Article about MM

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
It's a very good article ..., but (yes I know you are going to "rail" on me again for saying this ... hehe, however ...) judging on the games last season and also for almost half this current season ... - It would appear that McCarthy had perhaps put too much confidence in Rodgers ability under center ...

- Something he (McCarthy) has finally adjusted for ... And we are seeing the results there off in those past 2 games ...

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a very good article ..., but (yes I know you are going to "rail" on me again for saying this ... hehe, however ...) judging on the games last season and also for almost half this current season ... - It would appear that McCarthy had perhaps put too much confidence in Rodgers ability under center ...

- Something he (McCarthy) has finally adjusted for ... And we are seeing the results there off in those past 2 games ...
Actually... It's quite the opposite. McCarthy said himself that at the Dallas game he finally let Rodgers call the protections...

Packers.com » News » Press Releases » November 15, 2009: Mike McCarthy Post-Game Press Conference Transcript - Nov. 15
(What did you think about Aaron's performance. It seemed like he really managed the game.)
Aaron had a lot on his plate. I told him earlier in the week that this was the most comprehensive game plan I think we ever have thrown a quarterback. And all quarterbacks...I'm not trying to dramatize here, I think you know that's not my personality. But we had a lot on his plate. When you make adjustments and you're playing as much as we did, as far as protections and different calls, we did some new things this week. There wasn't a lot of time to get things repped. There was a lot of adjustments that carried over to Aaron's responsibility. So, from a management standpoint, I thought he did a very good job. We'll look at the tape and there's definitely some corrections I think we can improve on and there are some new things that I think we can carry forward that will help us.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I think it's more about a coach taking off some heat off his quarterback ...

I mean, seriously ... Rodgers have been in that offensive scheme for how long now ? He should very well know the play book by now - in's and outs ...

Several interviews with McCarthy, this one not being an exception, there is alot to be read between the lines ...

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's more about a coach taking off some heat off his quarterback ...

I mean, seriously ... Rodgers have been in that offensive scheme for how long now ? He should very well know the play book by now - in's and outs ...

Several interviews with McCarthy, this one not being an exception, there is alot to be read between the lines ...
I mean, McCarthy said himself that he just gave Rodgers more responsability now... So... I don't think it can be more direct than that... If you think he's plain lying, then there's no discussion...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... and the conditions in which I think he'll perform well enough to warrant a stay next year...

I think McCarthy and Thompson stay with us another two years. They both signed three year extensions valued at $4M/year for McCarthy and $2M/year for Thompson. No way we cut them this soon and eat $18M.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think McCarthy and Thompson stay with us another two years. They both signed three year extensions valued at $4M/year for McCarthy and $2M/year for Thompson. No way we cut them this soon and eat $18M.
Regardless of the record for this season they are sticking around. The Dallas game saved their careers for at a little while.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like mccarthy. I think he is doing fine. I mean last year, i give hiim a mulligan cuz of all the favre crap and all the heat the packer organization took. And I meen the guy is supposed to be an "offensive guy" and all three years he's coached, pack has been top ten in offense. I mean the d was what was killin us. And they fixed that with dom capers. Our biggest problems are the little things that we do horrifically **cough** penalties and special teams **cough** Oh ya and our offensive line changes every day it seems... But Overall i give him a B as a coach, I just don't think he is as bad as some say...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's obvious the team likes the guy too. You saw Nick Barnett give McCarthy a game ball after the win vs. Dallas for taking the bullets for the team after the Tampa loss. I know most head coaches are respected on some level, but that proved to me McCarthy wasn't losing his team.

Members online

Latest posts