1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Armstrong considering return from retirement

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    "While I'm absolutely enjoying my time as a retired athlete with Sheryl and the kids, the recent smear campaign out of France has awoken my competitive side,'' Armstrong said. "I'm not willing to put a percentage on the chances, but I will no longer rule it out.''

This made me smile! I hope he comes back an gets his number eight. Maybe then that'll shut them up.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, how nice would it be to see Armstrong destroy the French in their own back yard (again)?

3. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I do not follow bike racing but it would be nice to see him do it again just to stick it to the French! (The most ungrateful country in the world)

4. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Associated Press Friday, August 5, 2005; 11:00 PM PARIS, France -- Lance Armstrong's record setting seventh Tour de France victory, along with his entire Tour de France legacy, may be tarnished by what could turn out to be one of the greatest sports scandals of all time. Armstrong is being quizzed by French police after three banned substances were found in his South France hotel room while on vacation after winning the 2005 Tour de France. The three substances found were toothpaste, deodorant, and soap... which have been banned by French authorities for over 75 years. Armstrong's girlfriend, American rocker Sheryl Crowe, is quoted as saying "We use them every day in America, so we naturally thought they'd be ok throughout Europe."

Along with these three banned substances, French authorities also physically searched Armstrong and found several other interesting items that they had never seen before, including a backbone and testicles.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    LOL NC, that was great.

6. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like you, Phil, I could really care less about bicycling, but I really love his attitude in concerns to these accusations. When will the French learn to quit, give up, surrender? oops.

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    bahahahaha...that last sentence really did it for me. good stuff NC.

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    stick it to em lance, from a fellow biker.

9. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    LOL :D

10. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Haaahaaaahahaaaaaaa... nicely done!

11. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally something we agree on, Phil! :wink:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

12. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They did't know what toothpaste was in France? I thought they invented it there because if it had been any where else they would have called it "teethpaste". :mrgreen:

13. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I heard the French were accusing Lance Armstrong of using three banned substances - soap, shampoo, and toothpaste.

Just because the French don't believe in hygiene, does it mean the rest of the world shouldn't like to clean up once in a while?

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    lol. cold blooded