Arrington visit isn't a ploy-R Domovsky of GB PG

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrington visit isn’t a ploy

By Rob Demovsky
PackersNews.com

The Green Bay Packers insist their interest in free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington is genuine and isn’t a ploy simply to convince quarterback Brett Favre to play another season.

Arrington visited Lambeau Field and met with General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy on Monday, two days after Favre suggested the Packers should be more active in free agency. Arrington was the second high-profile defensive player to visit Green Bay in the last week. His visit followed one by defensive back Charles Woodson.

“Every player we try to sign is because we’re trying to build the best football team possible,â€

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Arrington visit is't a ploy-R Domovsky of GB PG

I was pretty sure this was the case. If TT wanted a high-priced FA to lure Favre back, he would have made a play for Hutchinson.

Actually, when I read the thread title I was hoping to be reassured that Arrington's visit wasn't just a ploy by the Postons to drive up LA's price tag... that's still in the back of my mind.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Packers | Team faces obstacles to signing Arrington
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:58:06 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers face a few obstacles if they try to sign free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins).

Arrington wants to play for a winner; the Packers were 4-12 last season.

Arrington wants to know whether QB Brett Favre is going to retire; the Packers still don't know the quarterback's plans.

Arrington wants a big contract; the Packers have plenty of salary cap room but don't think they should have to pay considerably more than what the market bears. At this point a deal with Arrington is not imminent.

The interest on both sides does appear legitimate. "There has to be interest from both sides if there's a visit," Arrington's agent, Kevin Poston, said Tuesday, April 11. "There were a number of other teams who were interested in him and he chose not to visit.

He's realistic. To him, he's not a guy who believes in wasting his time." During his visit, Arrington asked the Packers if he could talk to Favre, Poston said. Poston said Arrington had not spoken to Favre as of Tuesday afternoon but was still interested in touching base with him.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He said that its probable that he will be ina green and gold uniform if Favre plays.

Members online

Latest posts