Arliss Beach

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he was working against 2nd stringers...but he was also playing behind 2nd stringers for much or all of his performance Saturday. The kid has an awesome burst through the hole, gets his pads down REAL low...reminds me of Ahman in that regard.....and is decisive in his attack. I have a feeling we are going to see alot of this kid in the next week or weeks. If I were a RB on this team, I would be checking the rearview looking for Beach. To me, it would be Herron or Davenport as the odd man out as I think the team really likes what Gado has to offer.

Yes, it would be a risk going this young at a key position, but the kid really did show something Saturday.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, ive been hearing his name a while(reporters,coaches) yet havent seen him do much at all until this last week, when he powered for 50 yards.

The problem that I see immediately is...we have too many backs, and I dont wanna cut any of them.

Ahman
Gado
Najeh
Herron
Brown
Beach

and unless Beach is seriously having a shot to make the team, I would like to see more Herron\Gado\Brown.

However, if Beach can play some FULLBACK too....

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't have the size to double as fullback. Herron is consistent if unspectacular. Davenport, when healty, is a nice threat. Tough calls in the coming weeks.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Herron doesnt have the size to double as FB either, but is supposedly solid at it.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I agree with Trom, too many Backs and dont want to see any of them cut but someone has to go. But if they do keep beach he wouldn't play much because of Green/Davenport/Gado

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked what I saw from Beach too. It was a noticeable improvement from having Davenport in there. But I think Davenport could make the roster just because he's so different from the others. He's our only power back. Beach is more like a less-proven version of Green, Gado, or Herron, so it will be an uphill battle for him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts