Arrigo's Mock from 4/16

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Final Packers Mock v.21.0
(Joe Arrigo)

This is my final Packers mock of 2010.
I think that the Packers will deal back a few slots in round 1 to add a 3rd round pick. I also think the Packers add 6th round pick by dealing with the Rams.

Here is my Packers mock v.21.0.

TRADE: The Packers trade Jarrett Bush to the Rams for their 2010 6th round pick.

Round 1: TRADE! The Packers trade their 1st round pick to the Colts for their 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick.

Round 1
: Jahvid Best-RB-Cal: The running back depth is not the best in this draft. Best is an explosive play-maker that can also return kicks and punts. He is "the human joy-stick" and could be a perfect compliment to Ryan Grant. He has great hands and terrific balance. He will need to add a little weight to become a better blocker and there is also some questions when it comes to his health due to a nasty concussion. But make no mistake about it, he is one heck of a football player.

Round 2: Morgan Burnett -S-Georgia Tech: An instinctive safety that can come in and start from day 1. He is a ball hawk and more than willing vs the run. He has good speed, leaping ability and great hands. He does a great job of high pointing the ball. High character guy.

Round 3 (A): Jason Fox-OT-Miami: To me, he reminds me of current Packer Chad Clifton. Has had some injury questions, but this kid can play (when healthy). Has the kick I look for in a LT and could be an elite player once he settles into the NFL.

Round 3 (B): Akwasi Owusu-Ansah-CB- IUP: The Packers seem to think Will Blackmon can be more than a dime back and the jury is still out on Pat Lee. With Owusu-Ansah he can be a nickle or dime back in year 1 or a special teams standout if need be. He the size/speed the Packers look for and has the skill set to be special, but some question his level of competition. He can also play a little safety as well.

Round 4: Carlton Mitchell-WR-S. Florida: A big, strong athletic WR who blow up the combine. He is a long strider with a nice burst out of his breaks but his hands are decent at best right now and he doesn't always look natural catching the ball. He has the size/speed to be a very good player if he gets with the right coaches. Good attitude and a hard worker by all accounts.

Round 5 (A): Arthur Moats-OLB-James Madison: A OLB that can get to the QB and in a hurry. He may steal at this point in mid/later rounds for a team running a 3-4, Thompson snatches him up quickly.

Round 5 (B): Walter Thurmond III-CB-Oregon: A nasty knee injury ruined his 2009 season. Until then Thurmond was a high draft pick. I would select him and either PUP or IR him if he isn't fully healed. When he was healthy he was everything you would look for in a CB.

Round 6 (
A): Jevan Snead-QB-Ole Miss: Snead has all kinds of tools, strong arm, fairly accurate and proto-typical size, but had a very poor JR. season. Many questioned why he even came out, but Mike McCarthy gets his young QB here and will have time to groom him.

Round 6 (
B): Kevin Haslim-OT-Rutgers: A RT or G in the NFL. Has good size and is a strong, powerful blocker that could start down the road. Would provide the Packers depth should they decide to deal Darryn Colledge and make T.J. Lang the full time LG.

Round 7: C.J. Wilson-DE-E. Carolina: A big strong guy that can be a really good depth guy in the 3-4. Has had some injury questions, but flashed enough ability to be drafted. Could be a steal in round 7.

Arrigo's Mock Drafts

I think that everyone always loves Arrigo's Mocks because he slides players down to rounds they would never slide to. I don't think
Burnett will last until our pick in the second but there is a chance. I don't see Akwasi slipping that far as well as Moats and I don't see how he expects Carlton Mitchell to slide to late 4th round or C.J Wilson to go to the 7th. Highly Unlikely but I do hope he proves me wrong.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmn... I've read quite a bit of mock drafts having Burnett available to our 3rd. AOA I've seen go to the 4th round, he's a real project. Moats I think it's right, but there's no way C.J. Wilson lasts to the 7th. The 5th seems more accurate to me.

BUT, Mitch King was supposedly a 2nd round talent last year...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sold on the idea of taking Jahvid Best with a first round pick, too much money for too much uncertainty if you ask me. Akwasi Owusuh Ansah is now strictly off my board, again too much risk because after watching his tape I didn't really see anything to WOW me. Jason Fox is good in my books but Kevin Haslim is absolutely terrible. Anthony Davis was the lone star of that Rutgers O-line, if Kyle Calloway or Mike Johnson from Alabama are still there then I'd go for one of them. Burnett is fine as a second round pick, he's severely underrated.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd love Jahvid in round 2. Great value there. First round is too high, though, I think.

Any draft that rids us of Jarrett Bush is a productive draft, though.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry..........but there is no way I would take a guy with concussion issues.....or any other major injury issues..before he even steps on the field.........in the 1st round. If I'm wrong......I'm wrong. Too many healthy guys to pick from. The only position on offense I want to see.........in the 1st round.....is on our offensive line. No receivers, running backs, Tight ends........and espesially no Tebow.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta be honest... I really hope the draft doesn't shake out this way....I don't really feel like there are many high impact players for the 2010 season.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack doesn't draft a Tackle, CB, or Safety in the 1st round, I don't think the rest of the draft will go too well. IMO.

Members online

Latest posts