AR body type

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to sound weird

But do any of y'all think he can actually hold up into his 40s?

He's only 6'2, not very tall

Brett was only 6'2 but more thick/muscular

I just don't feel comfortable with him playing into his 40s with his injury history and he's not a big guy either

Obviously Brees is an exception but he plays in a dome

H

HardRightEdge

Not to sound weird

But do any of y'all think he can actually hold up into his 40s?

He's only 6'2, not very tall

I just don't feel comfortable with him playing into his 40s with his injury history and he's not a big guy either

Obviously Brees is an exception but he plays in a dome
It is impossible to plausibly conjecture about something 6 seasons in the future.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees is 6’0. 209 lbs and 40. Missed your last line when reading on my phone, didn’t see your reference to Brees, so as Rosanne Rosannadana said, never mind.

Reaction score
Yes.
Aaron Rodgers is largely underestimated. But every time someone questions his ability he answers.

If GB can somehow manage a top 1/3 Defense and get this O Line in order they’ll be well in the mix again.

I also think you got it backwards.
IMO it’s the larger athletes who have more difficulty sustaining with few exceptions.

Last edited:

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Keep him upright and he'll last a while.

That is why Brees is still playing at 40 and may have a few more years ahead of him. I looked at sacks over their careers and since 2008 when Rodgers became the starter, Brees was sacked 269 times compared to 403 for Rodgers. Drew Brees sack total for his entire career going back to 2002 is only 395. Rodgers could be at 586 career sacks by 4o if something does not change.

Reaction score
That is why Brees is still playing at 40 and may have a few more years ahead of him. I looked at sacks over their careers and since 2008 when Rodgers became the starter, Brees was sacked 269 times compared to 403 for Rodgers. Drew Brees sack total for his entire career going back to 2002 is only 395. Rodgers could be at 586 career sacks by 4o if something does not change.
Once again this shows we are long overdue.
I hope Gute stays focused and gets 1 OL early and another OL mid draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with others the Packers have to improve pass protection but Rodgers style of play is a reason for him being sacked more often than Brees as well.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees is 6’0. 209 lbs and 40. Missed your last line when reading on my phone, didn’t see your reference to Brees, so as Rosanne Rosannadana said, never mind.

She also said "Hey Dr Joyce Brothers...Flick that sweat ball off the end of you nose"

Reaction score
I agree with others the Packers have to improve pass protection but Rodgers style of play is a reason for him being sacked more often than Brees as well.
I was thinking about that. I think Rodgers propensity to scramble in the pocket definitely contributes to an increase in sack rate.
Conversely, he also has the ability to make opposing teams pay during a good % of his scrambles. If we can increase his allotted time .5 sec per scramble he’s got the ability to punish our competition.
The surest way to do that is increase the level of internal competition on the OL. That also by default gets us better depth. I’ve also fallen victim to “taking my eye off the ball” so to speak regarding this draft. OL just has to be a priority this year IMO.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett Favre looks like he could pound the crap out of any one of us on this site TODAY.

Did you see BF4 on "A Football Life"? The dude is ripped.

I never could understand how AR12 can throw those Hail Marys and zing that ball with the scrawny, spindly body he has.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge AR12 fan and I love the guy to death (not to "sound weird").

Put some burly 300 pounders in front of him and I think he'll be just fine.

But BF4 was an ironman......in a class by himself.

Shockwave

Reaction score
I understand the question on Rodgers, but don't forget, this is a team sport.
If he has or will have a so-so season in 2019-20. there should be other factors to winning any game besides his size.
A defense, a running game, and good side-line personal that can make adjustment why things aren't working.

Some where in the last two seasons, all this was lacking.

D

Deleted member 6794

If we can increase his allotted time .5 sec per scramble he’s got the ability to punish our competition.

That's definitely true but in my opinion it's unrealistic to expect the offensive line being able to protect him for an average of a half second longer per dropback.

Members online

Latest posts