Are we becoming the Chicago Cubs

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fear is that we are developing that kind of mentallity as an organization. Put a decent team on the field but not a competative one because we know the fans will come regardless and Packer and Cub fans are lifelong. Strive for mediocrity. I also see where Eric Johnson signed for 2 million. Way within our budget and an upgrade at TE. Let's go after TJ Duckett now, he is an upgrade over what we have at RB.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why go after Duckett when we may very well be hitting on an RB in the draft?

Building mediocrity. How about rebuilding a team that had been run into the ground.

To compare a rebuilding effort that is now 2 years old to the decades of ineptitude that is the Cubs is insane.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the last 2 Super Bowl champions, Colts and Steelers, spending like crazy either. Us fans just need to be patient.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fear is that we are developing that kind of mentallity as an organization. Put a decent team on the field but not a competative one because we know the fans will come regardless and Packer and Cub fans are lifelong. Strive for mediocrity. I also see where Eric Johnson signed for 2 million. Way within our budget and an upgrade at TE. Let's go after TJ Duckett now, he is an upgrade over what we have at RB.

I normally don't agree with you, but Eric Johnson for $2 million would have been nice in GB.

Duckett does have experience in the zone blocking system and could be a goaline threat.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chicago Cubs spent money like it was going out of style on mediocre players this offseason. If anything, we're the complete opposite.

Members online

Latest posts