Are Packer fans as bad as Boston/New York fans?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
We the fans OWN the team. We're the one team that should be able to expect 19-0 every season and raise hell when we don't get it. We're emotionally and financially invested in this team. No other team in sports is. As I said though I could've dealt with a loss in the Superbowl better than an egg being laid in a divisional playoff game after going 15-1.

You own Packer stock?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
If EACH of the 45 players had lost a family member or members that week I can understand. It was a COACH'S kid!

That's some pretty breathtaking insensitivity right there. You obviously didn't see Mike McCarthy break down at the podium during his presser, or weren't aware of all the tweets by players and their family members who expressed heartfelt, grave concern for Coach Philbin and his family - but even if you had, I guess you just couldn't "understand", right?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I myself in one month had pneumonia, and my brother die. Between this I had to take Semester exams as a Sophomore in High School AND take a standardized test that was REQUIRED for graduation the DAY I put my brother in the ground! I flunked NOTHING!

Congrats on flunking nothing.

If EACH of the 45 players had lost a family member or members that week I can understand.

Really? Why would you cut them some slack under these conditions? I mean, these guys are PROFESSIONALS. They are PAID to play through pain (emotional AND physical).

On a serious note, I think it unfortunately had a negative impact on the team. Probably not the whole reason, but likely played a role. The Packers played like crud and lost. Giants brought their A-game and won. Let's move forward.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We the fans OWN the team. We're the one team that should be able to expect 19-0 every season and raise hell when we don't get it. We're emotionally and financially invested in this team. No other team in sports is.

I think all die-hard fans have a similar "right" to raise hell when their team fails to win. To say that we have more of a "right" to do so is arrogant, imo.

Emotionally, we are no different from any sports franchise with a similar long term duration in one city. Come on- as much as I enjoy saying "Bears Suck" (and they do), their fan base is as emotionally involved as anyone. Same can be said for many other clubs (Pittsburgh, NYG, Dallas, etc.). I am proud that Green Bay can consider itself one of these franchises with such an intense following, but I wouldn't say it's any different.

And financially, our ability to purchase a couple hundred bucks of stock once or twice in a lifetime is a drop in the bucket compared with typical annual costs of season ticket holders for any professional sport in any city. Heck, even the lifetime costs of NFL Ticket (or Gamepass for those of us who are international) dwarfs the financial investment of a single share of Packer stock. Geez, an authentic jersey is even more expensive that the stock.

Let's keep our modesty here.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Geez, an authentic jersey is even more expensive that the stock.

Let's keep our modesty here.
I believe Nike is going to make it equal to a piece of stock. :(

I don't think we are, we had good reasons for the high hopes, and sadly this is the first Packers team to win a superbowl one year and not return another. Other than divisional rivalries and the fans that really want to sock you one when your team loses (or thinks they will), most on this forum have been trying to be decent.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Breathes deeply) People who shrug their shoulders and say 'we'll be ok' will always shrug their shoulders and say 'we'll be ok' no matter what, even when the team goes 0-16 or 1-15. They never want change, until something IS changed, and it works out. People like me, see problems ahead of time and realize that these players and coaches have a job that involves making scheme or attitude changes, or improving their skills in any area they are deficient. People who shrug their shoulders and say 'we'll be ok' never get out of data entry jobs if we want to put it in a non-football context, or if they do become an exec, they end up working for Enron. Some shockingly in this world, even get fired for their complacent 'we'll be ok' attitude. People who see things wrong, and either fix them, or expect them fixed immediately are successful, and if there are enough of us, we affect change so that the 'We'll be ok' people ARE ok, and never get to the point where they have to worry about the problem.

Now Forget Favre, and all others that have bagged on me in this post. 'Are we ok?' Or did we stink it up by being the first 15 win team to lose their first playoff game at home in the history of the NFL?

Hahaha. This is satire, right?

You cannot impact the result of a Packer game in anywhere close to the same manner you impact your own career or life. There is no analogy here. In fact, a lot of folks (believe it or not) watch sports precisely BECAUSE it is something they cannot impact the results of, in CONTRAST with the stresses and responsibilities of their own lives.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
STOP IT! Everybody just STOP! STOP making excuses for shoddy play! JUST STOP! There is NO excuse for the effort we saw in that playoff game, or in the effort we saw out of this WHOLE team from about week 12 forward. If you think there is, please...go join the Rams board. This place if it ISN'T, it SHOULD BE for knowledgeable Packer fans that CARE about the team, and that live and die with this team they way it used to be, and that are TRUE fans, that KNOW that any loss means 'something wasn't fixed, and needs to be in the future'. You apologists just STOP!

So the 6 int game in playoffs vs the Rams---no excuses and you sent letters to Brett and the Packers?

L

Lunchboxer

I felt this team for this season was winning because of the amazing offence. When this team entered the playoffs and played high caliber teams the Defence could not help out the offence a tad bit.

The team was really good in regular season. The offence did all the work all season.

Had the offence not play as it did we would of lost alot more games.

If we had Last years Defence and This years offence we would of been Unbeatable.

Members online

Latest posts