Are you happy now that Javon is gone ??

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Exactly. I don't think what he did was good in any way, but he didn't leave the Vikings or the Raiders high and dry. Culpepper is the reason Moss was traded from Minnesota, not Moss. As much as Moss was a jerk, he still showed up and played his *** off. He didn't threaten to hold out or not play.

Exactly. He didnt hold out. You know why? Because he didnt have to hold out. They rewarded him with what i believe was the highest contract ever, or maybe just for a receiver.

He said in an interview that "he didnt know if Mike Tice was the best coach for the team". How can you say that to the media and look your coach in the face. It shows no class and no respect for athority. I dont remember any player on any team in any sport doing that ever, at least not in the 18 years i've been a football fan. Its inexcusable.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody and their mother knew that Mike Tice wasn't the best coach for the team. He was the cheap coach for the team. Why did he get the highest contract for the reciever? Was it perhaps that he had shown over several years that he was the best receiver? Did he only have one good year and demand a higher paying contract? No he played and got paid for what he accomplished. No respect for authority means threatening to hold out and not playing when you are under contract. It means saying you would rather retire than play for the team you are under contract with ever again. Once again, I'm not saying that Moss is the ideal attitude wise, but at least he achieved star status before commenting on the coaching staff, and he has played whenever his teams have asked him to, even when he was hurt.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also Walker didn't have to hold out either, if he just shut up and played, he would of gotten a large contract also, be it with the Packers or somebody else. If he had played for the Packers this year instead of being a ******, and done well, he would of gotten a bigger contract than he is getting now.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
I suppose you're right and all the upset fans over Sherman drafting a punter were wrong. Let's just not bother analyzing TT's decisions, because it's obvious the team was able to function at the same level with Taco Wallace filling in for Javon Walker. Let's write-off last season's GM work because TT had no money, but ignor the fact that we ended the season $1.9 million under the salary cap.

Oh Yeah..

I forgot about "Taco Wallace"....

Man..it was a stroke of "GENIUS" for TT to sign that guy...!! Pure Genius...

I heard TT might sign his cousin "Burrito Burns"....(reminds of the stuff I had at Taco Bell last night...Ruined my shorts...!) :shock: :shock:

You go TT..you GENIUS you...!!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it is always a bad idea to try out different players from other teams at a position of weakness. Everybody knows that it is better to only look at the players you currently have on the roster and not try to get outside help, especially when it would affect the team in no way at all if the outside player didn't work out.

I really wish some people would think before they post things.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how every guy TT signs is supposed to be a pro bowler. Taco Wallace was signed because all our WRs died. Did you expect him to replace them with pro bowlers? Idiot(yes, you pack66, idiot)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I like how every guy TT signs is supposed to be a pro bowler. Taco Wallace was signed because all our WRs died. Did you expect him to replace them with pro bowlers? Idiot(yes, you pack66, idiot)

Gee..

Do you think that might have had something to do with Favre's 29 interceptions last year you f*****g moron you...??

(Glad you finally admit it..instead of just blaming Favre for it all..!!)

(and I see it didn't take you long to start hurling personal invective when someone disagrees with your sycophantic idolizing of TT...nice!)

Did you expect him to replace them with pro bowlers? Idiot(yes, you pack66, idiot)

Yeah..maybe TT should have talked to Walker LAST YEAR..and a pro-bowler would still be with GB..idiot..yeah you..Tromadz..you hypocritical..IDIOT!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SO when Walker got hurt...TT should have signed...Walker? That doesn't make sense, but that's what we've come to accept from your idiotic posts.

And I've said multiple times Favre is not alone in the blame of the 29 ints and ther 4-12 season. Everyone from TT, to sherm, to Favre, even Ahman shares the blame for 2005. But you probably ignored those statements, because thats what ignorant people do. I pity your children.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

Gee..

Do you think that might have had something to do with Favre's 29 interceptions last year you f*****g moron you...??

(Glad you finally admit it..instead of just blaming Favre for it all..!!)

(and I see it didn't take you long to start hurling personal invective when someone disagrees with your sycophantic idolizing of TT...nice!)

Did you expect him to replace them with pro bowlers? Idiot(yes, you pack66, idiot)

Yeah..maybe TT should have talked to Walker LAST YEAR..and a pro-bowler would still be with GB..idiot..yeah you..Tromadz..you hypocritical..IDIOT!

1st off Favre threw the ball up for grabs. Some of them were the lack of a playmaker on offense but others were completely Brett's fault.

2nd off TT did talk with Walker last year. He had no intentions of giving him a new contract last year. Walker made threats and handled the situation immature and handled it completely wrong. Walker is a great player but like Chris Mortenson reported today on ESPN Radio.. Walker was all about the money. 90% is the money and that's why Walker wanted out of Green Bay. TT wasn't ready to give in for a player who had one good year in his career.

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you say walker is all about the money. Hmmm.....who plays for free? Its easy for Favre to lash out at walker when he's making 500k/year when Favre probably has 100 million sitting in the bank. Nobody plays for free. If you want talent, you have to pay for it. If you dont want explosive talent, then trade it for a second rounder.

Why spend the time to draft someone, teach them the game, let them develop into a superstar, and then trade them for a player who MIGHT be good in 3 or 4 years.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh poor Walker, only making 7 million for a few years of work. Those are slave wages! How crazy of the Packers to pay him so little! Favre earned his money by playing hard. He did good he got rewarded. The same would of happened to Walker if he had half a brain which his wonderlic score suggests he doesn't. Fact is, he underperformed a couple years and the Packers didn't take away money from him. He overperformed one year and demanded more money.

Also you keep acting like they randomly decided to trade Walker. They didn't. He demanded it and they took what they could get.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
you say walker is all about the money. Hmmm.....who plays for free? Its easy for Favre to lash out at walker when he's making 500k/year when Favre probably has 100 million sitting in the bank. Nobody plays for free. If you want talent, you have to pay for it. If you dont want explosive talent, then trade it for a second rounder.

Why spend the time to draft someone, teach them the game, let them develop into a superstar, and then trade them for a player who MIGHT be good in 3 or 4 years.

That's exactly right...Flapackfan..exactly right...Some people LOVE untested ROOKIES...go figure..!

...the only problem is that on this forum you have some people who think TT can do no wrong...and will always take his side regardless or rationality or circumstance.....so there's no winning an argument here...even if you are correct.

..The funny thing is though...these are the same people who will be backpedaling and saying they didn't say this or didn't say that when they obviously did (Tromadz)..(even when quotes are dredged up to the contrary)...if TT's grand little experiment doesn't come to fruition in 3-4 years and he is ********** by Bob Harlan for another so-called GM "GENIUS" acquired from somewhere...

(and in their petulance they will call you sweet names like "ignorant" and a "moron" and brilliant things of this nature...)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said TT has done wrong and isn't perfect(Klemm)

How does it feel to be wrong in everything you say?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66 you really bring nothing new to the table. All you have done has been dissing every move TT makes. It gets old fast. Anytime facts are brought up you just don't respond. This has happened several times in the past week in different threads where you challenge me on something and I respond with the facts, and then nothing from you. I love that you say there are people that think TT can do no wrong, when most of the pro TT stuff said on here seems to be in defense of him when you say that he does everything wrong.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't say he's done EVERYTHING wrong...

(He's certainly done enough wrong to write a book though..! :wink:)

What facts haven't I responded to...?

Give me some facts..and I will respond to them!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
1st off Favre threw the ball up for grabs. Some of them were the lack of a playmaker on offense but others were completely Brett's fault.

2nd off TT did talk with Walker last year. He had no intentions of giving him a new contract last year. Walker made threats and handled the situation immature and handled it completely wrong. Walker is a great player but like Chris Mortenson reported today on ESPN Radio.. Walker was all about the money. 90% is the money and that's why Walker wanted out of Green Bay. TT wasn't ready to give in for a player who had one good year in his career.

Point one, agreed.
Point two, agreed.

Can the rest of us understand this?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:

Point one, agreed.
Point two, agreed.

Can the rest of us understand this?

Yep, I've said that multiple times.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was said

P@ck66 said:
SuperRat said:
The day of quarterbacks carrying their team is over. The NFL is different than they used to be. What wins championships now is a running game a above average defense and a quarterback that isn't going to throw the game away. A top notch quarterback is nowhere near as key as it used to be.

Sorry dude..but you're wrong...

I don't agree....and I'm sure some others on this forum won't agree as well...

That has been a pattern of a few teams..but if you have a QB facing one of those teams (let's say..Pittsburgh) who can smoke the DB's with some pure receiving talent...that team is going to win..

and I replied with

SuperRat said:
Lets try backing up some of the things we say. Here let me back what I said up. Ben Roethlisburger. Is he an amazing quarterback? No. Did his team win the Super Bowl? Yes. Peyton Manning. Is he an amazing quarterback? Yes. Two years ago with very good recievers and a bad defense, breaking the record for TD passes in a season. Did he even get to the Super Bowl? No. Trent Dilfer? Is he an amazing QB? No. Did he win a Super Bowl? Yes.

I feel like I backed up what I said fairly well. Now it is your turn.

and you never responded. I think there might of been something else, but I can't find it now.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

Favre said Walker should come to camp and let them take care of you later.

Chris Mortenson stated Walker has no bad relations with Favre. He said that Walker wanted out because of money.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

When was it asked for Walker to play for free? I don't recall him ever being asked to play for free. I do recall him being asked to HONOR the contract HE signed WILLINGLY.

Favre probably DOES have 100 million in the bank, probably next to his SB Ring and THREE MVP trophies.

Favre is PROVEN talent.
Walker is a MERGING talent. Walker could end up being a top five WR consistently in the NFL. Currently, he is not. He is a one legged WR with ... now a fat wallet.

flapackfan said:

Walker was not going to play in Green Bay and the Packers had to do whatever was needed to get the most value for basically a 'nothing' to the team. The Packers did a sufficient job. (we'll see how sufficient in a few years)

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
You will be ripped for this post, because some here feel TT can do no wrong.

Yeah Right! As if phony, bibulous, Viking stooge blatherers really care about the Packers?
By the way, aren't you late for lunch?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Btw, i wrote this because i think all the Javon bashing is out of control. Trust me, Minnesota, Chicago and Detroit were very very happy to see Javon leave.

Trust me, Minnesota, Chicago and Detroit would rather have gotten burned by a Pro Bowler than a rooke (Greg Jennings)

Muwahhahaha

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is gonna happen Greg will kick there *** and I wanted Javon to stay as a packer his whole career but it didnt happen because he got injuried. If javon wouldnt have got hurt at the beginning of last season and had another 1000 plus yard season and maybe made it to the pro bowl i would have been willing to bet green bay would have signed him for a long time and he would have probably remained a packer his whole career I liked Javon he was my favirote player at one time. When i was watching the Detroit game and i saw him go down, i knew something bad was going to happen. Sometimes it is better to move on

Members online

Latest posts