Lions Are The Lions Too Cocky???

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the coach to the players they seem to me to be a bit full of themselves for not having accomplished anything. Suh, jumping in the opposing teams stands, etc??

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with the Tebow thing, and no it's not because I hate him, everyone celebrates getting a sack.

I wish i could do a "Tebowing" for everytime he throws an incomplete pass, but my screwed up right leg won't allow it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't see why it matters though....

The league is so different than the way it was 20 years ago. You didn't have players like Roddy White that would run to the press "OMG he said this, he said that", Phil Simms mentioned this on Inside the NFL and he's so right. Nowadays if you yell at fans or something, it's a fine, it's all in the media, and so on. I don't like the Lions, but the only thing I didn't like so far in character was the coach freaking over Harbaugh.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What do you want your team to play like? If it's my defense, i want them to be PHYSICAL even though these days youngsters seem to think that means "dirty players".

Take the Houston Oilers from the late 1980's for example. They would knock the **** out of you, they didn't care if you complained either, some called them dirty but that entire defense as in your face, physical to put the quarterback on the ground.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, they've taken the personality of thugs.

It sure beats the personality of perennial losers...

Of course, you don't need to have the thug mentality to be successful. The best you could do is be like the Packers, all business all the time.

In the end, it's about accomplishments. We won the SB and are 7-0, so we're not cocky, we're confident. The Lions have a past of defeats after defeats, so they're cocky for showing off. I know it's not exactly like that, but that's how people see it.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, they've taken the personality of thugs.

It sure beats the personality of perennial losers...

Of course, you don't need to have the thug mentality to be successful. The best you could do is be like the Packers, all business all the time.

In the end, it's about accomplishments. We won the SB and are 7-0, so we're not cocky, we're confident. The Lions have a past of defeats after defeats, so they're cocky for showing off. I know it's not exactly like that, but that's how people see it.
Exactly RS, that's the point.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you can show off when you've walked the talk. Lions haven't in eons. We'll see how their braggadocio works out.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with the Tebow thing, and no it's not because I hate him, everyone celebrates getting a sack.

I wish i could do a "Tebowing" for everytime he throws an incomplete pass, but my screwed up right leg won't allow it.
Put on the title belt instead. Which is better than genuflecting anyway.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think this team will take cheap shots at our team? I think so - unquestionably. It is a divisional opponent and they are going to try to lay the wood to Rodgers et al. Are they a "bad" team? No - they are a very young and talented team. Are they a pretender? I don't think so. Are they gunning for Green Bay? Yep. Too cocky? If getting it done is cocky, then you could say the same thing about ALL teams. Personally I think they are making a mockery out of TEBLOW. Well Denver fans, you got what you pay for. Kyle Orton is CLEARLY a better QB than Billy Joe Tolliver(I mean) Tebow. LOL
Detroit just punked Teblow and the media needs to realize that he is not NFL caliber sooner rather than later.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
They're big boys. They can do what they want. Other teams don't like it? Then stop them.

Precisely. They put on a pretty good show when they're pounding on what I think could very well be one of the worst excuses for an NFL QB that I've seen this year.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think some of you are letting your animosity toward Tebow affect your perspective. I think Tebow is extremely overrated as well. But as far as what Tulloch did -- that is mocking Tebow plain and simple. Perhaps the Pack is not the class of the NFL (although I unequivocally think that they are) and so I ask myself: would any of the Packer defenders do that to Tebow (or any other quarterback for that matter) and not only do I hope the answer is a resounding "NO", but I believe with all my heart that the answer to that question is a resounding "NO."
I think that was about as classless as anything I have seen and I think it is indicative of their team mentality.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, and I think that's just part of the Detroit mentality. That's a rough city. It's fitting that it's a rough team. Like the Pistons in the 80's. It fits the city's persona. Much like the Steelers. I hate 'em. Whatever. We beat them and make their celebrations and mockeries look silly. That's all I care about.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, u could see that in the game yesterday... i was rooting for them at first cuz i felt bad for them that they sucked for so long, but if theyre not careful theyre gonna be on bears/vikings level

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, and I think that's just part of the Detroit mentality. That's a rough city. It's fitting that it's a rough team. Like the Pistons in the 80's. It fits the city's persona. Much like the Steelers. I hate 'em. Whatever. We beat them and make their celebrations and mockeries look silly. That's all I care about.
How many of the players on the Lions team do you think grew up in Detroit??

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever. I don't care. My point is that I'm concerned with what my team does, not what other teams do. And if we beat them (and we will) what the Lions do will continue to not matter.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does that matter? How many of the "Bad Boy" Pistons grew up in Detroit? That's where they work.
Because you intimated they adopted their personna from living in Detroit. Their personalities as well as that of the Piston players were developed well before they became professional players. Suh was a bad *** well before.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never intimated that it was from living there. That was you, not me. I likened them to the persona that was taken on by the Pistons back in the day and the Steelers, and those players surely didn't grow up there either, so I don't know where you came up with that.

Members online

Latest posts