1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

As a husband and father... could you have left?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Very tragic events and as a father how could you shoot your own kids?

The uncle heard shooting and jumped off the roof.. can't imagine being in that position however I don't know if I could have left my wife and neices and nephews behind..

As a husband, uncle or father... could you have left?

WI shootings

Deaths of 6 appear to be murder-suicide
    Children's uncle escaped, 911 recording reveals
    By TOM HELD and MEG JONES
    theld@journalsentinel.com
    Posted: June 12, 2007
    Evidence at the scene of a grisly slaying in Delavan suggests that the deaths of six people, including twin baby boys, was a murder-suicide involving the children's parents, authorities said Monday afternoon.

Investigators were still waiting Monday for findings from autopsies, DNA evidence and ballistics testing, and while officials have not ruled anything out, it appears five people were gunned down Saturday night before their killer committed suicide.

The Delavan Police Department, state Department of Justice and Walworth County district attorney's office did not release details of the crime, didn't discuss a motive and did not reveal what kind of firearm was used in the slayings.

The dead were identified as Nicole Marie McAffee, 19; her twin infant sons, Argenis and Isaiah Analco; her sister, Ashley Lynn Huerta, 21; and Huerta's friend Vanessa Iverson, 19. All are believed to have been shot by Amborosio Analco, 23, who apparently then took his own life.

Analco was McAffee's ex-boyfriend, police said. Court records identify him as the father of the twins, who were born Dec. 12, and a 1 1/2 -year-old girl, Jasmine, who was also shot but survived.

Analco's cousin, Marco Pastrana, said Sunday that Analco had been at his house with the three children Saturday night and left about 9 p.m. to return them to their mother.

Neighbors reported hearing gunshots, or what some thought were firecrackers, around 10:30 p.m. in the home in the 300 block of S. 2nd St. Police sent to the scene found the dead inside the home.

Jasmine Analco, who turns 2 in October, was discovered in a nearby van, critically wounded from a gunshot to the chest. She was taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison, where she was in good condition Monday, said Delavan Police Chief Timothy O'Neill.

On a 911 recording released Monday afternoon, Gaspar Huerta, 27, who lived in the home with his wife and McAffee, tells a dispatcher that he escaped by the roof when Analco turned up and "started shooting everybody."

At a short news briefing authorities held Monday in a Delavan Common Council conference room, Several relatives of the victims gathered to hear the scant information. Afterward, an aunt of McAffee and Huerta said her family was devastated.

"The pain is overwhelming," said Karen "Dee Dee" Sittler, who lives in Elkhorn. "This will leave a huge void in our lives. It is overwhelming to lose four family members in one night."

Gaspar Huerta's older brother, Victor, said Monday afternoon that his brother jumped out a window when he heard gunshots. Investigators were searching the roof of the duplex Monday for evidence.

"He's been crying a lot, and he's very depressed," Victor Huerta said of his brother.

Victor Huerta, 34, said McAffee and Ashley Huerta told him Saturday night that Analco had threatened McAffee and told her that if he caught her with another man he would kill her and their children. Victor Huerta said Analco had previously threatened McAffee, and the sisters were worried because Analco had a gun.

Those touched by the tragedy added Monday morning to an impromptu memorial around a tree in front of the house with wreaths, stuffed animals, photos of Iverson and signs.

On Iverson's MySpace.com page, she wrote that she was the proud parent of a "beautiful little girl and handsome little boy" who enjoyed spending time with her children, singing, shooting pool and hanging out with her friends and family. She was visiting Huerta when she was shot to death, her mother, Kay Macara, said Sunday.

The two-story house where the killings occurred is in a quiet neighborhood only two blocks from the police department in Delavan, a city of about 8,000 in central Walworth County about 40 miles southwest of Milwaukee. McAffee lived in the house with her children, her sister and her husband.

According to online Wisconsin court records, Analco had only minor brushes with law enforcement, including tickets for speeding in 2002, driving with a suspended license in 2005 and driving without a valid license in 2006. In 2005 he was the subject of a child support action McAffee initiated in Walworth County.

In that case, a judge ordered but stayed a six-month jail sentence for Analco on March 16 for failing to pay child support. He was ordered to pay $442 per month for all three children but owed about $4,100 in birth expenses for Jasmine, according to court records.

Analco's first name is spelled three ways in court records: Ambrosio, Argenis and Aguenis. Walworth County District Attorney Phil Koss said Analco, who was born in Mexico, had a Social Security card, but Koss did not know if he was a U.S. citizen.

The slayings and suicide fit the profile of what the Washington, D.C.-based Violence Policy Center calls a "family annihilator" - someone who kills his wife or girlfriend and children as well as other family members before killing himself.

A study of reported murder-suicides in 2005 by the Violence Policy Center showed that 94% of the offenders were male and 92% involved a firearm, while three-quarters of murder-suicides occur in the home. The center estimates that 1,200 people are killed each year in murder-suicides.

"Family annihilators" often feel overwhelmed by financial or domestic problems and decide to commit suicide, said Kristen Rand, legislative director of the Violence Policy Center, "and the thought process is, 'I can't leave my family, they're better off dead with me.' "

"A lot of times it might not appear to neighbors or other family members that the stress would be that great," Rand added. "Oftentimes people say, 'Oh, I can't believe this would happen.' But it's how that person perceives the problem."

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    First...i don't think i could leave. I'd rather die trying to stop him then to live with the guilt that man is going to have to live with. If i were the authorities, i'd have that man under suicide watch. He's gonna have a horrible time ahead of him because he fled.
    That said, it wasn't his fault, it was the scumbag that killed all those innocent people. HOW can you shoot your own twins boys? And the little girl in the van...what did SHE do to deserve that?
    I wish the guy would have just killed himself, and left all the others alone.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
  4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would have fought to for my family and probably died trying.

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hell. I would have just practiced self defense. I would just shoot him. I would not be one for a man to mess with.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I can't help it think after reading something like this that God is gonna punish us somehow or someway. I'm not a big religious guy, but I believe there is a higher power. And I'm sure the higher power wouldn't be happy about what we are doing.

I guess I hear stuff like this and I think, 'this is bad for these immediate families, now watch and see another major disaster like 9/11 or a tsunami or a hurricane or anything like that'

7. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Think of what the officers must have to deal with seeing that scene... gives you more prespective to some things they have to endure....

BTW... if I was that uncle... I probably would be dead right now, cuz I won't have left that house with someone shooting...

From JSonline update blog..

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    there is no friggin way i would have left - NOT A CHANCE!!!

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    HE didn't let sodom and gomorrah get away with it..........i don't believe HE will let us either. In my view, this country is turning it's back on God, and it will be judged sooner or later.
    Of course with all the violent crimes that are happening in America today, you could say we are getting the judgement. What you reap is what you sow. As a country, we a reaping years of turning our collective backs on God.
    Now......the children that were killed certainly didn't do anything to deserve what happened to them. I KNOW God is crying over that just as we are. HE gave us free will........and mankind has messed it up ever since.
    JMO of course

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Great to see you back Girl!!! :thumbsup:

11. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, cheesey. ;) thought i'd sneak in quietly & see if anybody noticed. tee hee!! :D

12. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    We noticed... trust me we noticed... darn Cheesey beat me to it... :)

13. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hiya 93 - glad to be back with y'all. :D

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not slow, I'm not fast.............
    I'm HALF FAST!!!! :rotflmao:
    You gotta get up PRETTY early to put one past the ol' Cheesey!!! :thumbsup: