are you kidding

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TT wont pick up any playmakes on offense. He only wants rookies and defensive players........

He just signs Bubba and DD to extensions, and not allow them to go anywhere esle..

( Bubba was at the time a big worry about fans to keep him here)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfanforever said:
TT wont pick up any playmakes on offense. He only wants rookies and defensive players........

He just signs Bubba and DD to extensions, and not allow them to go anywhere esle..

and watching him play in preseason...looks like it wasnt a retarded move.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Packerfanforever said:

and watching him play in preseason...looks like it wasnt a retarded move.
Big Bubba looks ready to play this year! (WHEW!!!)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This has been brought up NUMEROUS times..But I think SOME people seem to forget the players Ted has re-signed or giving extensions..

Its like those people dont count at all..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This has been brought up NUMEROUS times..But I think SOME people seem to forget the players Ted has re-signed or giving extensions..

that doesnt count!! cmon man you know better!! those players signed life time contracts and suck an no other team (Vikings) would ever try to sign any of them!!!!!!!!!!!

:shaking head:

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

that doesnt count!! cmon man you know better!! those players signed life time contracts and suck an no other team (Vikings) would ever try to sign any of them!!!!!!!!!!!
10000 posts huh, i can see why. do you ever respond about football, or are all your post some lame, snide comment about nothing!?

the thread is about how the packers are under the cap, and have 1 player with experience at a skill position, if that guy(#80) gets hurt, then what?

your brilliant football rseponse is: yeah, but we signed bubba, Freaking HILARIOUS!!!!!!
talk about living in the past. it is almost as funny as the idiot running around with stalker count 0 in his sig!

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:pop:

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

You mean the guys originally signed by Wolf and Sherman?

They don't seem to get credit for those original signings at all.

Somehow it's all Ted's doing.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

hey, how ever they can twist it to fit their needs on this forum. this has to be the only place you go, where the members of the forum, are comfortable w/TT choices this off-season. there is no need to sign a vetran RB or WR, even if you are under the cap, and have very little experience.
they reply with, yeah but, TT resigned Bubba!
i think it has to do with the fact that most members on this forum are not from WI. something is just not right here.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:

10000 posts huh, i can see why. do you ever respond about football, or are all your post some lame, snide comment about nothing!?

the thread is about how the packers are under the cap, and have 1 player with experience at a skill position, if that guy(#80) gets hurt, then what?

your brilliant football rseponse is: yeah, but we signed bubba, Freaking HILARIOUS!!!!!!
talk about living in the past. it is almost as funny as the idiot running around with stalker count 0 in his sig!

That's me, offer nothing, never did Play by Play, surely didn't make a highlight video of every regular season Packer game last season, never gave Ryan ideas or suggestions and most definitely never talk about the Packers here. I'm poopJunk.

Fuzznuts said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

hey, how ever they can twist it to fit their needs on this forum. this has to be the only place you go, where the members of the forum, are comfortable w/TT choices this off-season. there is no need to sign a vetran RB or WR, even if you are under the cap, and have very little experience.
i think it has to do with the fact that most members on this forum are not from WI. something is just not right here.

Ron Wolf
  • QB - Brett Favre
    WR - Donald Driver
    TE - Bubba Franks
    LT - Chad Clifton
    RT - Mark Tauscher
    LS - Rob Davis

Mike Sherman
  • C - Scott Wells
    DE - Aaron Kampman
    DE - Cullen Jenkins
    MLB - Nick Barnett
    CB - Al Harris

Ted Thompson
  • RB - Vernand Morency
    FB - Brandon Miree
    WR - Greg Jennings
    LG - Daryn Colledge
    RG - Jason Spitz
    DT - Ryan Pickett
    DT - Justin Harrell
    WLB - AJ Hawk
    SLB - Brady Poppinga
    CB - Charles Woodson
    FS - Nick Collins
    SS - Marquand Manuel
    K - Dave Rayner
    P - Jon Ryan
    KR - Will Blackmon
    PR - Will Blackmon

Now that means nothing to you, I know, because its something you can not comprehend, however you say that everyone at PF.com is 'comfortable with Ted's off season approach'.

I strongly disagree. Some are, yes, the majority are NOT. I would rather understand that the majority of the Packer fans at PF.com understand no matter how much whining, *****ing and annoying childish remarks they make it will not change the clock back to give Ted another chance to sign say ... Randy Moss or whoever. Instead most of the Packer fans at PF.com just want to enjoy their favorite football team as the season is about to begin in just a matter of weeks. That's just a thought, I could be wrong. It's the category I fall in though. I'd have loved to see more action, but I know *****ing about it won't change anything and I'm not going to let that ruin my enjoyment of watching my favorite NFL football team, the Green Bay Packers kick some *** this season. I suppose you can let the fact that we signed essentially no free agents this off season ruin your enjoyment of the Packers season starting.

I and many others, will not.

Remember, there is always two sides to a story, not just yours. Heck, what do I know though, all my posts are lame, snide comments about nothing.

NOTE : about the roster, thats from Packers.com. It lists D. Lee as TE, but I really believe Franks will start. For accuracy purposes remove one from Wolf and add one for Ted.

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT gets credit for extending Driver and Franks because he would get the blame for it as well. If those deals blow up on him I'm sure there will be plent of people lining up to Crucify him for making a poor decision. Quite frankly I could care less who drafted who. To me TT is at this point responsible for every person on that team, both positive and negative. At the begining of free agency he had the cap money to cut anyone he wanted or go out and add players he wanted. Instead he chose to stand pat. To me that says he is comfortable with the team. I certainly would have liked to see him be much more aggressive in free agency, but that's me projecting my plan onto him. It's clearly not his style or part of his plan to be aggressive in free ageny. The thing is it's his job and at this point its up to him play his hand and see how it works out.

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard decision to re-up two pro=bowl players.

:roll:

If it's such an easy decison why do we have an entire thread devoted to the argument that Bubba sucks?

I'm off on vacation for the next week and don't know if I'll have internet access so you guys have fun and play nice.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because some people don't deal with reality here.

Bubba had to stay in and block mostly for the last two years because we had a rookie team, and a rookie O-line.

When he did get the occaisonal pass thrown to him he dropped it, imo, because or rust.

We will see this year whether Bubba has lost it or not.

I say no.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The fact that they were Pro Bowlers is all the more reason it was hard to re-sign them. Many players (ie Javon Walker) after having a Pro Bowl year want to test the market or cash in big time.

Other teams were surely going to be after our Pro Bowlers and Ted was able to retain them.

Try to see a side other than yours.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

Actually there have been a lot of complaints on this forum about Thompson not making a stronger effort in free agency. I'm one of many who was disappointed that he didn't pick up at least one impact player in free agency, given the cap room he had to work with.

The difference between you and most of us here is that we don't feel the need to harp about this subject OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER until we're blue in the face. Thompson has made his choices, the team is showing improvement, the season is about to start, and I for one am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Almost every comment you've made on this forum has been a variation on one of two themes:

1. Thompson didn't do enough in free agency, and
2. Fans pick on Brett Favre too much.

You have a very narrow agenda, and as long as that's the case, you're going to have a credibility problem.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thompson has made his choices, the team is showing improvement, the season is about to start, and I for one am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
let's talk about your credability

what proof do you have this team is improved?

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he does that.

here is yet another wonderful post about football from another poster. about par for this forum.
yeah, i enjoyed that quick burst b-jack showed against the jags on thurs.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thompson has made his choices, the team is showing improvement, the season is about to start, and I for one am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

From a very "credible" source:

Link

I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.

I hope we stay healthy and have a great season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Yeah, he does that.

here is yet another wonderful post about football from another poster. about par for this forum.

You seem to mock the forum in every other post now. I think it might be time for you to find another forum.

If I was only a mod.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Greg C. said:

From a very "credible" source:

Link

I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.

I hope we stay healthy and have a great season.

Yeah, he's a hypocrite. We've established that, but it's still 'hallarious' to see.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Let's talk about your creditability...

-Brandon Jackson-does not have the burst
How did Brandon Jackson do?
Brandon Jackson - I thought we got him going there in the third quarter. I don't know if he had a whole lot of running room frankly in the first two quarters. I think he showed what he's capable of doing. He has excellent burst and quickness. He is definitely a threat when he gets to the second level. I thought he had some nice runs. I thought he played physical. From what I've seen, I thought he did a pretty good job in the pass protection, so he's a young man that needs to play
Source Link

Members online

Latest posts