Arrington's Choice May Hinge on Favre's Decision

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4760108
Linebacker LaVar Arrington's visit to Green Bay was scheduled a week ago, before Brett Favre's comments that the Packers need a free agent signing that makes "a statement."

But Packers general manager Ted Thompson says Favre's indecision may be affecting the team's ability to land free agents.

It remains to be seen if the Packers would even meet Arrington's contract demands, but the three-time Pro Bowl player may wait to find out if Favre is going to play. Indeed, Arrington reportedly said after his visit to Green Bay he wanted to talk with Favre.

"It would definitely give me a fair sense of whether we could win," Arrington told reporters. "The guy is one of the great competitors of all time and he gives you a chance to win. I asked to speak with him when I was there but it didn't happen, but that would definitely have a bearing on what I do, and if I were to come, would that sway him to come back and play? I mean, you would like to know what the quarterback situation is in Green Bay."

Kind of makes you wonder how many other Free Agents think this but didn't have the balls to request to speak to Brett.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrinton's choice hinges on how much TT is willing to pay him, the rest is just media propaganda from his side trying to get as much money as possible.

Somebody is going to sign Arrington, it is the team that offers the most money, you can't tell me that if Brett announced his retirement, then TT decided to offer Arrington his asking price, that he wouldn't sign in a heartbeat.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, than it should be a no-brainer that Brett is coming back for his $10mil payday and to pick up the phone and tell LA and Woodson to sign up.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Well, than it should be a no-brainer that Brett is coming back for his $10mil payday and to pick up the phone and tell LA and Woodson to sign up.

Exactly. It's not always about money with everyone. If offers are drastically different, then yes, the money would be an issue, but if they are somewhat similar I think most players would go where there is the greatest opportunity for success.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Brett is not a free agent, he is contemplating retiring, there is a big difference.

Yeah. Contemplating only because he wants to know the team is making moves to get better. Arrington and Woodson want to move to a winner. Brett's middle name.

Brett wants to see TT's moves before he moves, the FA's want to know BF's move and nobody is moving. Perfect.

Members online

Latest posts