Are the Packers just a bad team???

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't meant to be some knee jerk response or a flaming post, but are the Packers now one of the basement teams in the NFL?

All preseason we were waiting for something to break through, then we are defeated by 2 teams who were considered, at best, to be fringe playoff teams, and of yet, I'm just not seeing signs that the Packers are a dominant team that is just waiting to click.

The Packers aren't the new Bears of the division...are they?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it looks like it might be true. 336 yards and 3 Tds by favre....ahman got cut short again due to us being down. we held droughns to 50 yards...but dilfer got over 330 yards. We try...we just...might not be too good.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not a basement team yet but they are not very good right now. If Favre calls it a day after this season, THEN they will be a basement team. Sorry but I truly believe that. I saw the Bears fall from the top once upon a time.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like posts from last year when they were 1-4. Anyone remember the loss to Arizona. We are 1 game behind and tied with the team favored to win the division. Relax everyone.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
We try...we just...might not be too good.

THis is what really jumps out at me...the Packers have made their share of mistakes, but truth be told, what areas are the Packers horribly underperforming in that's resulting in the losses? A few areas I saw today was the wrs not getting open, opening up running lanes, producing a consistent pass rush...sure, those things can improve, and should be expected w/ a new d cord and what not, but they're also signs of them not being that good.

IMOHO, the Packers haven't been playing THAT bad, they've just been getting beat :(

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta stop those big plays, and get some turnovers..They do that and they will be fine.. Only question is, will they? And if so will it be too late, the schedule is only going to get worse if they don't turn it around in a hurry. :cry:

On the bright side though, At least the Vikings look horrible..& nobody else in the division is what you would call very good either. ..lol

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what areas do we lack? Consistent run game, and pass defense...330+ pass yards by trent friggin dilfer

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giving up all of those yards to Dilfer has to be one of the most embarrassing performances I've seen in a long time.. Sad, sad, sad..

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rmayer32 said:
Giving up all of those yards to Dilfer has to be one of the most embarrassing performances I've seen in a long time.. Sad, sad, sad..

Some of those things are preventable...On the Edwards TD, Collins seemed to be out of position and bit hard leaving Thomas essentially alone, and when he was burned, well...

But still... are guys like Aaron Kampman, Adrian Klemm, Joey Thomas, etc. guys that would start on a championship caliber team? I guess we'll find out.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But still... are guys like Aaron Kampman, Adrian Klemm, Joey Thomas, etc. guys that would start on a championship caliber team? I guess we'll find out.

Hopefully stranger things have happened.. who knows.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now the Packers are indeed a bad team, just as they were in the preseason. Hopefully they will improve as the season goes on. I'm sticking to my original prediction of 8-8. I hope they do better than that.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No there is something worst they seem to be a Team with no heart and soul, maybe Sherman need to read Lombardi´s "What it takes to be number one", he need to act like a real man and push his team around, but I dont see this happen at all...

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
No there is something worst they seem to be a Team with no heart and soul, maybe Sherman need to read Lombardi´s "What it takes to be number one", he need to act like a real man and push his team around, but I dont see this happen at all...

I'm not sure...he encouraged the team to be inspired by Reggie during the week, they had his jersey hanging up in the tunnel when they came out at half, they got to witness the halftime ceremony...shouldn't that be sufficient motivation, at least for this week?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows Musccy it is not a Jersey or a ceremony it is about being a good leader, one you can trust and will die for, and IMHO Sherman is a very nice guy, with no one of the issues that I have just mentioned, I hope we get better and I promise I will send an apology letter to Mr. Sherman.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm just torn on the motivational aspect of Sherman. People look at the team as being uninspired and just assume Sherman is doing nothing, and again, I bring up the way he tried to tie Reggie into this week as an example of things that MS is in fact doing to try to motivate this team.

When you think of motivational coaches, Gruden and Parcells come to mind. However, I can cite examples of the Bucs and 'Boys coming out flat in spite of the most animated coaches in the NFL....or what about the Pats?!? Belichek isn't much different than MS...fairly docile, yet who debates the motivation of his team. My point being that I don't think you can count on or blame the coach for the motivation as much as we do.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's stop an dthink about this for a moment. We didn't do anything in the off season, other than to draft some defenders to fix the defense. The defense is awful. I thought they would be better coached than they are. I'm surprised at that. I'm not at all surprised that the Packers offense has played this flat. I think this a team without a leader of any sort, either at the head coach or in the lock room. They have no one that stands up and makes a play. Brett is trying toi make the great play instead of the right play. It's just typical of a bad team. We are the worst team in football right now.

Members online

Latest posts