1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Aren't you glad we took Hawk!

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by digsthepack, Sep 7, 2007.

1. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For those still bent about our not taking Vernon Davis, read on.

Niners seriously need Davis to harness his emotions

Sept. 7, 2007

With his tremendous combination of size, strength and speed, Niners second-year TE Vernon Davis is widely considered on the cusp of a breakthrough season, with the Niners’ offense expected to take more advantage of his eye-popping skill set. So what’s the problem? In the words of one team insider, “The guy has a million-dollar game but a 10-cent head.” Davis the head case was on display in the Niners’ preseason finale against the Chargers in San Diego when he decided to imitate the sack dance made famous by San Diego’s Shawne Merriman after making a catch for a first down on his team’s third possession of the game. Davis' actions couldn’t have been more self-indulgent, and the Chargers’ partisan crowd wasted little time letting him know it with an outpouring of boos that only served to fire up the Chargers. Put simply, we hear the Niners are more than a little concerned about the lack of maturity and professionalism the emotional Davis seems to display far too often. According to our aforementioned insider, Davis “continues to show a combination of arrogance and ignorance that reminds a lot of people of the way Terrell Owens used to act when he was on the team.” Davis has talked the talk a lot more than walking the walk so far in his career, which has resulted in a fair amount of skepticism from a Niners fan base waiting anxiously to see him develop into the total package both physically and mentally before deciding to embrace him.

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Hawk is a stud. Definitely someone you could build your defense around. Good pick indeed.

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Vernon Davis = roid freak.. something about that cat has HGH and roids written all over him..

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup....and by the sounds of what he is to his team, i'd say the word was
    HEMMOROID!!! (A pain in the........you know!)LOLOL!!! :lol:

5. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hawk will the Favre of this next Packer generation. He will be our Urlacher. The guy does it all, INT, tackles, sacks, etc. ALL will little celebration or attention to himself. He is truly a class act, and anchor this team to the playoffs in years to come.

Side note: I respect Urlacher even more after his comments about Shaun Merriman and his "lights out" dance.

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah me too. Merriman is a cheat anyway.

7. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hawk is an immense player and will be even better this season.

If the D can play just 10% beter than last season we WILL have a winning season and get in the palayoffs.

And once there the O will carry us further.

I can but dream.

8. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that you mean "just 10% better than the second part of last season". There were games where the secondary was brutal. But I think that it got cleaned up towards the end.

9. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL That, I like :D

Chris

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That made me laugh too Chris!!! :lol:

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    No one would rather Davis over Hawk, that's a no brainer after seeing one season of them in the pros.

No one.

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,920
    so far 2-night he has one catch for 2 yards..