Are you impressed by Brent's starting record?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should I be?
Because right now, I'm not.
Why?
Because he's the QB.
And the QB hardly ever gets touched when compared to other players who get touched, knocked around and are in contact on way way more plays then the QB.
(The only exception to this are the kickers. Yay Mason! Ya got your mojo back!)
Yeah, I know. The old fart is 40. And there are QBs who have had carrer or season ending injuries. (Joe Theisman, Tom Brady)
But the QB gets protection on every pass attempt and on every hand off he steps away while the runner gets hit.
And aren't there other QBs who have started and played every game from their first one to their last?
I would be more impressed by another player who gets roughed up on every play every Sunday.

Your thoughts? Discuss?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers passed for over 4,000 yards last year with a less than spectacular offensive line, he does it again this year and almost breaks the all time leading passing record for a packer. It leads me to question, what if Rodgers was the QB for the packers for the 16 years that Favre played? Would we still have such a glorious history because I'm certainly starting to question whether Favre is truly special because we have a QB that looks like he can do just as much as what Favre can. Sorry, just venting, hope it answers your question.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers passed for over 4,000 yards last year with a less than spectacular offensive line, he does it again this year and almost breaks the all time leading passing record for a packer. It leads me to question, what if Rodgers was the QB for the packers for the 16 years that Favre played? Would we still have such a glorious history because I'm certainly starting to question whether Favre is truly special because we have a QB that looks like he can do just as much as what Favre can. Sorry, just venting, hope it answers your question.
Nah man. That's cool. We cool.
This is a Packer forum where any talk about anything about the Pack is open for discussion.
(Bummer about the Giants losing today, huh? I like the Manning bros. Giants just looked deflated and probably figured "Well, we don't have anything to lose. Take it easy and let's not let anyone get injured.")

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah man. That's cool. We cool.
This is a Packer forum where any talk about anything about the Pack is open for discussion.
(Bummer about the Giants losing today, huh? I like the Manning bros. Giants just looked deflated and probably figured "Well, we don't have anything to lose. Take it easy and let's not let anyone get injured.")

Thanx man, and by the way I HATE the giants lol. this is why I'm a cheesehead living in giants territory. GO PACK GO!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Should I be?
Because right now, I'm not.
Why?
Because he's the QB.
And the QB hardly ever gets touched when compared to other players who get touched, knocked around and are in contact on way way more plays then the QB.
(The only exception to this are the kickers. Yay Mason! Ya got your mojo back!)
Yeah, I know. The old fart is 40. And there are QBs who have had carrer or season ending injuries. (Joe Theisman, Tom Brady)
But the QB gets protection on every pass attempt and on every hand off he steps away while the runner gets hit.
And aren't there other QBs who have started and played every game from their first one to their last?
I would be more impressed by another player who gets roughed up on every play every Sunday.

Your thoughts? Discuss?

You are quite honestly biased, and also somewhat delusional if you cannot be impressed by Favre's starting record ... Pretty much EVERY player in the NFL would tell you how an astounding feat that is in itself ...

Apparently you haven't really been watching NFL for that long, because if you had, you would know the rules about hits on the quarterback got changed AFTER Brady was injured ... Before that happened quarterbacks weren't as "protected" (by the ref's) as they were before ...

Most likely it is a record that (probably) never will be broken ... - Even for Manning to break it, it would require him to play atleast what ? 8 more (full) seasons if not more ? (haven't done the math yet on this one I'll admit, so it's a rough estimate) ...

How many quarterbacks have retired due to being hit too many times ? ... - Heck even Rothlisberger, who is a very tough guy, have had his shares of quite the heavy hits, leaving him out of games with severe concussions ...

Honestly, if you are going to rail on Favre, atleast use some valid arguements, and not just try to spew forth your nonsense, because you just don't like the man ... - Whether or not you like him, really isn't the point, but more so how he actually performs and has performed, which has been very close to "Second to none", through out his entire career ...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yes, I'm impressed with his starting record. That is no small feat considering some of the injuries he has had, and the blind side hits QBs take through their careers. Farve is an Iron man. However, you also have to put an asterix next to his record in the sense he kept it going at the expense of his last team the Jets when really he should have been sidelined with that torn bicep.

Sure, Brent has turned into the biggest douchelpop in NFL history, but you can't dismiss his stats and records.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again the hatred of the man clouds reason. I don't know of any other qb that has coughed up blood and finished the game. He recieved a cincussion during a game agianst NY and came in 2 plays later to throw a td.

This is the kind of revisionist bs that sets me off. Hate the guy as that is your right. But when you post things like this it just shows that you either very young and havn't watched him play, or you are consumed with hate and cannot accept who he is as a player.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, you people are thinking that with a name like forget brent he will post logical stuff?

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, you people are thinking that with a name like forget brent he will post logical stuff?

Yet anyone who says something positive about Favre is told he is a man lover. Not lumping you in with that group LT, but crazy claims such as this thread have to be exposed.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again the hatred of the man clouds reason. I don't know of any other qb that has coughed up blood and finished the game. He recieved a cincussion during a game agianst NY and came in 2 plays later to throw a td.

This is the kind of revisionist bs that sets me off. Hate the guy as that is your right. But when you post things like this it just shows that you either very young and havn't watched him play, or you are consumed with hate and cannot accept who he is as a player.
Yet again and again you keep rising to his bait and replying to him. It goes both ways, you guys troll him w/ the Favre > * and he trolls you w/ the Burn Faver sucks. Pretty lulzy if you ask me.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Yet again and again you keep rising to his bait and replying to him. It goes both ways, you guys troll him w/ the Favre > * and he trolls you w/ the Burn Faver sucks. Pretty lulzy if you ask me.

I'm sorry, but what you are saying seems like you are having an arguement in your own mind ?

None of us have said that "Favre > all", however, what we are saying is that - despite his flaws - he *is* still playing at an incredibly high level of performance (even at age 40) ...

It is when alot of you insistently keep railing (and trolling) with stats (taken out of context, and a few games that happens to be played in the late season), that some of us actually use those same stats to refute your claims ...

We all understand that to alot of you, you simply just don't like the man, which is perfectly fine, however, just as alot of you say, just accept the fact that there are several (Packer) fans across the States (and in the world), who are still (Packer) fans while also wanting to see Favre fare and play well ...

And for the ***-th time ... - I'm NOT a "Packerfan" nor a "Vikingsfan" perce, I just happen to like watching both of those teams ... - In fact it's a pretty good situation for me atm, because 3 teams I really like are in the play offs (all NFC teams incidently) ... each with a pretty good shot at ending up in the Super Bowl ... As compared to some of my other friends, who keeps on cheering on the Saints and the Chargers ... (all though I could accept the Chargers ...)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow - the old adage "If you can't beat 'em, bludgeon 'em" couldn't be more fitting for many on this forum. But, what it shows is frustration - the emotion that usually sets in before reality.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow - the old adage "If you can't beat 'em, bludgeon 'em" couldn't be more fitting for many on this forum. But, what it shows is frustration - the emotion that usually sets in before reality.
Just trying to take a page our of your book man ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The difference being, I bludgeon people with facts as opposed to insults.

You do?

LOL~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the facts the Brett played top defenses thats why he had his December slumps?

Your NOW officially trying to be a troll

** save this post along with his I say so stuff for future reference**

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have yet to insult anyone, just point out the fact that both sides are doing the same thing. Bringing up Favre in one way or another to get a rise out of either person.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lets look at some of his posts

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18894-106-4-boyz-4.html

You are a very unreliable poster and you have proven that what you say about the Brett Favre situation is based on all speculation and conjecture and no facts.
http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18814-i-called-2.html

Minnesota's is going to lose to New York,
Minny is gonna have to play probably New York again, maybe Dallas. They're in trouble, possibly with a bye, and definitely without.
Then the most famous one, showed him how wrong he was, then he goes and changed the criteria on his assesment when shown he was wrong..

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18814-i-called-3.html

Originally Posted by longtimefan
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Not so sure your argument holds any water?

I think you're not understanding the rankings. The rankings of the pass defense were the rankings AT THE TIME the games were played, obviously, or maybe not.
http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18814-i-called-4.html

I been asking him since 12-27 to give me the proof he is claiming.

At the time huh?

So in 4 games, each of those teams dropped WAY down in rankings?

since your adding yet ANOTHER reason, why not show us what each of those teams rankings were at THE TIME to back up your claim?
So read it and weep fellas..

Haush likes to talk about stats and how he is right, but never really brings anything to back up his claims and is constantly yelling others how they dont use any facts..

What a hypocrite

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But - how can I say this nicely but bluntly - you guys are wasting your time. Brett Favre had a terrific season, so the haters lost. Don't you get it? Move on and put your focus on which teams Green Bay needs to face to be able to make it to the Super Bowl instead of whining and complaining and trying to remove me from this forum. Be productive, people!

Members online

Latest posts