1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Arrowgargantuan

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Packerforum name: arrowgargantuan
    Real name (first only): Dale
    Current City: Campbell, CA
    Hometown: Santa Clara, CA

1) How did you choose your screen name?

It started out as a random online moniker that i made up about 10 or so years ago. It's basically a misspelled portmanteau of the words "arrogant" and "gargantuan". Which is odd because I wouldn't consider myself arrogant, and at 6 ft., 190 I'm hardly gargantuan.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I was born in Phoenix, AZ, but my family moved to the bay area when I was a baby. I'm the youngest of 5, all boys, all with names starting with the letter "D". My dad made a decent living in industrial air conditioning and stayed with the same company for over 20 years. He realised he wasn't able to own property on his pension with the high cost of living in the silicon valley, so he purchased about 5 acres of land and shipped the family out to Tennessee. Looking back, I probably should've gone with 'em and furthered my education, but I love CA and have definitely enjoyed my stay out here.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

Baseball, football, and basketball. I played baseball and did really well until I got to Ponies and realized i sucked, badly. I had this uppercut in my swing which wouldn't have been so bad if I had some power behind it. The problem was i stood 4'11 and 100 pounds soaking wet.

I played WR/DB in football simply because i was a burner and had decent hands. I played PG in basketball because i was short as all hell growing up. I was ok, nothing spectacular. My athletics came to a halt once I picked up smoking. Don't smoke kids!

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

As bad as it sounds some of my fondest memories came from writing graffiti. I wrote for some 5-6 years and didn't really get deep into it until i got arrested for it. What better way to reform a graffiti writer than to surround him in a community service program with other writers!?! I put the cans away after a close call with police. We were literally in a high speed chase and managed to get away. I was 19 years old and decided prison wasn't for me...especially for writing on a f#@*ing wall. I also fell out of a car on an expressway trying to get up...good times.

5) What was your first job?

Longs Drugs.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

My last name starts with a "G", and I always loved the color green. It was as simple as that. In 1988 i begged for a Packer's hat and eventually got one. I kept track of the teams win/loss record with post-it notes on a calendar. They sucked, but i didn't care...

sidenote: I used to pronounce the "j" in Majkowski when I was little. One of my brothers still brings it up to this day. Funny stuff.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

Aside from the superbowl victory, it's got to be watching Brett play (i know thats cheating). We are part of a special generation of Packer fans that got to watch his entire career unfold. 20 years from now there will be Packer fans that never got to watch Brett live. Jealous much?

8 ) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

I used to frequent the clusterf@&* of a forum at Packernews.com with a gentleman that went by the name of SlickVision. It was atrocious and had zero moderation. Ryan had just launched his site sometime in '05 and I quickly made it my home. I stay here because the people are badass, and because I can ban people I don't like.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

Golden State Warriors, CAL football, San Jose Sabercats (kind of)

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Drinking. Although not nearly as much as I used too, I still love drinking. The only reason I'm not a full-fledged alcoholic is because with age, I've noticed my hangovers can last 2-3 days, which is total b.s..

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

The firing of Cletidus Hunt. I'm sure it was respectful and professional, but in my head it was filled with degradation and profanity.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Zero.

13) What is your worst fear?

A fear of failure maybe, but I think everybody has that to some degree. I'll readily admit that it does hold me back quite a bit though.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Cooking. BBQing mostly. I'm a bit of a wine enthusiast as well.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Ribs. God i love ribs. Outside of beef, it's got to be cajun seabass. I would slap Kimbo Slice for some cajun bluenose seabass.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I haven't traveled much outside of California. I've been to TJ, Tennessee, and Alabama. As far as CA goes, I think everybody should visit San Francisco. The multi-cultural mash-up that is SF is a beautiful thing. It's not without it's warts though. I believe their police force solves 50% of it's homicide cases. If you're gonna kill somebody, take 'em to frisco!

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Own my own business. I will eventually, that much I'm sure of. I love the accountability of it. Who else can you possibly blame if you fail?

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Somewhere tropical, with scantily clad women. Somewhere sunny year round.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Nitschke, Levens, White, Driver, Favre.

Brett needs no explanation, actually none of them do. But I'll explain Mr. Donald Driver. He's the definition of loyalty to me. You simply don't see that anymore in professional sports these days. I could go on and on about the man. He's a badass 7th round draft pick that never forgot where he came from, despite his incredible talents..

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

There was a thread a couple years ago where me, trom, A-DAP and somebody else were up late one night, totally hammered, making fun of each other. I've never been able to find it..it probably wasn't even that funny, but it sure was at the time.

Who would you like to nominate to be interviewed next?

Porky88. There's a good chance he will decline, if so I'll select another very deserving member, but for now lets pressure him into an interview.

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Excellent read.. you really are under 5 foot tall.. wow. The little bit of time I spent in Cali.. LA mostly for about 2 weeks.. it is not for this big ol' country boy.. to dang much concrete and comotion..

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I friggin love these. Arrow, that was great. Entertainment at it's finest.

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    thanks..nah i grew about a foot my senior year. im 6 ft. last time i was measured. some folks say i'm taller, but it's usually the people who say they're 6 ft yet somehow i'm taller than them lol. guys really want to have that 6 foot tall status i suppose.

5. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    thanks PackOne...I am pretty awesome! :wink:

6. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto, here. Finally just quit over a year ago because of a health scare. First six months were easy, but now it sucks. I hate not smoking. Haha!

7. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    good stuff, one a day of these would be sweet.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ARROW!
    Great read!
    I think thats pretty arrogant of you to think your not arrogant...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I quit smoking because when i moved from ND to MN, the price of a pack of Camels went from $3.50 to $6. The smoke would've killed me eventually, but not before I would've died from accute heart attack once I realized how much money I spent on cigarettes every month.

10. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    15) What’s your favorite food?

Ribs. God i love ribs. Outside of beef, it's got to be cajun seabass. I would slap Kimbo Slice for some cajun bluenose seabass.

I would NEVER slap KImbo Slice lol

11. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats hilarious... I'm 6'2 and a little more than 3 inches taller than my brother and he always says "you have to be taller cuz Im 6 foot" hahaha

12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I would pay money to see it and by you some of that seabass.. :shock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :shock: portmanteau?......portmanteau????

A cheesehead that knows the meaning of portmanteau?.... I'm freakin' impressed!!!!! :p

Seriously arrow, very good read and it is great to know a little more about you.

Now I can tie a little more to your posts, and your warped sense of humor :thumbsup:

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great read Arrow, I enjoy these so much!! Keep them coming Ryan.

15. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    INDEED!

Aarrow.... "Pleased to meet you!" I kind of feel that way when I read these interviews as it gives great insight to a person we read posts from all of he time. "Pleased To Meet You."

I am gad that I chose you to be the next interview. Although, I must say I am DYING to read Trom's interview. I was just not sure if he would be serious so early in this thread.

Great insight.

Ohhh. One more thing. I have a friend who's business is always "Tagged" because it is right on the side of the Freeway and has major exposure from a viewing point.. Can you suggest anything he could do to stop the "Tagging."

R.P.

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Good stuff

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    another good read!! Shows Arrow has brains to go with his muscle on the forum LOL

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Someone get Porky to post his interview!!!
    I keep checking back for more, and it's been a standstill for days now!!!
    COME ON PORK!!!
    Give us the scoop!!! :D

19. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    thanks a lot everybody.

93 and bangthedrum, i'm pretty sure i'm going to renig on the slapping Kimbo statement. maybe Gary Coleman? Lance Bass?

covering the wall with ivy usually works. weigh the cost of that versus purchasing a power washer.

20. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it normal that your interview brought a tear to my eye? :lol:

Nice interview arrow. Made you seem like a normal guy, instead of an ***. :p

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Will someone please get on "the other white meat" and get him to post his interview???
    Enquiering minds want to know! :D

22. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    you goin' queeyah on me?

i was really shooting for ***.

23. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    theres only one way to put him on the fast track....a massive coordinated group effort of pm's to fill up his entire mailbox!

24. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I sent it to Ryan but I supose I could just post it.