are u kidding me?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is an abomination. its air coryell. super bowl? are yu kidding me? you kool aid drinkers need to wake up. we just got out coached AGAIN. sick vick? thank goodness for clay matthews having the where with all to stop sick vick. put 8 in the box this guy can not beat you and sam shields, you shouldnt have made the team. he doesnt guard anyone. passing up 10 pts 2 out of 3 downs? wtf mccarthy. 9-7 at best. air coryell and I'm a huge packer fan. vikings d is going to hold us down just like they did the saints. As far as Ryan Grant is concerned: good riddance. bjack is much better. time to bring lumpkin into the mix. on another note: special teams is much and I mean MUCH impoved. Bears got luckier than squat on a bs ruling. you can't tell me that that wasnt a td that 81 scored. revealing that that rule needs to be changed, and the showboat rule is well you know needs to stop. was totally impressed with james jones - use him more. overall - a c minus for the team. josh sitton wtf up.

Jesus Christ dude, just ****. I hate ******* fans, doubly so when they are fellow Packer fans. This is the first time we beat Philly in Philly since like 1963, so just be happy we won. We're not always going to win with style, sometimes our game is going to be off, so for us to get the win and hang 27 points on the board despite those circumstances is pretty ****ing good. Be grateful, eh? It's better than the alternative.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
youre right on most accounts but you cant change a conservative coach. Holmgren would have stepped on their throats and blitzed the hell out of vick to force throws which almost always result in defensive turnovers. good to hear that you have faith but jeez, its not rocket science to say that the 3-4 favors pass defense and the blitz....you rattle vick and its a laugher.
Sorry man, not true. We played nickel the whole time. 4 rushers.

Thing is, we had only 3 DL actives. One with a cast. We didn't get enough rotation. The line was tired. Not only that, they didn't prepare for a whole game of Michael Vick. I agree, he's not that hard to play against, but the team wasn't very prepared. Capers DID send a lot of blitzes, but the guys were tired, and couldn't make the play. Also, in a couple of key 3rd downs, Shields, a rookie, was covering the guy and missed. Harris and Underwood were inactive for this game, so they had to put the rookie out there.

Rodgers and the OL are at fault for their comeback, and he admittedly said so. The O couldn't keep drives going.

But, let's be honest. Rodgers is this team's strenght. He played poorly, and yet we scored 27 points on them. If he was on a roll, like he usually are, this game is over by half time. So no need to panic.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Wow!!! Lambeau ****** it's ******* game one relax I hate packer fans like you..OMG we only won by 7 we suck OMG Rodgers threw 2 picks bench him OMG sam shields allowed one td in his first game ever wha wha wha grow up kid

ATL Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is an abomination. its air coryell. super bowl? are yu kidding me? you kool aid drinkers need to wake up. we just got out coached AGAIN. sick vick? thank goodness for clay matthews having the where with all to stop sick vick. put 8 in the box this guy can not beat you and sam shields, you shouldnt have made the team. he doesnt guard anyone. passing up 10 pts 2 out of 3 downs? wtf mccarthy. 9-7 at best. air coryell and I'm a huge packer fan. vikings d is going to hold us down just like they did the saints. As far as Ryan Grant is concerned: good riddance. bjack is much better. time to bring lumpkin into the mix. on another note: special teams is much and I mean MUCH impoved. Bears got luckier than squat on a bs ruling. you can't tell me that that wasnt a td that 81 scored. revealing that that rule needs to be changed, and the showboat rule is well you know needs to stop. was totally impressed with james jones - use him more. overall - a c minus for the team. josh sitton wtf up.
Although this is my first post, I have read the site on a daily basis for the past year. Reading the OP's comments made me sign up for an account on here.

OP: You sir are an idiot and that is all I have to say. Probably of the 14 year old variety I assume...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You saw the playcall on the 4th and 1 and still think McCarthy got outcoached?

Because that was an absolutely terrible playcall. Roll Vick out on a bootleg. If someone's open he could throw and if not he could pick it up with his legs. He'd been killing us all day with scrambles, not so much on designed runs.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Packers won in Philadelphia on the first game of the season. No Packer coach has won in Philly since 1963. I would say the coach did pretty darn good. He won. It doesn't matter if a win is pretty or ugly. At the end of the season, the only thing that counts are the W-L records.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Double Standard Much???

One thing I can say is that if anyone is basing the season on this one game is an idiot. Green Bay has one of the best Defenses in the NFL right now. When you put in a Game plan to go up against a Kevin Kolb and he goes out and Vick comes in then everything changes. He changed the game and the way GB's Defense had to play. Normally if you game plan against Vick then you will keep a Spy on him because he runs out of the pokcet to setup his passes. He had so much success running because GB was in a Defense to stop the Pass that when they shifted the throwing lanes opened for his receivers. He is one of the most difficult QB's to scheme against in a good system because of what he can do with his legs. You have to pay so much more attention to the threat of him running that everything else opens up. I hate having to play against him, but if they went into the game with a game plan to stop him then he wouldn't have been as successful.

You are a hoot, the Pack have one of the best defenses right now in the NFL? Ha, sure...and you know this how? Just like how this *** clown on here is dissing the Pack after one game, yet you say one game doesn't justify jack-crap right? So how can you think the defense is the best? And after the first game at that? Or without judging the first game?

Let me break it down to you (in terms of this oh so mighty Packer defense) through their first game....

Philly-150 rush yds (7.1 avg)--171 pass yds (5.1 avg)--199 receiving yds (9.5 avg)...I hate to tell ya but those numbers are not impressive one bit, especially when you claim they are THE BEST IN THE NFL. Just wait until you play a REAL offensive threat team like the Saints, Colts, Patriots, Vikes, etc......

I know you are going to come back talking how the Vikes shouldn't even be on that list, however without their top receiver and a rusty game by Favre (just like Rodgers who threw TWO INT'S btw), the Vikes still have a premier RB and powerful offense, just give them another game or two in order for the new receivers to adjust, you'll see! At this point, it looks like Rodgers holds the interceptor trophy (Rodgers-2 vs Favre-1)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are a hoot, the Pack have one of the best defenses right now in the NFL? Ha, sure...and you know this how? Just like how this *** clown on here is dissing the Pack after one game, yet you say one game doesn't justify jack-crap right? So how can you think the defense is the best? And after the first game at that? Or without judging the first game?

Let me break it down to you (in terms of this oh so mighty Packer defense) through their first game....

Philly-150 rush yds (7.1 avg)--171 pass yds (5.1 avg)--199 receiving yds (9.5 avg)...I hate to tell ya but those numbers are not impressive one bit, especially when you claim they are THE BEST IN THE NFL. Just wait until you play a REAL offensive threat team like the Saints, Colts, Patriots, Vikes, etc......

I know you are going to come back talking how the Vikes shouldn't even be on that list, however without their top receiver and a rusty game by Favre (just like Rodgers who threw TWO INT'S btw), the Vikes still have a premier RB and powerful offense, just give them another game or two in order for the new receivers to adjust, you'll see! At this point, it looks like Rodgers holds the interceptor trophy (Rodgers-2 vs Favre-1)

Will you come back every week please? Somehow I doubt you will....

one of the best Ds comes from where we ranked last season.

I cant wait til we play the vikes.

And as far as the interceptor trophy goes Favre still has it with a whole 319 of them.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to ask,

How does it feel to be in last place of the division with the Lions?

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on now, people are allowed to have their opinion.

But the bottom line, a win is a win is a win. I will take it however we can get it. Yes it was ugly at the beginning and the end, but the 2nd and 3rd quarters were quality.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
At this point, it looks like Rodgers holds the interceptor trophy (Rodgers-2 vs Favre-1)

And yet his passer rating is still higher than grandpa moses in the purple 4 jersey. Oh, and Rodgers can go home this weekend knowing his team won.:happy0005:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one am glad we got the ugly win. Good teams find a way to get it done when things just don't seem to be working, and well, we got it done exactly under those circumstances. To me it's a very encouraging sign that Rodgers can have an off day and our defense and special teams can pick up the slack.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I for one am glad we got the ugly win. Good teams find a way to get it done when things just don't seem to be working, and well, we got it done exactly under those circumstances. To me it's a very encouraging sign that Rodgers can have an off day and our defense and special teams can pick up the slack.

That is a good point. Tonight in the Dallas game the announcers were saying that an elite QB knows how to get that necessary touchdown in the last minute to win the game. I think it took a pretty good defense to stuff Philadelphia and Vick to secure the game in the end.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This week the Vikings played.
The Packers played.
Which team won?
Because that's all that matters.

As far as INTs go:
BrINT Fail got INT and lost the game.
Aaron Rodgers got INT twice and still won the game.
So BrINT Fail got OWNED by the Saints, again.

And if ya wanna discuss D-Fence, well the Viqueens D didn't show up against the Saints.
Never mind the "Held them back to (Number of points)" ********.
That is just sour grapes from the losing fans.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the score in the Saints/Vikes game didn't at all tell the whole story. Saints missed 3 separate scoring opportunities, while the Vikings had only two all game.

But hey, go ahead and talk trash Vikings fans. Whatever makes you feel good about yourselves I guess.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol i thought sheilds played really well for an undrafted free agent, it was his first game he will make mistakes. but did he cost us the game NO. he got beat for a TD, who doesnt? even woodson gets beat sometimes. the packers did blitz vick a couple of times. but he is like tyring to catch a chicken, you think youve got him sacked and then he spins out of it and burns us for 40 yards. that is why they didnt blitz him more. i have never seen a fan ***** and moan about a road win against philly to start the season, or against anybody for that matter lol. last year the packers squeaked out a win against the bears to win in the opener. and we went 11-5 and went to the playoffs. so your logic is completely shattered there lol

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could barely read that post lol...

You're right though, Grant was invisible the drive he got hurt - especially with the 3 runs for 30 yards... Good laugh though it's week one. Only thing I agree with you about is the fact Johnson caught the ball not sure what the argument was there.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else, besides me, think that the Packers will have to really improve when they play better teams?
Or does it look like they will do fine from what you saw today?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else, besides me, think that the Packers will have to really improve when they play better teams?
Or does it look like they will do fine from what you saw today?

Well you always need to improve and build off games, wins or losses. Look at it this way, it was our first game of the season against a team that is very hard to beat at their home, we had a lot of injuries and adversity to play through, they switched to a completely different kind of QB, and we still got the W. Ya Rodgers played about as bad as he could possibly play, and our offense still put up 27 points on a good defense. Good, he's got the jitters out now cuz he knows he can and will play better than that. Imagine if Rodgers had just had a decent day, that game wouldn't even be close. I think we'll be fine.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you always need to improve and build off games, wins or losses. Look at it this way, it was our first game of the season against a team that is very hard to beat at their home, we had a lot of injuries and adversity to play through, they switched to a completely different kind of QB, and we still got the W. Ya Rodgers played about as bad as he could possibly play, and our offense still put up 27 points on a good defense. Good, he's got the jitters out now cuz he knows he can and will play better than that. Imagine if Rodgers had just had a decent day, that game wouldn't even be close. I think we'll be fine.

You are right. Thanks. You cheered up my mood quite a bit.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Our Offense started not that good for the 1st QTR. But slowly started fireing up the engines. My problem is the play calling for the 3rd QTR. We had chances to put the game away in the 3rd QTR but we never took advantage. A Win is a Win. Our ST was good surprisingly. And Crosby got a 56 Yard FG.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, chill out dude. A road win against a team that has been to the NFC championship game 5 times in the last 10 years, while they were using a 3 time pro-bowl QB that the Pack didn't even game plan for. I'd say that was a solid win. Sure it wasn't pretty but that's football. Not every game won by the Saints last year was pretty. The important thing is that GB builds from this and fixes what needs fixing.

Members online

Latest posts