Are we ready for mobile QBs?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JS have an article up (no link, go find it if you want) talking about some of the things we have done to handle players like kaep Vick and RG3. Going back to school to work with a college on how to defend it, changes on the defensive front, and disguising the defense with things like mike neal at LB and DE.

Is this enough?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have enough team speed to stop these guys. The difference between stopping those guys and watching them run on by ya is good discipline. We didnt get torched by a lot of called QB runs. We got ran all over when the discipline/scheme put guys either way up field or with their backs to the QB. I'd like to believe the coaches did their homework this offseason and will be able to put their guys in good positions to hold a pocket and keep those pesky running QBs in front of them.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that this will be a pivotal season for Dom Capers and his defensive staff. They had a bad season in 2009, a great 2010, a terrible 2011, and an average season in 2012. If 2013 doesn't show significant improvement then the organization may look for a fresh coaching perspective. I've never been in the "Fire Capers" camp but do think that the momentum is certainly starting to building in that direction.

I'll opine that significant changes aren't needed, just the right changes. We'll find out if they were the right ones.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I think your defense will be better against Mobile QB's this year.

Yeah right!!!!:poop::D

I knew I'd find that at the bottom of the scroll bar LOL.

I'm glad we have the Niners the first game of the season, it will give us a true litmus test into how good Dandy Don really is, especially since we all know these two teams will meet again in the playoffs anyway.

(unless the Niners get eliminated in the first round that is...Pack will have the 1st round bye). :D

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
RGIII wont be as mobile in only week 2 due to still recovering from that nasty injury. Vick has not been fast or done a lot with his legs for some time now. Vick is highly inaccurate, causing over throws for INT's. He is easily rattled and easily injured.

The way to solve the mobile QB is to hit him, hit him a lot, hit him hard a lot. The more he wants to run around, make him pay. He may think about throwing a lot more often. Mobile QB's vs us this year will be a different story.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the question is, could the defense do any worse against said qbs? nowhere to go but up...especially after that game against the 9ers

H

HardRightEdge

JS have an article up (no link, go find it if you want) talking about some of the things we have done to handle players like kaep Vick and RG3. Going back to school to work with a college on how to defend it, changes on the defensive front, and disguising the defense with things like mike neal at LB and DE.

Is this enough?

No. The front 7 incumbents need to be better football players playing better football, Matthews being the exception. And they need to do it in a zone defense.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Yes, ready for RBs too. The dynamics of the team will definitely change this year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I thought it was hasty to call for capers head last season I think if this is an issue this season you need to look at your options.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I wanna say 'YES we are ready for mobile quarterbacks' I have to have it proven to me. This has been a problem for 12 years 2 GMs 2 coaches etc. etc. etc. I can't blindly Santa Claus believe this time.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As much as I wanna say 'YES we are ready for mobile quarterbacks' I have to have it proven to me. This has been a problem for 12 years 2 GMs 2 coaches etc. etc. etc. I can't blindly Santa Claus believe this time.

A problem for us alone, or are you including the many many other teams that have to take on a mobile QB week in and week out?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We would be ready if the NFL allowed snipers up in the lights !

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A problem for us alone, or are you including the many many other teams that have to take on a mobile QB week in and week out?

I'll worry about the many many other teams that have to take on a mobile QB week in and week out when I become a fan of those teams

Members online

Latest posts