1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Are we becoming the Chicago Cubs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by paxvogel, Mar 8, 2007.

1. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My fear is that we are developing that kind of mentallity as an organization. Put a decent team on the field but not a competative one because we know the fans will come regardless and Packer and Cub fans are lifelong. Strive for mediocrity. I also see where Eric Johnson signed for 2 million. Way within our budget and an upgrade at TE. Let's go after TJ Duckett now, he is an upgrade over what we have at RB.

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why go after Duckett when we may very well be hitting on an RB in the draft?

Building mediocrity. How about rebuilding a team that had been run into the ground.

To compare a rebuilding effort that is now 2 years old to the decades of ineptitude that is the Cubs is insane.

3. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No if we were like the cubs we would spending foolishly but that's what you guys want TT to do right.

4. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go Cubs :beersign: ! And take the Bears with you!

5. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see the last 2 Super Bowl champions, Colts and Steelers, spending like crazy either. Us fans just need to be patient.

6. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I normally don't agree with you, but Eric Johnson for $2 million would have been nice in GB.

Duckett does have experience in the zone blocking system and could be a goaline threat.

7. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Were even in the playoffs? They need a lot less.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :sucks:

9. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Chicago Cubs spent money like it was going out of style on mediocre players this offseason. If anything, we're the complete opposite.