Arrington or Woodson?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing new. the pack is still 'in the running' for both these guys, according to the postons. we've offered them contracts, but they didn't meet the financial demands of either so they're still shopping around. the thing is, nobody is willing to pay them what they want, so it's still a possibility they'll come to Title Town.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe these two characters need to lighten their egos a little and TT can come above the market value approach he uses. Both players can help our team and if we get them signed, our draft strategy might be altered.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
definitely. they can help our team immensely. their signings would take most of the burden off the D and we can focus on our offensive problems. but i think it is the habit of the postons to approach free agency in this way. i am not surprised at all that neither arrington or woodson has been signed yet and i do not suspect anyone will come close to meeting their initial demands.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
definitely. they can help our team immensely. their signings would take most of the burden off the D and we can focus on our offensive problems. but i think it is the habit of the postons to approach free agency in this way. i am not surprised at all that neither arrington or woodson has been signed yet and i do not suspect anyone will come close to meeting their initial demands.
The Vikings might have if they hadn't spent 47 million on a guard, granted one of the best guards, but 47 million!

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if they do sign with someone, do you guys think they would sign before or after the draft?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't see them signing until after the draft. i don't expect much of anything until after the draft. don't get me wrong, deals are being struck right now, but we won't see the fruits until may.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's s.th. I found on KFFL:

Giants | Team to visit with Arrington again
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 05:47:06 -0700

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) will have a second visit with the New York Giants Thursday, April 20. The team is back in the Arrington chase, and this time it appears Arrington may be serious about striking a deal. Arrington has even agreed to undergo a physical, something he declined to do when he first visited the Giants March 11-12. That's an important concession for Arrington because of league-wide concerns about the health of his surgically repaired right knee. According to Kyle Harden, an associate to Arrington's agents, Arrington intends to sign with someone before the April 29 NFL Draft - possibly even in the next few days. Harden said the Giants are the only team Arrington is planning to visit before the draft. Yesterday, Harden did not give any indication that Arrington's asking price will go down. "The team that gets LaVar is getting a three-time Pro Bowler," he said. "LaVar is looking for a fair-market deal." If Arrington passes the physical, a Giants source said they would be willing to re-open negotiations if his price is reasonable.

Opinions?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think he'll get what he's asking for, regardless of who he signs with. "fair market value" is whatever someone is willing to pay. at this point in time, his demands will not be met, which means his fair market value will be lower than he wants it to be.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to sign this guy. He was a #3 draft pick and is a playmaker in a spot where we have great need.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
TT needs to sign this guy. He was a #3 draft pick and is a playmaker in a spot where we have great need.

I agree but what makes this situation even worse with these two is GB has the money right now for both of these guys. These guys can help us contend right now in my opinion. I don't think TT wants to risk on either or though. Both have injury problems and both are not the players they once were... I'm all for bringing either or in.

Members online

Latest posts