Are the packers even going to win a game?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
kmac said:
Not to hate on Jim Bates, because he knows more about football than any of us, but if he was as good as we thought he was, he'd have a job right now.

[align=center]EXACTLY[/align]

Although I really liked Jim Bates a LOT. I think he might be another Fritz Shurmur. Excellent defensive coach, but doesn't have all the requirements for HC.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Chamuko said:
porky88 said:
Canadian packer said:
Guys we lost to the saints at home.... The saints turned the ball over three times in the first quarter... The packers still lost against a team that will win 5 games this year. I love how everyone say it only one touchdown. Guys it's the saints... The packers shouldn't be losing to teams like that...

The Saints will be turning the corner in the near future because of Reggie Bush, Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Their 2-0 and have added a lot of talent this year. Sean Payton will be a great Head Coach in the NFL. He's Parcells best protege. The Saints are probably in better shape currently than the Packers. It showed. When the Saints got going GB could not stop them.

Yes you are right SEAN PAYTON will turn this team into a winning team MM will dig a bigger and deeper grave for the Packers and he will be a bust as HC..

Why couldn´t we get a real HC guy like Childress or Payton !!!!

..or Bates!

I thought all 3 would of been great hires for us.

In case of Bates. Don't doubt for one minute that he won't be a Head Coach some day. I expect as soon as next year.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i dont know why but i have a feeling when brett leaves every packer fan will miss him alot.

we are going to suck even more with out him.

Of course they will and with good reason.
The thing is, they suck with him and they are just prolonging the rebuilding of the team.
If they lose the next 2 games do you still sit Rodgers on the bench? He is going to have to play at some point.
When Walter Payton retired he announced it before the season started and the Bears split the time at RB between Payton and Neil Anderson.
It made Anderson a better player and he went to the pro bowl the next 4 seasons in a row.
That was not an insult to Payton. It was the Chicago Bears making sure that they were ready for life after Walter and Payton himself understood this.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Phil,

We're talking about Brett Favre here..not Walter Payton.

Big difference!

No, not really.
You say that Favre is not washed up and neither was Payton. He rushed for over 1,300 yards the year before.
The differance is that the Packers are not preparing themselves for the future while the Bears did just that. The Bears went to the playoffs that season and had a lot more to lose by playing Anderson than the Packers have at this point.
Anderson was not as good as Walter Payton and I seroisly doubt that Rodgers will be as good as Brett Favre.
Anderson was however the replacment that they drafted for that very reason and the Packers did the same with Rodgers. If they continue to lose, don't you think that Rodgers will need some real live game experiance before week 1 of 2007?

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
I'm not going to lie. I really want to see Rodgers play.

However, I know that this would be detramental to the team, and Brett should be our QB.

The Broncos are in a similar situation. Their fans heavily booed every Plummer incompletion.

kmac, I don't see the correlation to Plummer.

Favre threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's...are they booing him at Lambeau yet?

Phil..you didn't take the bait. Phil's all happy and mellow now cause the Bear's are kicking ***.

I guess you have a point, Rodgers does have to get some work in at some point on this team since they are not going to be competitive, I guess, if Favre's not going to be around. The thing that ****** me off about it though is that the Packers could have been competitive this year if TT would have fixed the O-Line and gotten another good veteran WR. Oh well..didn't happen.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
majikman said:
Phil,

We're talking about Brett Favre here..not Walter Payton.

Big difference!

No, not really.
You say that Favre is not washed up and neither was Payton. He rushed for over 1,300 yards the year before.
The differance is that the Packers are not preparing themselves for the future while the Bears did just that. The Bears went to the playoffs that season and had a lot more to lose by playing Anderson than the Packers have at this point.
Anderson was not as good as Walter Payton and I seroisly doubt that Rodgers will be as good as Brett Favre.
Anderson was however the replacment that they drafted for that very reason and the Packers did the same with Rodgers. If they continue to lose, don't you think that Rodgers will need some real live game experiance before week 1 of 2007?

I agree Payton and Favre are very similar. Both did a lot for their teams. Both are great men and both are in the discussion for best ever at their position.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just said that about Peyton to try and put a burr under Phil's saddle...

didn't work though..oh well..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts