buy tickets in the pool drawing, but I passed on it. Simply put, I already spent a LOT of money this season on four games, including two-night hotel stays each time, etc. But the biggest reason I passed, is because I'm absolutely done sitting in these 5-degree late afternoon/night games. Done, finished. Been doing it for over 25 years and the 2007 NFC Championship game was the last straw.

I wonder if people are thinking like I am and just don't want to deal with the drive, weather, costs, etc.? This is never happened before - 15,ooo tickets available five days before a playoff game. So, what gives?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.ticketmaster.com/green-b...catid=8&tm_link=artist_msg-0_07004B9185C733B1

This is pretty shocking, but then again, perhaps not really? I own Gold package season tickets and I "won" the chance to buy tickets in the pool drawing, but I passed on it. Simply put, I already spent a LOT of money this season on four games, including two-night hotel stays each time, etc. But the biggest reason I passed, is because I'm absolutely done sitting in these 5-degree late afternoon/night games. Done, finished. Been doing it for over 25 years and the 2007 NFC Championship game was the last straw.

I wonder if people are thinking like I am and just don't want to deal with the drive, weather, costs, etc.? This is never happened before - 15,ooo tickets available five days before a playoff game. So, what gives?

http://www.seathound.com/event/2014...packers-vs-san-francisco-49ers-tickets-692840

Try that site :)

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is sad, really. If we lived within driving distance, we would make it to this game. So does this mean local Packers fans turn on the team when they make the playoffs? complete opposite of bandwagon! I am still pissed at you season ticket holders that let all those giants fans in. As a shareholder, the only demand I would make would be to revoke season ticket privileges from those who sell their seats to opposing fans.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is sad, really. If we lived within driving distance, we would make it to this game. So does this mean local Packers fans turn on the team when they make the playoffs? complete opposite of bandwagon! I am still pissed at you season ticket holders that let all those giants fans in. As a shareholder, the only demand I would make would be to revoke season ticket privileges from those who sell their seats to opposing fans.

I'll never sell my tickets, period. Another reason I switched to the Gold package when it was offered to me, is because it meant the latest my final game will be every year, is in early November. I'm just done with sitting in the cold for three hours and dealing with driving in snowstorms, etc. My tolerance for these things is gone, that's all. Since 1982 (I think that was the year I went to my first game) - I've been to well over 120 games or so. This game against the 49ers - this is an opportunity for people who have never been to a game to go.

So, let's be clear ... I'll never sell my tickets to anyone and I simply passed on getting playoff tickets. If that means that fans of the opposing team end up sitting in my seats - that isn't deliberate and isn't my fault - I never had the tickets to begin with. I have the right to decline paying for things if I don't want to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So, let's be clear ... I'll never sell my tickets to anyone and I simply passed on getting playoff tickets. If that means that fans of the opposing team end up sitting in my seats - that isn't deliberate and isn't my fault - I never had the tickets to begin with. I have the right to decline paying for things if I don't want to.

That is what has happened..

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what has happened..

Indeed and obviously I'm not the only one. It is possible that the Rodgers uncertainty was an issue for some people (the playoff ticket invoices were mailed out a month ago), but that had zero to do with it for me. I had no problem paying money back in the day to go watch Randy Wright, Chuck Fusina, Anthony Dilweg and Mike Tomczak. Therefore, the same goes for Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien. My reasons for passing are mostly my lack of desire to deal with the weather (sitting or driving in it) and the fact that I have a big tuition check to write to Purdue, as I'm about to start my 4th semester of grad school. So, that's my story with it.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
The front office don' effed up this year. Typically what happens with playoff tickets for season ticket holders is everyone is offered a chance to play the lottery weeks before we know whether or not we're going to be in the playoffs. In order to be in the lottery, you must submit the cost in-full of all seats, then, if we don't make the playoffs and/or you're not picked in the lottery, the ticket holders receive an automatic refund. Well, this year, the team got greedy: they asked for the usual full payment up front, but instead of refunding your money if the playoffs did not come to fruition, they were going to hold onto your payment for the following year's season ticket balance. For some folks, that's putting out over $1000 5 months in advance, not exactly chump change for those living on a tight budget.

So now the scheme has come back to bite them in the a**; the team that is known for selling out every game without having to go to the marketplace is now sitting on 15,000 extra tickets for the PLAYOFFS because they pissed off 2/3 of their loyal customers. Pretty embarrassing, and hopefully the idiot in charge of ticketing who came up with the plan is shown the door.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live 3 hours north of Lambeau.
I had the opportunity for 2 tix in the south endzone, $240.00.
I declined the tix not because of the drive , not because of the cost, but because of the weather.
I have sat in the cold, snow, wind and rain plenty often even through last season. The Lions last years game was the end of cold weather games for me.
I even sat through a couple hours of sub zero temps for the "Return to Title Town" celebration after our last SB win.
I'm done with cold weather games.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll sell out. 40,000 went on sale yesterday. It's already less than half that and they have a few more days.

I'd go if I could no question. I'm one of those crazies who think cold weather games are fantastic to be at.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll sell out. 40,000 went on sale yesterday. It's already less than half that and they have a few more days.

I'd go if I could no question. I'm one of those crazies who think cold weather games are fantastic to be at.
There is no doubt in my mind they will sell out.
This is a Green Bay Packers home game for god sake.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like it. With this many still available, I can see many travelling 49er fans sucking up a lot of them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like it. With this many still available, I can see many travelling 49er fans sucking up a lot of them.

I have more than a handful of friends pick p tix in last 12 hours..

I dont see to many niner fans showing up

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live 3 hours north of Lambeau.
I had the opportunity for 2 tix in the south endzone, $240.00.
I declined the tix not because of the drive , not because of the cost, but because of the weather.
I have sat in the cold, snow, wind and rain plenty often even through last season. The Lions last years game was the end of cold weather games for me.
I even sat through a couple hours of sub zero temps for the "Return to Title Town" celebration after our last SB win.
I'm done with cold weather games.

Amen, brother - I'm with you. I was at the Lions game in 1990 - so cold, people's cars weren't even starting up after the game. I was at the Raiders game in 1993 and have been to several other sub-ten degrees games. The 2007 NFC Championship game was the last straw. Never again. Well ... since that little runt won't around to toss a season-ending sandbag in the air, I suppose we're safe from that. Regardless, I'm done with it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about the weather. The most memorable games that I've been to have been thrilling comeback wins in the December cold. The atmosphere, I don't know, it's just different. I remember those more than a nice sunny game in September.

It's the drive, the money, and the fact that I work shift work and it's often hard to make it work with that.

Also, I was at that Lions game, I was 8 years old. First game and saw Barry and Majik.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about the weather. The most memorable games that I've been to have been thrilling comeback wins in the December cold. The atmosphere, I don't know, it's just different. I remember those more than a nice sunny game in September.

It's the drive, the money, and the fact that I work shift work and it's often hard to make it work with that.

Also, I was at that Lions game, I was 8 years old. First game and saw Barry and Majik.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Majkowski was injured and Blair Kiel started that game. Majkowski may have started but Kiel definitely played most of it and boy did that guy ever suck balls.

Members online

Latest posts