Are you impressed by Brent's starting record?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once it interferes with what is best for the team, then it gets tricky. So playing while injured with the Jets was admirable?

Well, as often as Brett's been dinged-up, how did he know he had a torn bicep or whatever it was?

Brett's not a candy *** and really when you look at the current state of affairs, it's terribly admirable.

This much I can guarantee you: Favre with a torn biceps is still a better option than Kellen Clemons. :)

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as often as Brett's been dinged-up, how did he know he had a torn bicep or whatever it was?

He's been in the NFL for a long time and doesn't know how a Torn Bicep feels? Sounds pretty odd to me, but that could just be me.

This much I can guarantee you: Favre with a torn biceps is still a better option than Kellen Clemons. :)

You know this how?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I care - but nobody cares for my opinions 'round these parts. :)
Someone's gotta be the devil's advocate. You provide us a valuable service. I'd be bored if we all sat around agreeing with each other.

---BACK ON TOPIC---

He who says this streak isn't very, very impressive is letting their hatred blind them. If Rodgers had started a billion games in a row, we'd all brag about it.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
He's been in the NFL for a long time and doesn't know how a Torn Bicep feels? Sounds pretty odd to me, but that could just be me.

You know this how?

Actually, everything aside, this is probably the huge difference between people born and raised on the country side, as opposed to those raised in the cities and other sub-urban environments ...

"Country Boys" (or whatever you call it in the states ? Hill Billy's ? LOL) are less likely to see a doctor whenever they get an "ailment" what ever that may be ... - And thus also more likely to "ignore" it and go on, despite the fact that consulting a doctor and getting it fixed would have been better ...

It has nothing to do with anyone purposefully "hiding" it, but more to do how you were raised ... And considering "Big Irv" ... that doesn't really comes as a surprise, does it ???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, everything aside, this is probably the huge difference between people born and raised on the country side, as opposed to those raised in the cities and other sub-urban environments ...

"Country Boys" (or whatever you call it in the states ? Hill Billy's ? LOL) are less likely to see a doctor whenever they get an "ailment" what ever that may be ... - And thus also more likely to "ignore" it and go on, despite the fact that consulting a doctor and getting it fixed would have been better ...

It has nothing to do with anyone purposefully "hiding" it, but more to do how you were raised ... And considering "Big Irv" ... that doesn't really comes as a surprise, does it ???

He told the Jets he couldnt play and he shouldn't play..Recall the whole issue this past year that the Jets didnt list him?

Brett new it was a torn bicep so who ever?? is using the excuse he didnt know is ill-informed..or not as knowledgeable about Brett as they think..They had MRI done for gods sake

Better yet here is a FACT

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4462072"]NFL looking into Brett Favre's comments that Jets knew about torn biceps tendon, but wasn't on injury report - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4463351@@AMEPARAM@@4463351[/ame]

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum admitted Thursday the team should have disclosed Brett Favre's torn biceps tendon on mandatory weekly injury reports over the final third of last season.

but yeah Brett didnt know what it felt like even tho he had same exact thing on left arm years ago

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
He told the Jets he couldnt play and he shouldn't play..Recall the whole issue this past year that the Jets didnt list him?

Brett new it was a torn bicep so who ever?? is using the excuse he didnt know is ill-informed..or not as knowledgeable about Brett as they think..They had MRI done for gods sake

Better yet here is a FACT

NFL looking into Brett Favre's comments that Jets knew about torn biceps tendon, but wasn't on injury report - ESPN

but yeah Brett didnt know what it felt like even tho he had same exact thing on left arm years ago

I didn't say he didn't know it ... Nor did I refute the fact that he told the Jets management (who are actually more to blame here ... in case that slipped your attention ?) ...

What I did say was (and that is actually a demographic fact as well (just look at all the studies made in that field on that particular subject as well ...) that some people are more prone to "overlook" some ailments, and just "go on", DESPITE the fact that consulting a doctor would be the best course of action ... (please read my post ...)

With Favre's background and upbringing and considering his father ... that is certainly not unthinkable is it ? ...

You seem to read something into my comment that I actually did NOT write ...

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's great that you're from Denmark and all... but that just seems kind of ignorant to me.

I live in Southern Maryland, which is a rural, farming community. We have plenty of your "Country Boys" (I certainly am not one of them, not originally from here) here. They know to go to a doctor when one is required.

The "Hill Billy" that you are thinking of is a lot more scarce than what you have probably been told, and I certainly wouldn't consider Brett Favre to be one

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't say he didn't know it ... Nor did I refute the fact that he told the Jets management (who are actually more to blame here ... in case that slipped your attention ?) ...

What I did say was (and that is actually a demographic fact as well (just look at all the studies made in that field on that particular subject as well ...) that some people are more prone to "overlook" some ailments, and just "go on", DESPITE the fact that consulting a doctor would be the best course of action ... (please read my post ...)

With Favre's background and upbringing and considering his father ... that is certainly not unthinkable is it ? ...

You seem to read something into my comment that I actually did NOT write ...

Wasnt you I was referring to :)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's great that you're from Denmark and all... but that just seems kind of ignorant to me.

I live in Southern Maryland, which is a rural, farming community. We have plenty of your "Country Boys" (I certainly am not one of them, not originally from here) here. They know to go to a doctor when one is required.

The "Hill Billy" that you are thinking of is a lot more scarce than what you have probably been told, and I certainly wouldn't consider Brett Favre to be one
Right.
And also all the players are surrounded by all sorts of med staff who will treat them any time they need it. Free of charge.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think I've said it over and over ... I don't give a **** about the QB of the Minnesota Vikings. never have and never will.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quientus, so you're blaming the Jets staff for not getting him off the field? I think even if they tried, it wouldn't work because he always wants to play even when he shouldn't. He was one of the contributing factors to why the Jets didn't reach the playoffs. He is also the reason they got a better record then they did in 07, but you'd think a veteran like him would be able to know when to just sit out or not. The Jets staff should have blame, but to act like Favre didn't know anything about his Torn Biceps is complete BS.

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing about the Jets............ BF led them to a non-playoff record of 9-7 in the 2008 season .......... A rookie QB (Sanchez) leads them to a play-off bound record of 9-7 in 2009. .......... Maybe BF's season as a Jet was even worse than it appeared at the time .............. Oh ....... that's right ........ BF was hurt ......... And Sadam Hussein really isn't dead............. He works part-time at the Pentagon.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought never missing a day of work was something to be admired. But thats me I guess.
When a worker shows up at work just to pick up a check or an award injured and is a detrement to the workers around him. He needs to go home.
A good forman will send an injured or sick worker home if that situation occurs. Bert had the foreman so buffaloed he did whatever he wanted sometimes to the detrement to the team.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When a worker shows up at work just to pick up a check or an award injured and is a detrement to the workers around him. He needs to go home.
A good forman will send an injured or sick worker home if that situation occurs. Bert had the foreman so buffaloed he did whatever he wanted sometimes to the detrement to the team.

I don't believe Brett was "sick". He had a torn biceps and I believe a slightly torn rotator cuff (which he's probably had for years). Couple this with the fact that it was not diagnosed until AFTER the season.

It's all speculation as to the extent of injury discussions, not to mention the fact one would expect the COACH to make a decision on who plays - not players.

So you have ManGenius thinking, "Hmmm....75% Brett Favre or Kellen Clemens???"

Coaches make personnel decisions; players play.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You keep on thinking Brent is that ol' unselfish Country Boy. Looks like it will do you a world of good to be living in a fantasy when it's getting close to playoff time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

1) I know that a "Hill Billy" is used in a derotarory term mostly in the states ...

2) Since you are living in the country side, - you must know this as well :) ...

3) As I said, there has been made studies on this particular subject, and it is actually more common for people that are "raised" in the country side to "ignore" "ailments" more than "city-people" ...

Again not saying that it is the case here, however, it isn't something you can just dismiss, when it comes to Favre, especially not considering how his father has been portrayed by both his own family, as well as those close to him (Favre Senior I'm referring to here ...) ...

Wasnt you I was referring to :)

My bad, just thought it was, since you were quoting me ... :)

As for Favre not getting benched because of the injuries ... - Well again look at the context ... Favre is from another "breed" of NFL players ... - He is from another generation ... Most players from his (Favre's) generation were "taught" and "told" to "suck it up" and play ... That too has to considered, were as today, as most of you would probably agree ... There tends to be alot more "fuddling" about the players ...

Not saying that it is a bad thing, however, again, something to consider as well ... Just look around the league ... And I'm not saying that players have become more "pussified" (no pun intended), however that is just how the game has developed, since it goes in direct regard to the NFL "protecting" it's investment ...

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a farmer my entire life, I also have a degree in communications (yes I know I don't write very well, c's and d's get degrees). I don't think in this day and age we bumpkins go to the doctor any more or any less than you uptown slick colored socks wearin' shysters. I think it's a man thing. Studies show that men avoid doctors more than women. Put Bert's ego on top of that and you've got a live streak.

I'm laughing how he's now blaming the J-E-T-S Jets, or at least implying that they somehow had a hand in forcing him to play as an excuse for massively sucking. You couldn't have drug that egomaniacal record ***** off the field if his arm not only had a torn bicep, but fell off and was replaced with a baling hook attached to a hickory switch. Wake up worshipers, the man's life revolves around him in some mystical medical haze where he wears his uniform under a business suit looking for the next phone booth to disrobe in. In 07 he looked like our own beloved John Hadl frozen in carbonite while the rest of the team didn't even wear sleaves.
Drop the super human crap, he's human with a greek god's ego.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I've been a farmer my entire life, I also have a degree in communications (yes I know I don't write very well, c's and d's get degrees). I don't think in this day and age we bumpkins go to the doctor any more or any less than you uptown slick colored socks wearin' shysters. I think it's a man thing. Studies show that men avoid doctors more than women. Put Bert's ego on top of that and you've got a live streak.

I'm laughing how he's now blaming the J-E-T-S Jets, or at least implying that they somehow had a hand in forcing him to play as an excuse for massively sucking. You couldn't have drug that egomaniacal record ***** off the field if his arm not only had a torn bicep, but fell off and was replaced with a baling hook attached to a hickory switch. Wake up worshipers, the man's life revolves around him in some mystical medical haze where he wears his uniform under a business suit looking for the next phone booth to disrobe in. In 07 he looked like our own beloved John Hadl frozen in carbonite while the rest of the team didn't even wear sleaves.
Drop the super human crap, he's human with a greek god's ego.

I'm sorry, but I didn't see that he was blaming the Jets ... - All he said was that the Jets management knew that he was injured ...

To some, Favre just can't say anything, because if he does you yap this, and if he doesn't - you yap that ...

Just look at how the media spun the whole debacle about Rothlisberger sitting out a few games due to concussion ... - Some (even players) suggested that he should have just "sucked it up" and played (because they did ... - not making it more right ...), and others agreed that it was the right decision ...

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry i have to politely disagree with you. "The Jets knew" is an excuse. The problem with Bert is he needs to shut the Hell up, play football and muzzle his agent. Manning doesn't have these problems.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again - it's not Brett's job to have the ultimate say in personnel decisions, unless he's actually the head coach of every team he's played for.
That's part of what got his *** kicked out of GreenBay. Bert wants to be the coach and it was again exposed with his kindergarten rant with Chilly. Wake up dude he's an ego maniac.

Members online

Latest posts